Boy are we in for it!

UPS need to make adjustments,not a
Reaction. Just like they tell us,on safety.

They always let somebody else take the risk. Then they followed.

If they truly was a leader, Fedex would not exsist.

Now we are playing,catch up.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My whole building...all ten loading belts are filled to capacity with PC's...when they start running more peak routes....where do we park the trucks to load them...out in the yard??
Supposedly its against the contract to load trucks outside, somebody said that i heard but yeah just gets more retarded all the time with how all these are blown out now and its not even peak yet lol.

AKCoverMan

Supposedly its against the contract to load trucks outside, somebody said that i heard but yeah just gets more retarded all the time with how all these are blown out now and its not even peak yet lol.

Ha! For years we had a Satalite "center" where 5-7 routes loaded outside in a vacant lot either out of the back of two TP-60s or a feeder. Lots of fun in rain or blizzard. This is Alaska were talking about...I can remember driving up on this operation in below zero weather and seeing everyone with Carhart overalls over their browns and skimasks over their faces. It looked like our trucks were being hijacked lol

We finally got a building out there about I think this will be third winter indoors now although I think we are going to blow out of it this peak.. We now have 7 routes there everyday and 8 cars is probably most you can fit into the building.

I think requiring indoor loading was language in the draft of the last contract but it disappeared before it got to the membership.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Hey lets try something new! start us early,get preload wrapped and get the fudge out of Dodge!
We know thats not going to happen, not the companies mentality. They hate their employees, and their mentality is since their paying us well, were their slaves and they want us to have no life and be miserable. Never worked somewhere where the hatred and the level of how a company absolutely despises their employees is so high. Freakin ridiculous and sad really. Cant wait til the nightmare is over lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I dont mind working hard and working alot of hours if thats whats needed but just get us home to our families and loved ones earlier, thats all we ask for. It doesnt have to be that lateazz garbage every night. They run the company so 1975 its retarded. They have the money,tools and resources to make it happen but are so self centered, ignorant and have that peckerhead mentality toward their employees they just dont give a dam. Ignorant sumbitches is what they are straight up lol.

Z

ZQXC

They load them outside every year where I work. Set up some of the old style rollers across load stands or whatever they can improvise and push the packages out into the yard.

oldngray

nowhere special
My first peak we did start with the midnight sort. After peak we started at 3:30. I was just a new guy so didn't know any different.

The nice thing about preload starting at midnight was at peak they had those extra hours to get wrapped up before the drivers started. There were days they were still loading after 7 or 8 hours but with the extra slack in the system it allowed them to still get done.