Amusing "Concern" that came into our center

beentheredonethat

Without proof either way on religion or evolution I am still on the fence, but my mind tells me that evolution is the way. Until then both religion and evolution are theories. But if picked for a game of dodgeball my homeboy Darwin would have me as a player.

I really don't believe the two are mutually exclusive. Do I believe in evolution.. Yes. Do I believe that there is a God and God made the heavens and the earth? Absolutely.

I could spend hours and write pages and pages on what I believe, but I'll try to be brief. The bible has many parables in the New testament. Stories that Jesus told to help to explain what God wants and how God wants us to behave. I also believe that on a scale of 1 to 10 for knowledge, most of us are probably a 4 or 5 and God is a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000+
So could God fully explain to us how the heaven's and earth were made? No.. since we could never understand it so he told a story, a parable if you will.

Think of it this way... If a 3 year old child asks where a baby comes from, and let's assume you have a PHD in biology and a professor at Harvard Medical school. What would you tell them? Would you tell them all the knowledge you had on the subject? Or would you "dumb it down" and tell them something like when a man and a women are in love and God blesses them with a little baby to love and care for. Or something to that effect.

Now the child is older and 12-14 years old. Do you say the same thing to them as you said roughly 10 years earlier? Heck no.. You advance your answer to their level of understanding. Now, that child is now in college and studying to be a Dr. Now when biology and reproduction is taught, you can teach them the full breadth of your knowledge. Odds are also that in the last 20 years as the child grew older, your knowledge level increased considerably too.

In my opinion, a similar thing was done with how God taught us via the bible. He only gave as much as we could understand at the time.

That's a tiny fraction of the reason why I believe evolution and belief in God is not mutually exclusive.

As to why God did it the way God did things. I don't have the foggiest as to why or how. That's beyond my comprehension.

I do find it hard to believe that just random chance somehow caused "the big bang". It's hard to believe that random chance allowed the matter to form galaxies, star's, planets. All the various elements and chemical compounds. Random chance then somehow created conditions where life could start from no life. etc etc etc.
I believe that there was a God, that started the process, that had a plan and slowly guided the universe as we know it, including our own selves. Did God utilize evolution as a tool to slowly develop the planet? I think so.

I realize a lot of other people may or may not believe. That is their right to choose.

Someone else mentioned how they don't believe in a God where if you don't believe in Jesus then you won't get to heaven. Whereas a murderer or rapists can enter if they believe in him even if it's at the last minute. I believe in Jesus and he was sent to die for our sins. However, keep in mind. The idea is he by his act has allowed us to join him in heaven. He decides who can enter or not. At the time he was crucified the vast majority of the world did not know him or what was going on in that area of the world. Are they denied entry? I don't believe so. I think Jesus is smart enough to know this and grant entry based on his own judgement. Also, I believe Jesus is smart enough to know if a person says they believe when they really don't.

If someone is taught about Jesus, and that person outright denies him. Then will that person be allowed into heaven? I don't know, but I'd rather not be that person.

Indecisi0n

I know if I was going down in that hypothetical plane I'd jump the hottest stewardess.........then ask for forgiveness.

I really don't believe the two are mutually exclusive. Do I believe in evolution.. Yes. Do I believe that there is a God and God made the heavens and the earth? Absolutely.

I could spend hours and write pages and pages on what I believe, but I'll try to be brief. The bible has many parables in the New testament. Stories that Jesus told to help to explain what God wants and how God wants us to behave. I also believe that on a scale of 1 to 10 for knowledge, most of us are probably a 4 or 5 and God is a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000+
So could God fully explain to us how the heaven's and earth were made? No.. since we could never understand it so he told a story, a parable if you will.

Think of it this way... If a 3 year old child asks where a baby comes from, and let's assume you have a PHD in biology and a professor at Harvard Medical school. What would you tell them? Would you tell them all the knowledge you had on the subject? Or would you "dumb it down" and tell them something like when a man and a women are in love and God blesses them with a little baby to love and care for. Or something to that effect.

Now the child is older and 12-14 years old. Do you say the same thing to them as you said roughly 10 years earlier? Heck no.. You advance your answer to their level of understanding. Now, that child is now in college and studying to be a Dr. Now when biology and reproduction is taught, you can teach them the full breadth of your knowledge. Odds are also that in the last 20 years as the child grew older, your knowledge level increased considerably too.

In my opinion, a similar thing was done with how God taught us via the bible. He only gave as much as we could understand at the time.

That's a tiny fraction of the reason why I believe evolution and belief in God is not mutually exclusive.

As to why God did it the way God did things. I don't have the foggiest as to why or how. That's beyond my comprehension.

I do find it hard to believe that just random chance somehow caused "the big bang". It's hard to believe that random chance allowed the matter to form galaxies, star's, planets. All the various elements and chemical compounds. Random chance then somehow created conditions where life could start from no life. etc etc etc.
I believe that there was a God, that started the process, that had a plan and slowly guided the universe as we know it, including our own selves. Did God utilize evolution as a tool to slowly develop the planet? I think so.

I realize a lot of other people may or may not believe. That is their right to choose.

Someone else mentioned how they don't believe in a God where if you don't believe in Jesus then you won't get to heaven. Whereas a murderer or rapists can enter if they believe in him even if it's at the last minute. I believe in Jesus and he was sent to die for our sins. However, keep in mind. The idea is he by his act has allowed us to join him in heaven. He decides who can enter or not. At the time he was crucified the vast majority of the world did not know him or what was going on in that area of the world. Are they denied entry? I don't believe so. I think Jesus is smart enough to know this and grant entry based on his own judgement. Also, I believe Jesus is smart enough to know if a person says they believe when they really don't.

If someone is taught about Jesus, and that person outright denies him. Then will that person be allowed into heaven? I don't know, but I'd rather not be that person.

......HAHAHA

Only you could have time to find a stewardess, have sex with her and still have time to ask for forgiveness in a plane crash.

The most important of all the 5 habits: Get the big picture. I'd scope out that stewardess the moment I stepped on the plane. You can never be too prepared. Turbulence gets rough? Unzip that fly. Captain put the seatbelt light on? Begin to pre-fluff. Oxygen masks come down? Start running, unzipped, fluffed to the girl ( or boy, no judgements) of choice. One of two things will happen. One, you'll get lucky, ask for forgiveness, and ascend to heaven when the plane crashes. Or two, the captain will save the day, you'll be tackled and tasered, and the rest of the passengers will see you hauled off the plane wrapped in duct tape with your pants around your ankles but you will still be alive.

Either way its a win-win.

Indecisi0n

I know if I was going down in that hypothetical plane I'd jump the hottest stewardess.........then ask for forgiveness.

The most important of all the 5 habits: Get the big picture. I'd scope out that stewardess the moment I stepped on the plane. You can never be too prepared. Turbulence gets rough? Unzip that fly. Captain put the seatbelt light on? Begin to pre-fluff. Oxygen masks come down? Start running, unzipped, fluffed to the girl ( or boy, no judgements) of choice. One of two things will happen. One, you'll get lucky, ask for forgiveness, and ascend to heaven when the plane crashes. Or two, the captain will save the day, you'll be tackled and tasered, and the rest of the passengers will see you hauled off the plane wrapped in duct tape with your pants around your ankles but you will still be alive.

Or the captain saves the day, girl has herpies and you now have something to remember her...for life.

Integrity

Binge Poster

cachsux,

You and others may think you are very funny but from this post one might come to the conclusion that you need serious help of some kind.

Sincerely,
I

Are you insane if you know you're insane? Kind of a chicken in a straight jacket and the scrambled egg thing.

If it bothers I that much then I must have done something right.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You are on a plane, it is on fire and out of control falling from the sky. Do you throw out a last ditch prayer?

Hence why I never claim myself to be an atheist. I'm not sure that I ever prayed to a god per say but I have asked my own father who may be in heaven for guidance and looking after. But possibly more so it being a look into myself as he may had already instilled the knowledge I need before his passing.

Hence why I never claim myself to be an atheist. I'm not sure that I ever prayed to a god per say but I have asked my own father who may be in heaven for guidance and looking after. But possibly more so it being a look into myself as he may had already instilled the knowledge I need before his passing.

My interpretation of God is of a loving parent doing the best he can to raise us the right way and then letting us go into the world to succeed or fail on our own. We'll either do the right thing or we won't, faith, bible, and religion or not.

Integrity

Binge Poster
​Judge not lest ye be judged.
cachsux,

Matthew 7:1 is often misquoted when unwelcome opinions are offered.

It is important that we make judgements in life, it is also important that we don't think we are better than others.

I made a judgement that you prior post might lead some to think you need serious help. It is my judgement based upon the content of the post not upon who made the post.

I certainly don't feel I am better than you or any man. Lord knows I serious need help in every aspect of my life. I am thankful that I choose God to be the one I seek and trust in to provide that help.

Without Him I am nothing.

Sincerely,
I

cachsux,

Matthew 7:1 is often misquoted when unwelcome opinions are offered.

It is important that we make judgements in life, it is also important that we don't think we are better than others.

I made a judgement that you prior post might lead some to think you need serious help. It is my judgement based upon the content of the post not upon who made the post.

I certainly don't feel I am better than you or any man. Lord knows I serious need help in every aspect of my life. I am thankful that I choose God to be the one I seek and trust in to provide that help.

Without Him I am nothing.

Sincerely,
I

​Some of us could pass judgement on you for the quality of your posts since day one.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Whether you believe or not right before you die say "I repent all my sins". And your holy again. You have nothing to lose right.

Ok this is my thing if there is a god he surely knows your not sincere or have doubts. I could go to church every Sunday tithe my 10% get baptized but never really believe in any of it. I don't see how that would make any difference if I always didn't believe. God knows all right?