All Air Drivers To Be Eliminated?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We use 3 air/shuttle drivers 4 days a week at our center and a normal day is 20 routes...

We are a center of 22 full time routes. Running 29 Tues to Thurs. We have 2 22.3 guys who run to 2 different Airports for our air..1 works Tues to sat. Other is Sunday to thurs. If they get back when they are supposed to. They help close out trucks. Then shuttle a few air. Although for us drivers. It seems like the sunniest days the planes are delayed. We say "the sun is blocking the runway. The pilot can't see ". Only half of our center has any commits. Other half is up to 100 miles away.

mrbrownstone

I don't do Sat Air anymore just full time Mon-Fri driving but when I did we were using ORION and compared to using EDD on Saturdays it was pretty nice because most of the time I was in areas I had never been in my life with stops spread out all over the place. So rather than "mapping" everything out via Google Maps I would just follow ORION.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Our hub is fairly small but basically they hire preloaders... Preloaders are asked if they are interested in driving Saturday some. If yes we get sent to school.... then we sign up to drive Saturdays and it's senorita based down to the low man and if all spots are not filled for that Saturday it's force based starting with the low man. Our air drivers are also trained for part timing routes and the same method applies. 5 out of 6 "supposedly" full time drivers are Saturday drivers. I've actually never seen our hub ever even post an application online for a part time drivers. Lol

shalang

Wish we had no commit times. Weekdays are 1030 and Saturdays are 1200. No commercial to be sheeted as CL1 between 12-1.

We have so much work at the moment. Air drivera going out 5 days a week. Currently at 30+ hours. If this continues, I wont be able to drive this Saturday.

Our Summers have a ton of FT drivers on DIS or vacation. That ends in September. Come October, peak starts up and we drive again on weekdays until mid January.

I really like doing base cars or transferring stops from a FT driver. Easy and relaxed. When I look into a FT drivers car I get speechless.

If I ever go FT, gonna have to roll through 4 years before I can get on the 9-5 list.

542thruNthru

We have 2 air drivers taking air off drivers every day in my center alone. I'd say out of the whole building we have 7-8 air drivers working every morning all week.

PT Car Washer

We have 2 air drivers taking air off drivers every day in my center alone. I'd say out of the whole building we have 7-8 air drivers working every morning all week.
Sounds like my building except air drivers are taking ground stops off package car drivers. I have been running 30 to 60 ground stops a day this week. Lucky that is all I have been running.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Wish we had no commit times. Weekdays are 1030 and Saturdays are 1200. No commercial to be sheeted as CL1 between 12-1.

We have so much work at the moment. Air drivera going out 5 days a week. Currently at 30+ hours. If this continues, I wont be able to drive this Saturday.

Our Summers have a ton of FT drivers on DIS or vacation. That ends in September. Come October, peak starts up and we drive again on weekdays until mid January.

I really like doing base cars or transferring stops from a FT driver. Easy and relaxed. When I look into a FT drivers car I get speechless.

If I ever go FT, gonna have to roll through 4 years before I can get on the 9-5 list.
If there were no commit times, then you as an air driver would not be necessary.

DOK

Our hub does. Drivers dont get off until 11 Pm. They bleed them until 13.99. hours many days. A lot depends on each center but I have been at my hub at 10 PM and see the drivers pulling in.
Damn I could use that OT, they won't do that here, nor will they let FT drivers work Saturday to get their 60.

shalang

Give the guy a break

Ya, he has had it out for me since the beginning.

Damn I could use that OT, they won't do that here, nor will they let FT drivers work Saturday to get their 60.

Come to a big city where the volume is never ending.

In fact, we're having driver helpers tomorrow.

Im hitting 60 this week, by Friday. May not even be able to come in on Saturday. It's like this all Summer and October to mid January. Once the Tue-Sat crew comes, who knows if it will still be like this in the future.

Last year was our worst peak ever. Im talking packages delayed for a week because it was too heavy and not enough space/package cars/drivers.

Ya, he has had it out for me since the beginning.

Come to a big city where the volume is never ending.

In fact, we're having driver helpers tomorrow.

Im hitting 60 this week, by Friday. May not even be able to come in on Saturday. It's like this all Summer and October to mid January. Once the Tue-Sat crew comes, who knows if it will still be like this in the future.

Last year was our worst peak ever. Im talking packages delayed for a week because it was too heavy and not enough space/package cars/drivers.
Good luck