Alec and FedEx

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
For fiscal year 2010, writes the anti-austerity organization US Uncut, “When it comes to paying their fair share of taxes, FedEx simply does not deliver. When FedEx made $1.9 billion in profits, they managed to pay less than .0005% of it in taxes by using 21 tax havens. FedEx also spent 42 times (4200%) more on lobbying Congress than they did in taxes.
------------------------------------------
Stick a fork in me ... I am done!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
For fiscal year 2010, writes the anti-austerity organization US Uncut, “When it comes to paying their fair share of taxes, FedEx simply does not deliver. When FedEx made $1.9 billion in profits, they managed to pay less than .0005% of it in taxes by using 21 tax havens. FedEx also spent 42 times (4200%) more on lobbying Congress than they did in taxes.
------------------------------------------
Stick a fork in me ... I am done!

Please tell vantexan this so he can stop agreeing with Smith that corporate taxes need to be reduced.

Poor Fred.

vantexan

I believe that paying one's fair share of taxes will promote economic growth. Does FedEx pay a fair share? Hardly.

How does the government collecting taxes promote economic growth? The private sector grows the economy, and does it best without dragging a government anchor.

bbsam

Staff member
How does the government collecting taxes promote economic growth? The private sector grows the economy, and does it best without dragging a government anchor.
Because governments build roads, schools, libraries, parks, police and fire stations, dikes and dams. They police our borders, defend the nation, and enter into partnerships with private enterprise to do all these things and that's not even counting research and development.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Because governments build roads, schools, libraries, parks, police and fire stations, dikes and dams. They police our borders, defend the nation, and enter into partnerships with private enterprise to do all these things and that's not even counting research and development.

Obama has consistently advocated for infrastructure projects that would create hundreds of thousands of middle-class jobs AND repair our crumbling bridges and highways. The GOP-controlled House has shot him down every time.

vantexan

Obama has consistently advocated for infrastructure projects that would create hundreds of thousands of middle-class jobs AND repair our crumbling bridges and highways. The GOP-controlled House has shot him down every time.

Obama has submitted one budget in his tenure and it was so bad not even the Democrats in Congress would support it. Stop drinking the Koolade!!

And P.S. Giving billions to businesses like Solyndra with failed business models but who contributed to his campaign hardly constitutes an infrastructure project.

vantexan

And where does the money come from to do all of that? Without a vibrant economy of goods and services government can't collect enough revenue to pay for all of that. And too much of what is collected is going to support a governing class, not into all that you say. Cities aren't declaring bankruptcy because of trying to build schools. They no longer have the revenue to pay the big salaries and great bennies of government workers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Obama has submitted one budget in his tenure and it was so bad not even the Democrats in Congress would support it. Stop drinking the Koolade!!

And P.S. Giving billions to businesses like Solyndra with failed business models but who contributed to his campaign hardly constitutes an infrastructure project.

All FOX talking points.

EffOff

Well, I don't blame Fedex for boycotting Air America. A pathetic loser leftwing attempt to counter Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and their ilk. A FAILED attempt. I don't listen to any of those guys, but I'm smart enough to know that the Left is most responsible for the high taxes and penalties everyone - ESPECIALLY the middle class - now pay. For the huge amounts taken out of every paycheck that reduce a decent amount to a substandard subsistence amount. Thanks Democrats, for your "compassion".

But Fedex still sucks. Especially for those of us who originally worked for Kinkos and now slave under Fedex Office (otherwise known as you guess it, friend-Off). Health benefits are now a joke. You have to spend $1,000 a year on medical needs before Cigna will offer any co-pay. All you get up 'til then are discounts. Big whoop. Bunch of vultures. No wonder everyone hates Cigna.

And when I look around at my co-workers...they all have health issues. Broken people. Several of them are diabetic. One is hypoglycemic and has to go to the hospital regularly. A couple people have significant heart issues. One guy is on dialysis. These are broken people for whom the miserable jobs they have at friend-Off are godsends - but they're still woefully underpaid and overworked. And Fedex knows it. Revels in it. Takes full advantage of them. When you slave away for years at a job that takes brains and standards and experience to do well, and you make a lousy $30,000 a year, that is exploitation. Period.

I wanted to laugh when my ******* of a District Manager mocked our Climate Surveys and said "Hey, if you don't like it, quit!" Yeah, the people with those health issues can totally do that. You dicksucker. Get prostrate cancer and die, dickless wonder.