California

Babagounj

Strength through joy
bhos only wants corporations to hire long term unemployed , even if they are unqualified for such positions .
The problem is that many long term unemployed have given up looking for any jobs . So how is that going to work ?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom would redirect high-speed rail funding

The lieutenant governor doesn’t typically align with Republicans. But during an appearance on a conservative radio program, Newsom embraced a position the GOP has championed in Sacramento: Reallocating voter-approved high-speed rail bond money toward other projects.

Newsom’s stance reflects widespread public skepticism about the high-speed rail project. A 2011 Field Poll found nearly two-thirds of voters advocated another vote on a $9 billion bond issue for the project, with a clear majority saying they would vote down the funding measure voters had passed just three years prior.

“I think I’m where the public was and is,” Newsom said during his radio appearance.

“I am not the only Democrat that feels this way,” he added. “I gotta tell you, I am one of the few that just said it publicly. Most are now saying it privately.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Didn't a report come out this week that stated the real run times on the high speed links would be much lower than projected ?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Going to be near 90 degrees here tomorrow ( thursday ) of course, moreluck will say its only 65 degrees, but nonetheless, it will be HOT in the middle of winter!

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
3:30pm (2-19) and it's 64 degrees at Pendleton.....our next door neighbor. I trust the Marines to read a thermometer !! Just the facts !

oldngray

nowhere special
temperature.jpg

The state high of 88 was in Needles which is in Death Valley.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
3:30pm (2-19) and it's 64 degrees at Pendleton.....our next door neighbor. I trust the Marines to read a thermometer !! Just the facts !
Yes, it was nice and cool today, but still above normal. Of course, it was below normal in other places.

Weather.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's the friggin' 5 day forecast.......it's still a bunch of lies from tos.....no matter which day you pick, I'm not seeing 88 degrees !!!!
Highs for Fri Sat, Sun, Mon Tues

75 , 74 , 72, 70 , 69

moreluck

golden ticket member
60 °friend|°C Partly Cloudy
wcl1.gif

partly_cloudy_day.png

• Today
    fair_day.png
    66°friend High 48°friend Low
  • Thu
    partly_cloudy_day.png
    76°friend High 52°friend Low
  • Fri
    partly_cloudy_day.png
    75°friend High 52°friend Low
  • Sat
    partly_cloudy_day.png
    76°friend High 46°friend Low
  • Sun
    fair_day.png
    74°friend High 45°friend Low

• Still no highs of 88 degrees !!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not everybody in CA. lives in LA

Right Now

56°friend
FEELS LIKE 56°

81°
HIGH

55°
LOW
Clear
Partly Cloudy
Clouds Early / Clearing Late
It's still not high 80's like your friend keeps lying about !!!!! 81 is not high 80's by anybody's standards......except one person.

When it does turn high 80's it'll be called Summer.