All Air Drivers To Be Eliminated?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He needs new people to bully. He cries to mods when people fight back. I suspect he will be bullying new members more

Can't you get it through your thick skull??? I never said a word to the mods. It was their decision to put you and Turd on forced ignore-----I had nothing to do with it and, in fact, don't think that it was necessary.

All you had to do was stop stalking me.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
keep-calm-and-don-t-get-eliminated-1.png

NXA

Couldn't imagine being at a location at which FT drivers regularly run out of hours outside of peak season.

For those of you who are, do you have to sign a sheet acknowledging remaining hours available every Friday morning at PCM, year round?
Only when it's less than 13.

air_dr

Being an air diver myself, this thread has caught my attention to say the least...

Speaking in general, it seems like many rumors eventually come true but it takes a long time for the powers that be to get their act together...

I have heard nothing in my area. I wonder if there is a difference between regions based on time zone affecting the value of having separate air drivers, at least on the PM side. Here in the central time zone many drop boxes have a 1900 pick up time and a significant number are even later at 1930. This is well after day time ground drivers have (ideally) come back to the building. In the pacific time zone, I'll bet the cut off times for sending air are quite earlier if something is to reach the east coast by 1030 the next morning.

There was a thread some years ago talking about all air drivers being eliminated around NY City. What ever came of that experiment?

Finally, shalang, please clarify some things as some of your posts leave me quite confused: Are you an am or a pm air diver, or do you work in the hub? I understand you having said that you many not be able to work this Sat due to all the hours you have put in during the week. Surely, you must not be reaching the 60 hour limit. Is the rumor that ALL part time air driver work will be given to full timers, or is it just the Sat work only? Does your hub have a significant number of non-combo job part time employees who work weekdays as air drivers?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Here in the central time zone many drop boxes have a 1900 pick up time and a significant number are even later at 1930.
It will depend on your location as well. In my previous building our last off property drop box PU time was 1745. The center's was 1800.

shalang

Being an air diver myself, this thread has caught my attention to say the least...

Speaking in general, it seems like many rumors eventually come true but it takes a long time for the powers that be to get their act together...

I have heard nothing in my area. I wonder if there is a difference between regions based on time zone affecting the value of having separate air drivers, at least on the PM side. Here in the central time zone many drop boxes have a 1900 pick up time and a significant number are even later at 1930. This is well after day time ground drivers have (ideally) come back to the building. In the pacific time zone, I'll bet the cut off times for sending air are quite earlier if something is to reach the east coast by 1030 the next morning.

There was a thread some years ago talking about all air drivers being eliminated around NY City. What ever came of that experiment?

Finally, shalang, please clarify some things as some of your posts leave me quite confused: Are you an am or a pm air diver, or do you work in the hub? I understand you having said that you many not be able to work this Sat due to all the hours you have put in during the week. Surely, you must not be reaching the 60 hour limit. Is the rumor that ALL part time air driver work will be given to full timers, or is it just the Sat work only? Does your hub have a significant number of non-combo job part time employees who work weekdays as air drivers?

I am a part time hub person on the weekdays. I drive Saturday for Air.

Yes, I hit 58 hours this week. Why? Drivers on vacation and a lot on the 9-5 list.

The rumor is for Saturday Air Driver. FT have nothing to worry about.

Yes, many part timers such as myself work weekdays. All Summer (drivers on vacation) and peak.

I am a part time hub person on the weekdays. I drive Saturday for Air.

Yes, I hit 58 hours this week. Why? Drivers on vacation and a lot on the 9-5 list.

The rumor is for Saturday Air Driver. FT have nothing to worry about.

Yes, many part timers such as myself work weekdays. All Summer (drivers on vacation) and peak.
I have been doing the same thing for decades. I have been fortunate this week to skip out on my bid job and just work about 8 hours driving plus Saturday. Don't need the extra money anymore.

shalang

I have been doing the same thing for decades. I have been fortunate this week to skip out on my bid job and just work about 8 hours driving plus Saturday. Don't need the extra money anymore.

Bid job? Are you a combo? The best combos have got to be preload/air. These guys make their own hours and can turn down work if they want.

Today the supervisor verified it. Mentioned that Saturday is coming to an end soon. I didnt question the remark but it seems so, at least in our building. The other center managers and full time on roads say that they havent heard about it. However, since the Saturday FT supervisor said it, and thats without me even bringing it up, seems more legit.

Bid job? Are you a combo? The best combos have got to be preload/air. These guys make their own hours and can turn down work if they want.

Today the supervisor verified it. Mentioned that Saturday is coming to an end soon. I didnt question the remark but it seems so, at least in our building. The other center managers and full time on roads say that they havent heard about it. However, since the Saturday FT supervisor said it, and thats without me even bringing it up, seems more legit.
No combo or 22.3 just PT car wash. Really high seniority and they have to offer me the work first. My management team only knows what they read in the newspaper about Saturday ground delivery so no help there.