commercial release

542thruNthru

TTKU

Would it fly in your center?

Wow that must have flew right over your head. Let me help you out. It was a joke. The point was you've now said that in two different threads. I can almost guarantee no one cares if it would fly in your Center.

Depending on the route I'm sure my center wouldn't care. As long as they were covered.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow that must have flew right over your head. Let me help you out. It was a joke. The point was you've now said that in two different threads. I can almost guaranteed no one cares if it would fly in your Center.

Depending on the route I'm sure my center wouldn't care. As long as they were covered.

...until the first DFU came in....

kingOFchester

I will continue to do the job the way I was trained.
Several things. One, I agree that it won't save much time. But UPS thinks otherwise.

There is DIAD training that explains the new procedure and the new update that allows the DR for commercial.

You will be instructed to follow the new training that you will be required to take.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Several things. One, I agree that it won't save much time. But UPS thinks otherwise.

There is DIAD training that explains the new procedure and the new update that allows the DR for commercial.

You will be instructed to follow the new training that you will be required to take.

"Allows" does not mean "required".

I can imagine telling Theresa @ Walmart that she doesn't have to sign for her stuff anymore.

kingOFchester

"Allows" does not mean "required".

I can imagine telling Theresa @ Walmart that she doesn't have to sign for her stuff anymore.

We are directed to do it. We have HAVE to be 85% compliant.

I can imagine telling manager @ ups that I am not compliant because Theresa at Walmart wants to sign the DIAD. In my bubble, that wouldn't fly.

Oh, wait, I forgot I was talking to you. Carry on....

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
85% of your commercial stops you hand the package(s) to the receiver, say "thank you" and on to the next?
It's really so true. Couple of my buddy's drive in the city. They now are REQUIRED to DR commercial, except for signature required, banks, usps, and a couple other things. Funny thing, their resis are generally no DR allowed, so completely aszz backwards there.

kingOFchester

I believe there will be an option in the future for receivers to pay for the option to sign for their packages. That is just hear say at this point.