climate catastrophe

rickyb

Again, who cares what scientist agree on that never got anything done or proves scientific theory at all.
Almost every worthwhile scientific advancement happened because someone disagreed with consensus

take the Wright brothers for example they disagreed with scientific consensus about flight and they were right.
hows the weather where you live?

last year was a disaster across my whole country for forest fires

Thebrownblob

hows the weather where you live?

last year was a disaster across my whole country for forest fires
The weather is what it always is where I’m at. changing constantly. my brief lifetime in relation to the Earth lifetime is not really an a way to measure something like that.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
So we know the climate has been changing since the dinosaurs and it has even been hotter than now in the past, but for some reason we have to get concerned about what has been happening since the earth was formed. Now why would we be so concerned about what has always happened? Why is the solution always more money and power for the government while costing the peasants money and having less freedom. Follow the money and power and you might understand why the governments are so concerned about what has always happened since the beginning of time.

rickyb

Let me ask you, how in 1850 did people in Ottawa know when and where forest fires were occurring in very lightly settled areas further north?
1713841949156.png

vantexan

View attachment 481007
But you're saying Canada is having record fires. There was no way to know back in 1850 or whenever back then how many fires and how extensive they were because most of the country was uninhabited and they didn't have modern observation capabilities.

rickyb

But you're saying Canada is having record fires. There was no way to know back in 1850 or whenever back then how many fires and how extensive they were because most of the country was uninhabited and they didn't have modern observation capabilities.
can you read?

so yes youre right they dont have records going back to 1850

1713879584507.png

and i think its good you mentioned around 1850 because thats likely when industrialization took off and the planet began warming.

vantexan

can you read?

View attachment 481039

and i think its good you mentioned around 1850 because thats likely when industrialization took off and the planet began warming.
They weren't measuring an increase in global temps a hundred years ago that I'm aware of. Just be aware that when they say it's record this or that it refers only to the time period they kept records for. To say right now is the most fires ever or the hottest ever can't be accurately proven.

can you read?

View attachment 481039

I'd bet it started warming around 10,000 years ago, at the end of the last glacial period...but that's just my bet.

rickyb

They weren't measuring an increase in global temps a hundred years ago that I'm aware of. Just be aware that when they say it's record this or that it refers only to the time period they kept records for. To say right now is the most fires ever or the hottest ever can't be accurately proven.
they can do it for temp. im not so sure about fires.

tourists24

Could this be the reason for so many fires ?
A rolling freight train on fire.
Just spreading it's flames around ?
No,,,, it couldn't be that at all. It's definitely man made and if we only give the government enough money and control, then we will be able to fix global warming