Black Friday pay?

oldngray

nowhere special
giphy.gif

Rawrzxor

Central region and Michigan Supplement states that if we're required to work on a holiday it's double time plus the guaranteed 4 hours for PT and 8 hours for FT. The double time premium pay rate is only applicable for employees who have attained seniority. The 4/8 hour mins do not apply for seasonal employees or employees with less than 1 year employment with UPS.

At least, that's for our local contract.

I've been with UPS for 10 months. Are you saying that PT people with over 12 months get an auto 4 hours, and sub-year seniority employees only get 3.5 or are you saying we're (sub-year peoples) guaranteed nothing if we come in? On a normal day, I'm guaranteed 3.5 hours. I had thought it was the same for holidays, for sub-year employees. Although, they told me it was a guaranteed 4 hours back in January in orientation. Dirty liars.

Are we guaranteed 4 hours after our first year? Because that would be incredibly perfect for me.

Not going to happen .. you get Holiday pay. plus the days pay you work. any thing over 8 hours is double the over time rate. and that's it. This company would never pay triple or just give money they are to dam cheap......................................

Besides, it's not the company that pays us comparatively well--it's the union that makes them pay us decently. If it were up to the company, they wouldn't give us any overtime at all or anything more than regular pay on holidays.

By The Book

Rawrzxor, if you have attained seniority( are out of probation ) you will get the 4 hours holiday pay in addition to your hours worked at the rate in your supplement. As for your daily 3.5 hour gaurantee, you may have to ask to stay to get that if they try to send you home before the 3.5.

upswife83

Ok, I'm admittedly slow here in understanding all this holiday pay stuff, so if I missed something in the comments please enjoy making fun of me.
If you are a senior friend/t driver working today you get holiday pay (8 hours regular rate) and time and a half for hours worked (New England supplement), then what do you get hourly for hours worked over 8?

Z

ZQXC

Ok, I'm admittedly slow here in understanding all this holiday pay stuff, so if I missed something in the comments please enjoy making fun of me.
If you are a senior friend/t driver working today you get holiday pay (8 hours regular rate) and time and a half for hours worked (New England supplement), then what do you get hourly for hours worked over 8?

Before we answer: "What did your husband tell you about the pay rate?"

By The Book

It was explained years ago to me this way. You only get time and a half for hours worked because that's the wording in the supplement. So no triple time over 8.

PT Car Washer

Rawrzxor, if you have attained seniority( are out of probation ) you will get the 4 hours holiday pay in addition to your hours worked at the rate in your supplement. As for your daily 3.5 hour gaurantee, you may have to ask to stay to get that if they try to send you home before the 3.5.
In the Central Region Supplement PT are guaranteed 4 hours when forced to work a Holiday at double time plus 4 hours holiday pay.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Nothing...the way i understand it...there's no OT rate on time and a half.

upswife83

I just found it in the supplement, it will continue to be 1.5x until the 10th hour. My husband never pays attention to this stuff because he knows I'll figure it out for him haha. He said he is heavy today even without most of his pickups because he is doing part of someone else's rout. So maybe he will be out late and get the 1.5x on the 1.5x (2.25x regular rate), he said he still has 14 pages to go, so we will see! We need the money because I'm on maternity leave.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I just found it in the supplement, it will continue to be 1.5x until the 10th hour. My husband never pays attention to this stuff because he knows I'll figure it out for him haha. He said he is heavy today even without most of his pickups because he is doing part of someone else's rout. So maybe he will be out late and get the 1.5x on the 1.5x (2.25x regular rate), he said he still has 14 pages to go, so we will see! We need the money because I'm on maternity leave.
So, whenever his check is wrong...do YOU call his center manager and have it corrected?