Can a supervisor, manage while off duty?

UPSSOCKS

Hey, folks, this is GOOD!

Check out my rep and see what comment UPSSOCKS left for me when he -repped me. You think his little feelings are hurt?

I like it when somebody can demean, be condescending, arrogant and just plain stupid then TRY to turn the tables and say this! Funny!!!

stop slandeing me, I will sue you.....

City Driver

heres a cheat sheet for you

anytime you ask a question and it starts out with the words "can a member of UPS management......."

the answer is always yes

raceanoncr

stop slandeing me, I will sue you.....

Oh, geez! This is too much!!!! It's HILARIOUS!

"slandeing"? You better look up the definition of "slander", there, genius. In part, it says it's the malicious SPREADING of lies and untruths designed to ruin someone's reputation. I think YOU'VE done a pretty good job of that yourself already.

Then, look up libel.

And sue me? How you gonna serve the suit? Addressed to raceanoncr, in care of Brown Cafe?

Knock yourself out!

UPSSOCKS

Oh, geez! This is too much!!!! It's HILARIOUS!

"slandeing"? You better look up the definition of "slander", there, genius. In part, it says it's the malicious SPREADING of lies and untruths designed to ruin someone's reputation. I think YOU'VE done a pretty good job of that yourself already.

Then, look up libel.

And sue me? How you gonna serve the suit? Addressed to raceanoncr, in care of Brown Cafe?

Knock yourself out!

I must admit you are pretty clever. You sound very intelligent. Changing what I type and then commenting on it is something my grandkids do. I would have a lot of time on my hands if I were a career part time employee too.

Brownnblue

I must admit you are pretty clever. You sound very intelligent.
I'd say he sounds extremely intelligent. That must come as an absolute shock to you arrogant, disrespectful management types that a Teamster can have an IQ higher than a rock. I would ask, however, that you keep your negative comments in check. When us hourlies get up there in age and enter Danish psychologist Erik Erikson's eighth and final stage of psychosocial development we might reflect on all of this negativity and enter the phase of despair and bitterness instead of ego integrity and wisdom.

raceanoncr

I would have a lot of time on my hands if I were a career part time employee too.

Oooh...very observant! Yes, I have put in many p/t hours. Yes, I DO have a lot of time on my hands.

Ya know, and not to be slagging here, but the best thing you could do right now is go back and re-register under a different user name and come back as a human. Then some of your posts might be believed or even respected. Until then...well...just keep trying me. Oh, and THREATENING me also! That always works.

raceanoncr

Look at the bright side:
With 0 rep points, Socks can not hurt your rep points.
His rep has no impact.

Didn't know that, Hoax. But whatever he/she does, good or bad, it don't matter to me. It's just funny he/she can dish it out but can't take it.
Tanx.

8up

A few weeks back, an on-road supervisor who happened to be on vacation, asked me to redeliver a ni1 nda package. Now if I, would have said no, could that have come under not working as directed?

The question is, does a manager have supervisor authority over an employee at all times?

whoa! has this gotten outta hand or what?
ups1990's 1st sentence states that the supervisor "asked" not "instructed". had it been me, i would have answered the question as to whether it would be feasible or not to make another attempt. at that point it wouldn't matter if it was mgmt or a customer, if i can make it happen, i usually do.

the second question can be quite complex depending on numerous variables. if i were doing something unsafe i would suspect that any instructions had better be followed.
if a mgmt person was instructing me do to something unsafe, i probably would be on the horn to my boss.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Can a supervisor, manage while off duty?

I am still waiting to meet one that can manage while on the clock! None of them in my center!

D

Dis-organized Labor

I must admit you are pretty clever. You sound very intelligent. Changing what I type and then commenting on it is something my grandkids do. I would have a lot of time on my hands if I were a career part time employee too.

Do you have them stand on a desk so you can check their socks?

UPSSOCKS

Who cares about rep points? Do i get prize for having an abundance of them? I am just here to remind all you steelworkers that I am the boss. If I wanted to I would instruct you all to bow down to your superior. If you failed to do so, I would fire you for gross insubordination. It's ok for every rude comment I get from you rental workers, I instruct a management person to do 15 minutes of Union Work. So keep them coming I need more motivation.