Boy are we in for it!

MethodsMan

It takes a little while for the light bulb to come on for some guys. I know my first couple months I was worthless. Somehow I passed my 30 days. I'd say I'm a pretty good cut driver now.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It takes a little while for the light bulb to come on for some guys. I know my first couple months I was worthless. Somehow I passed my 30 days. I'd say I'm a pretty good cut driver now.
It took me a 2nd ride with a really good on-car. I was a couple hours paid over 2 weeks into my first training route. On-car came out and rode with me half day doing everything and I watched. I picked up a lot of little things he did that really helped. I scratched everyday after that.

MethodsMan

It took me a 2nd ride with a really good on-car. I was a couple hours paid over 2 weeks into my first training route. On-car came out and rode with me half day doing everything and I watched. I picked up a lot of little things he did that really helped. I scratched everyday after that.

Same. There's lots of little tricks. I remember when I was new I'd be driving past houses all the time and would get flustered. They love to put me out cold because they know I don't panic and get the route done in reasonable time. I'm most likely going to get this bid route here next week.

I've gone cold turkey. They're going to have to find they're new whipping boy.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Same. There's lots of little tricks. I remember when I was new I'd be driving past houses all the time and would get flustered. They love to put me out cold because they know I don't panic and get the route done in reasonable time. I'm most likely going to get this bid route here next week.

I've gone cold turkey. They're going to have to find they're new whipping boy.
Yeah I cover drove for like 7 years, after a while it sux and gets old for sure. Rather get my ding dong handed to me on a route I run everyday instead of a cover route lol. At least I know what to expect then, no sweat off your back lol.

3 decades later,still cant scratch.
Guess I will never qualify!..lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
3 decades later,still cant scratch.
Guess I will never qualify!..lol
scratchbirthday.gif
At least you can always scratch this..lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I was just curious....the difference in stop counts say 15 or 20 years ago vs now.
Routes from like 15 years ago to now pbly up 30 to 50 stops now and a lot of routes restructured and have changed. A lot of loops have changed. But for most part 20 to 60 more stops today versus then, all depending on route obviously. Went from a little :censored2: whooping to huge :censored2: whooping nowadays. Been really bad in my opinion the last 7 to 8 years. Finally came to an end here recently with the 8pm curfew in some places anyway. Question is how long will this game last? That's the magic question.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Seriously though...back when you started...how many stops a day did you have...on average?
Well, around here, there's a guy about my age. He says when he started covering a certain (hood) route;he was griping about being sent out with 120 stops while the bid driver was dispatched @ 85 (both driver's ethnicity appropriate for said 'hood). Current steward for that center chimed in "yeah, all those routes are golng out with at least 170 now".

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Well, around here, there's a guy about my age. He says when he started covering a certain (hood) route;he was griping about being sent out with 120 stops while the bid driver was dispatched @ 85 (both driver's ethnicity appropriate for said 'hood). Current steward for that center chimed in "yeah, all those routes are golng out with at least 170 now".
Yeah it is ridiculous, most of the routes have way too much work on them always lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Wow that is a huge increase!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Big time all across the country im sure. Used to be in my neck of the woods, mon was gravy, tue n wed were really heavy, thurs was lighter than tue n wed and then Friday was like a Monday finish week out light. For a good 5 to 10 years it was just dick whoopins almost everyday of the week regardless of the day.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Yep, that may have been before Driver Release, but then again it wasn't, and still isn't a Driver Release kind of neighborhood. And it's not even one of the 'bang-bang, dozens of shootings' over the weekend hoods.
I think I remember 1 of the other stewards saying as a swing driver he brought back some outrageous # of send-agains, like 50, and the on-road backed him up the next morning in the (new) center manager's office.