Can the Union Force Local 89?

Stonefish

Ok, I'll play along (even though I don't dislike you).

Eliminate Local 407 and Local 100 from the election, then what happens to the Ohio Rider?

This is what happens when you compare apples and oranges, you become color blind.

That didn't happen so it isn't a hypothetical

Stonefish

I don't know anyone who's getting "teary".
As for researching the facts....show us a credible source. After the new 4 yr progression, the mmi language proposed, safety, service and methods added to art 17 and a few other first round lead balloon language changes and dropping our healthcare to the base C6 plan we don't trust one of these weasels and the BAs that told us it was the "best ever" contract.....throw them on the pile too.
Credibility was a scarce commodity from 07/14 to date.

Already tried to explain it go back and look. If you didn't understand it then you won't now

Stonefish

Listen boy, you don't have a clue. I suppose if I would believe like you do they would have given me an extra $5.00 an hr after we ratified the TA too because we have a lot of members.

I bet your local loves all the lobotomies they produce.

That last sentence was a great one wow. Did you look it up? Should have read it

Irishman Collins

Stonefish, yes it is their second vote. A misprint you are correct. You see I can admit when I make a mistake but when you do it's everyone elses fault.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I'm taking a dump posting and laughing. Who's the mad one? I'm the happy lol one. You guys are the one that won't let it die because you're all sore losers. Welcome to teamcare

Satuirus2000

I'm from Local 89 so let me again explain the shuttle issues. Yes, people knew about having to ride the shuttle when first hired. But you are told that it will only take around 10 minutes or so to get from the gate to your building. That's just not accurate and it can actually take you up to 30 minutes. People think they'll get around 25 hours or so when they sign up to work so maybe they didn't think it was a big deal at the time, but then reality sets in. When you only work 3 hours or so, you can't really afford to be wasting up to an hour a day in unpaid time. People have second jobs and school that they need to attend to to make ends meet etc.

Second, as I've mentioned in the past, Worldport keeps expanding, which is great, but that also greatly increases the time it takes to get to your particular building the farther out it is into the hub. For some a ride might used to take them 10 minutes in the past, but that isn't the case now. And finally, our parking lot is being closed and being moved even FARTHER away from our hub across the freeway. So in the future we will have to park in the new lot, take a bus that will take us across the freeway to the guard shack, then take ANOTHER bus to get to our area. If it takes 20-30 minutes now, I shudder to think what it will be in the future.

UPS offered us the shuttle incentive because they knew it'd be cheaper to pay us that than to pay us some kind of hourly compensation and that's why it was rejected by us. That tells me they know the shuttle problem is ridiculous and they need to compensate us somehow. But now they've even taken that out of their "best and final offer," which seems disingenuous.

And it's not just the shuttle issue that's a problem here. It takes nearly 17 years just to even attempt to be full time at UPS Local 89. There are 8000 employes here but only 750 full time positions. Subcontracting issues, etc etc. I don't know why people seem to only want to focus on one issue that we have instead of looking at them all as a whole. I wish we had other people's support but I guess we'll just do our best alone .We probably will get very little or nothing at all, but I'm glad we are at least trying. I don't think our wants are unreasonable.

Last edited:

10 point

You are completely inept. We had at least 60% of our local in the company plan. Do you smoke drugs??????
The part timers ... who are young sheep following blindly. Don't forget the mgmnt who are in a different co plan. How many co plans are there Einstein? You don't have a clue.

10 point

Mad? Mad at what? I won and your in teamcare. You joined a site because you didn't want to be in teamcare and your telling me I'm mad?? Lol. I was eating lots of unhealthy steak last week in celebration. Welcome to teamcare brother.
You're a legend in your own mind.
My garbage man makes over $100,000 yearly and he can converse on a normal level.
If your beloved TeamCare starts costing my family more for the same services over my old plan yeah, I'll blame your ignorance. Time will tell. You've already shown your arrogance on here for months. Son.

10 point

I'm from Local 89 so let me again explain the shuttle issues. Yes, people knew about having to ride the shuttle when first hired. But you are told that it will only take around 10 minutes or so to get from the gate to your building. That's just not accurate and it can actually take you up to 30 minutes. People think they'll get around 25 hours or so when they sign up to work so maybe they didn't think it was a big deal at the time, but then reality sets in. When you only work 3 hours or so, you can't really afford to be wasting up to an hour a day in unpaid time. People have second jobs and school that they need to attend to to make ends meet etc.

Second, as I've mentioned in the past, Worldport keeps expanding, which is great, but that also greatly increases the time it takes to get to your particular building the farther out it is into the hub. For some a ride might used to take them 10 minutes in the past, but that isn't the case now. And finally, our parking lot is being closed and being moved even FARTHER away from our hub across the freeway. So in the future we will have to park in the new lot, take a bus that will take us across the freeway to the guard shack, then take ANOTHER bus to get to our area. If it takes 20-30 minutes now, I shudder to think what it will be in the future.

UPS offered us the shuttle incentive because they knew it'd be cheaper to pay us that than to pay us some kind of hourly compensation and that's why it was rejected by us. That tells me they know the shuttle problem is ridiculous and they need to compensate us somehow. But now they've even taken that out of their "best and final offer," which seems disingenuous.

And it's not just the shuttle issue that's a problem here. It takes nearly 17 years just to even attempt to be full time at UPS Local 89. There are 8000 employes here but only 750 full time positions. Subcontracting issues, etc etc. I don't know why people seem to only want to focus on one issue that we have instead of looking at them all as a whole. I wish we had other people's support but I guess we'll just do our best alone .We probably will get very little or nothing at all, but I'm glad we are at least trying. I don't think our wants are unreasonable.
Don't worry about the 407 clowns. They only care about themselves.

MANY stand with you from Ohio and appreciate Fred's face off with the paid off losers at the International. We've been to worldport and seen the volume and traffic you all process. We appreciate folks that will work for meager wages and we deplore the new language that screws pt time employees out of ft jobs.
Not everyone's like the 407 heroes. Fight it until it's over. We get it.

10 point

Just wondering:
Where's all the trash talk against L710?

Evidently, their people aren't in a position to challenge Hoffa's next pick for GP?

Why don't you 407 boys run your mouths against their stance and tell them they're uneducated too?

Hopefully, the Cleveland area will break off from Ohio and float up and stick on to Michigan so they can enjoy your company and wisdom.