All Air Drivers To Be Eliminated?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My building least desirable 22.3 positions are load on Midnight and unload on preload or unload on midnight and load on preload. Also the most numerous positions.
I forgot about these new wave of "22.3" jobs that sellout Hff/ union and company are bargaining.

But other than those (which shouldn't exist to begin with), I would say air/inside are worst. Especially if we are talking about MOST employees, since most are making a lower split wage and not making the full rate. Of course there are exceptions and it is subjective if we are talking about payrate, or job difficulty.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
To many high air stop counts and late building starts that the "maybe" factor will always deem pt air drivers as a necessity

To many high air stop counts and late building starts that the "maybe" factor will always deem pt air drivers as a necessity
Always been the secret to my success is UPS's ability not to plan ahead. All of our 22.3 air drivers were laid off for a year or so and I still worked everyday. Even more so.

shalang

No combo or 22.3 just PT car wash. Really high seniority and they have to offer me the work first. My management team only knows what they read in the newspaper about Saturday ground delivery so no help there.

Whats 22.3?

generally the least desirable combos are air/preload, or anything involving Art. 40 for that matter. A few exceptions.

Well the guys thay do it here start 4 in the morning and are usually out by noon after delivering air. Of course management wants to give them ground after but they can turn it down whenever they please.

Also, whats Article 40?

My building least desirable 22.3 positions are load on Midnight and unload on preload or unload on midnight and load on preload. Also the most numerous positions.

We have a TON of those combos opening. Every bid is about 20-30 Twilight/Night and Night/Preload load and unload jobs. Some combos are unloading for 8 hours. That must suck.

Always been the secret to my success is UPS's ability not to plan ahead. All of our 22.3 air drivers were laid off for a year or so and I still worked everyday. Even more so.

They did something similar in our building. They laid off the EAM drivers and reconfigured their jobs in building. Im thinking that some of the preload/air drivers right now may go into the same situation.

Also, regarding lower wages, if the air drivers are at top rate (27.40 in my area) , their rate for the day would also have to be at whichever rate is greater. At least thats how we get paid if we deliver air on weekdays.

air_dr

22.3 and Article 40 refer to specific paragraphs of the union contract. Article 40 deals with the Air operation. Article 22.3 refers to combo jobs.

The more I read of this thread the more I sense I have nothing to fear as far as my M-friend part time evening air route being eliminated.

It will be interesting to see what the days of a t-s ft driver end up looking like...

shalang

22.3 and Article 40 refer to specific paragraphs of the union contract. Article 40 deals with the Air operation. Article 22.3 refers to combo jobs.

The more I read of this thread the more I sense I have nothing to fear as far as my M-friend part time evening air route being eliminated.

It will be interesting to see what the days of a t-s ft driver end up looking like...
Ah I see, thanks.

A lot of T-S drivers will also go 9-5 after 4 years seniority. 9-5 is one of the reason why a lot of stuff aren't being delivered.

Ah I see, thanks.

A lot of T-S drivers will also go 9-5 after 4 years seniority. 9-5 is one of the reason why a lot of stuff aren't being delivered.
Same problem in my building. 9.5's, 8 hour request, vacations, injuries. I tell dispatch how many hours I want to work this week. They try to accommodate me because who else knows the job. Certainly not a couple of less then one year FT driver sups or a new center manager.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Can't you get it through your thick skull??? I never said a word to the mods. It was their decision to put you and Turd on forced ignore-----I had nothing to do with it and, in fact, don't think that it was necessary.

All you had to do was stop stalking me.
Nobody is "stalking" you Mr ego narcissistic ass. You post things on a public Internet forum. Don't like the way you're treated? Maybe you need to look at how you are with others on here.

You're just upset some of us give it back to you and don't roll over and bow to you.

shalang

Same problem in my building. 9.5's, 8 hour request, vacations, injuries. I tell dispatch how many hours I want to work this week. They try to accommodate me because who else knows the job. Certainly not a couple of less then one year FT driver sups or a new center manager.
Christmas is the time of spontaneous disabilities in our hub. A lot of vets are "physically unable" to get the job done during peak and are relegated to driving the bulk cart around.

I still feel that with Saturdays gone, a lot of us air drivers will still have work. If anything, it will probably be better since I no longer will have to work 6 days a week.

Another new rumor that popped up is a Wed-Sun shift. Anyone here of this one?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Not saying they do not try but I have been set up too fail to many times that I recognize what is going on. Sink or swim, lets see how he handles the route with no training. Terrible way to train a new sup.
Terrible way to train anybody. Should be allowing people the opportunity for success, not failure.

Christmas is the time of spontaneous disabilities in our hub. A lot of vets are "physically unable" to get the job done during peak and are relegated to driving the bulk cart around.

I still feel that with Saturdays gone, a lot of us air drivers will still have work. If anything, it will probably be better since I no longer will have to work 6 days a week.

Another new rumor that popped up is a Wed-Sun shift. Anyone here of this one?
Have not heard of Wed-Sun, but Ctr manager did say something about Sun-Thur drivers. We have Feeder runs already that are Tues-Sat and Sun-Thurs. Hub Daysort is Sun-Thurs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nobody is "stalking" you Mr ego narcissistic ass. You post things on a public Internet forum. Don't like the way you're treated? Maybe you need to look at how you are with others on here.

You're just upset some of us give it back to you and don't roll over and bow to you.

Yet I couldn't help but notice that the stalking has stopped. Interesting.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yet I couldn't help but notice that the stalking has stopped. Interesting.
You're so funny Dan.

You really need a girlfriend.

Seriously go get one.

You just don't like when people push back on your nonsense. Johney does it. Turd does. I do. And you don't treat us the way you treat some others on here that you think you can get away with.

shalang

You're so funny Dan.

You really need a girlfriend.

Seriously go get one.

You just don't like when people push back on your nonsense. Johney does it. Turd does. I do. And you don't treat us the way you treat some others on here that you think you can get away with.
What is his issue? Why is does he act like a jerk here? In person hes prolly a cool guy.

More news. I just went to help a driver who is in his 2nd week of FT driving. He told me that today was his last day. Hes going back to his old position. I had to offload 70 stops from him. Hes already at 200+ per day.

Cant see why anyone would want to go FT at this point (in our hub at least). Newbies are getting put in the Tue-Sat schedule and they are getting screwed with tons of packages. A couple years back, 120 was a lot. Now a lot of guys go out with 275+.

I told him that job aint for everyone. I know that it isnt for me. I get stressed out just looking at their trucks. Took over an hour just to get his 7000 and 8000 shelves out because it was so tightly packed.

A lot of the packages, as mentioned, are because of the 9-5 guys. Gotta wait 4 years before I can get on that list. Doubt I'd survive a month.

I forsee a ton of new FT drivers quitting. I had a friend who has been covering for a little over a month do 210 packages in 12 hours. They told him he should have had it done in 10. Talk about pressure.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
What is his issue? Why is does he act like a jerk here? In person hes prolly a cool guy.

More news. I just went to help a driver who is in his 2nd week of FT driving. He told me that today was his last day. Hes going back to his old position. I had to offload 70 stops from him. Hes already at 200+ per day.

Cant see why anyone would want to go FT at this point (in our hub at least). Newbies are getting put in the Tue-Sat schedule and they are getting screwed with tons of packages. A couple years back, 120 was a lot. Now a lot of guys go out with 275+.

I told him that job aint for everyone. I know that it isnt for me. I get stressed out just looking at their trucks. Took over an hour just to get his 7000 and 8000 shelves out because it was so tightly packed.

A lot of the packages, as mentioned, are because of the 9-5 guys. Gotta wait 4 years before I can get on that list. Doubt I'd survive a month.

I forsee a ton of new FT drivers quitting. I had a friend who has been covering for a little over a month do 210 packages in 12 hours. They told him he should have had it done in 10. Talk about pressure.
Dan is Dave is Dan.

He's just that way.