Company and teamsters have a tenative agreement taking over Central States ?

705red

Browncafe Steward
I find it interesting that the only people that think we should stay in Central States, are the people who aren't in it themselves... :wink:
Guy i dont care if you stay or go into a single employer fund. My only concern is that you make the move without looking into all the details! The whole national agreement could go and i would be more than happy to stay in my multi-emlployer fund. Just take the time to make an informed decision on your retirement!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red,

I can't seem to find out anything about those plans except what tdu posted and we know that tdu is not a credible source. l77 seems to be a multi employer plan since I found a listing that shows they not only represent ups but also various warehousemen for other companies.

804 should be an easy answer since we have 804 posting here. 804 is careys old union isn't it? kind of odd that he would set up a private plan at the local level and yet fight private plans at the national level.

Now if you listen to anyone else except jon who thinks CS is a healthy plan then you would agree there is some fear cs would fold. Bad news is if it does the recipients get about 10 k a year from the insurance company. If the plans you mention are private and do fold then those recipients get 40 k a year from the same insurance plan.

Kinda seals that issue don't it. Though its fun watching tdu post their directions to you guys and then watching you start spouting it like gospel.

perhaps jon can do a comparison of those two plans to the one he is stuck with and tell us who is doing better....I'll be looking for your anonymous post in a day or two there jonny boy...roflmao...

Tie why is it wrong to want these people that are effected by cs to do some research and make a decision after looking ibto it for themselves? You seem like you want these guys to just except the deal without being informed? I sure hope im wrong about you in this instance. Especially if you really mean that you care about their future. Im not for staying or going from the cs plan because it doesnt directly effect me. What i would hate to see is everyone jumping ship for the same bad off fund.

tieguy

Banned
Tie why is it wrong to want these people that are effected by cs to do some research and make a decision after looking ibto it for themselves?

nothing wrong with that at all. thats what I'm pushing.

You seem like you want these guys to just except the deal without being informed?

Red there is no deal for me to push. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel you and Jon are pushing them to hold the line and stay with CS before they really see what is on the table.

I sure hope im wrong about you in this instance. Especially if you really mean that you care about their future.

I think we all need to have an open mind. Which may mean that you kind of have to let go of the company is here to steal your pension plan dialogue. Until there is a deal I can sell the open mind concept. At that point I think I have to back out of the discussion for obvious reasons.

Im not for staying or going from the cs plan because it doesnt directly effect me. What i would hate to see is everyone jumping ship for the same bad off fund.

Many hard questions will still have to be asked and answered if the time comes that UPS offers another plan to replace CS. Its also clear that the teamsters are not going to agree to a plan that leaves the frieght guys hanging.

What I think hurts the discussion is throwing up 177 and 804's pension problems without a fair and objective representation. Even jon who claims to be objective is very biased in his presentation. If for instance 177's is a private plan (which we don't know for sure) then their insurer would require they take the steps of cutting benifits until the plan is 90 percent funded again. So in that case its a misrepresentation of the facts to try to make it sound like the management trustees are trying to pull a fast one. Yet both you and Jon took the one tdu post as gospel and sold that message.

As I said before we need to stop muddying the waters and present the facts as they are. If these plans are failing then why are they. They used to be two of the highest paying plans around. Did they come into trouble because they paid out too much or did something else happen to cause them problems. If you can't answer those questions objectively then throwing some of the info out there appears to be a clear effort to misrepresent the information to steer the posters here away from the concept of privitization. Privitization is one of many possible options that needs to be discussed objectively.

I thought it was pretty much a known fact that there are not enough employers paying into CS yet we are still arguing that fact. I thought it was pretty much a known fact that CS is in trouble yet we have poster here who represents himself as a pension subject matter expert who tries to tell us CS is rebounding to good health.

Too much misinformation here.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Tie why is it wrong to want these people that are effected by cs to do some research and make a decision after looking ibto it for themselves?

nothing wrong with that at all. thats what I'm pushing.

You seem like you want these guys to just except the deal without being informed?

Red there is no deal for me to push. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel you and Jon are pushing them to hold the line and stay with CS before they really see what is on the table.

I sure hope im wrong about you in this instance. Especially if you really mean that you care about their future.

I think we all need to have an open mind. Which may mean that you kind of have to let go of the company is here to steal your pension plan dialogue. Until there is a deal I can sell the open mind concept. At that point I think I have to back out of the discussion for obvious reasons.

Im not for staying or going from the cs plan because it doesnt directly effect me. What i would hate to see is everyone jumping ship for the same bad off fund.

Many hard questions will still have to be asked and answered if the time comes that UPS offers another plan to replace CS. Its also clear that the teamsters are not going to agree to a plan that leaves the frieght guys hanging.

What I think hurts the discussion is throwing up 177 and 804's pension problems without a fair and objective representation. Even jon who claims to be objective is very biased in his presentation. If for instance 177's is a private plan (which we don't know for sure) then their insurer would require they take the steps of cutting benifits until the plan is 90 percent funded again. So in that case its a misrepresentation of the facts to try to make it sound like the management trustees are trying to pull a fast one. Yet both you and Jon took the one tdu post as gospel and sold that message.

As I said before we need to stop muddying the waters and present the facts as they are. If these plans are failing then why are they. They used to be two of the highest paying plans around. Did they come into trouble because they paid out too much or did something else happen to cause them problems. If you can't answer those questions objectively then throwing some of the info out there appears to be a clear effort to misrepresent the information to steer the posters here away from the concept of privitization. Privitization is one of many possible options that needs to be discussed objectively.

I thought it was pretty much a known fact that there are not enough employers paying into CS yet we are still arguing that fact. I thought it was pretty much a known fact that CS is in trouble yet we have poster here who represents himself as a pension subject matter expert who tries to tell us CS is rebounding to good health.

Too much misinformation here.
Tie the last thing i want is for people to think that i believe cs is the only option. I really only want everyone to take the time for themselves to look into all of the options and understand what they are getting. Maybe i have come across a little one-sided on this topic, but i have no ill will against anyone here or any of their beliefs, just take the time to get informed!

grouperman

hi all,lets start by saying every ups driver from up north is either lying,or they are getting a lot more then we will get from cs.391 has a big strikefund.yaaaaaa hoooo like that will do any thing for us.yellow will get the first bite of the apple from cs.i have three years left,i would love to 30 and out full ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

JonFrum

I find it interesting that the only people that think we should stay in Central States, are the people who aren't in it themselves... :wink:

GuyinBrown,
You don't say who you are talking about, but, for the record, I have never said you should stay in Central States. I have just tried to provide accurate information, and refute the inaccurate information posted by some others.

Remember, some Central Staters are proposing Major Changes for ALL UPSers Nationwide, based almost exclusively on their Central States situation. That got the attention of the rest of us. They are drafting us all into their efforts, regardless of our views on the issues at stake.

I hope you and everyone else on Browncafe understands that when Tieguy puts words in my mouth, that is Tieguy's words, not mine. Review everything I have ever posted; you won't find a single place where I say you should stay in Central States.

But note that I have pointed out that your contributions will likely stay in Central States, and so you will be a lifelong member of Central States, and hopefully a retiree of Central States someday. It's in your best interest to hope for the best with Central States since a portion of your retirement will probably be coming from there even if UPS withdraws.
- - - - -
I have never said Central States is healthy, or a good deal, or free of corruption, or well managed or anything like that. But if someone like Engineer79 reports unjustifiably bad financial figures, I will point out that the correct figures are somewhat better, because they are. If a student got a "D" on a test, and someone said he got an "friend" and was flunking out, I would correct them and say he got a "D". I can't help it if Tieguy butts in and claims that I said he got a "B+".

Caution All: Be prepared for a series of partial quotes of mine, taken out of context. Tieguy has been quite hyperactive lately.

wkmac

I've always found that very interesting myself. Over the last several years since the 2004' changes to CS, the strongest advocates here against any other option but staying put have been from non-CS covered folks. I think most of that is just driven by the ole' conspiratorial fear factor of UPS taking over the world and then slamming us all in cages to only be let out to deliver their packages and then locked back up afterwards.

What I also find ironic is the fact that only UPS and CS have reach an agreement and I'm sure that boils down mostly to what the final withdrawal fee will be. All the other details have yet to be worked out as to the specifics of just what and how a UPS/IBT fund would be setup and adminstered. We are way ahead of the curve of where reality is at and it's true many of us here are jumping the gun so to speak but as one who is in CS, it more a reaction of hope. We know with CS what we have and the future is shakey at best with it.

So far, UPS has made a very open ended promise that their plan would at least return us to the pre-2004' CS levels "BUT" what are all the conditions to get there?

Will we lose the option week to pay for this as rumors have hinted?
Will we get a reduced payraise?
Money doesn't grow on trees, Brown ones neither, and something in the end has to pay for all of this. Some form of payreduction or you'll do more work than you are now to add the dollars to the coffiers to pay for it.
Will there be a "any age and out" or will we have a minimum age requirement to retire?
UPS management to my understanding has to work until 55 to get medical so I would think we'll see that as well and we might even still have a min. age of 57 so don't assume anything.
Will there be retire work rules?
This one is huge with me BTW as I can take a lot of other things. I'm not convinced at this point that this rule is not something the IBT wanted more than CS but UPS' current plans have no such rule and here is the IBT's chance to shut me up on this once and for I and for my sake as well as others, I hope they do so bigtime!

Here's a biggee. Will this new plan grant credit for my 26 FT years already completed or will I get a check from CS for the 26 and then a check from UPS for the rest? That was a huge question back in 97' that no one had the answer for and I've not seen the hard facts on that one either. Even APWA can't grant back credit in it's pension plans.

I'm sure there are tons of other questions we could add to this list and the bottomline answers may make this a good deal and then again it may not. We should not assume anything right now! For years we assumed about CS and look where that got us.

I'm delighted that this issue after 10 years wasted is finally being discussed and looked at only because the IBT has a fudicary responsibility IMO to see to our best interests and go the best route possible for us. Hoffa is facing a huge crossroads in that he may be the one who oversees a massive move of union power (and make no mistake, this is) away from the IBT and at best a divided power between the IBT and UPS as it relates to UPS employees within that jurisdiction.

It doesn't mean in the end they will nor does it mean we should accept anything in the form of a blank promise especially from UPS. What we may face in a major decision ahead of us is going to be very important and it's also important to put emotions aside and really think and ask the hard questions of both sides. This time we have to hold some feet to the fire because this is likely our one shot to get this right. Very fine details and reading all the fine print will be oh so important.

In a perfect world, give me a lumpsum payoff to roll into my 401k and then take the same amount going to CS and roll that into my 401k but we don't live in perfect worlds. Assume nothing from either side and make both sides proves all points and it's got to be clear in writting. Period!

I didn't name any names or quote anyone on purpose. I'm not sure anyone has said outright "You should stay in Central States" but it has been how shall I say... strongly implied.... by several people who do not belong to CS. As far as proposing major changes for the rest of you, I apparently missed that post so I can't respond to that. If you're talking about all UPSers having to take a smaller raise in order to allow us out of CS, I can't see why they wouldn't just take it from those in the CS plan. The whole idea is to save them money in the long run and I would think that getting out of CS would eventually allow them to recoup everything they paid to withdraw, as well as saving them money beyond that point. I'd gladly take a smaller raise or give up my first year's raise altogether in order to get out of CS. That's how much I hate it.

If you're happy with your plan, God bless you and I wish you nothing but luck. Unfortunately, here in Central States, life sucks. The pension sucks, the medical sucks and as a matter of fact, I heard a rumor that it's sucking vortex is so powerful, it's spawning tornadoes across the midwest as we speak. I am well aware that half of my pension will forever belong to CS so I certainly hope it rights the ship and sails off into a happy little sunset, but right now it looks like the Titanic and the icebergs are on the horizon. I want out. We all do. All we want is an opportunity to salvage a PORTION of our pension before it's too late. With a little luck, a different pension will do well enough that I'll only have to work at McDonalds part-time when I retire.....

tieguy

Banned
GuyinBrown,
You don't say who you are talking about, but, for the record, I have never said you should stay in Central States. I have just tried to provide accurate information, and refute the inaccurate information posted by some others.

With your own special little twist to it all.

Remember, some Central Staters are proposing Major Changes for ALL UPSers Nationwide, based almost exclusively on their Central States situation. That got the attention of the rest of us. They are drafting us all into their efforts, regardless of our views on the issues at stake.

From what I read of their posts they also pointed out that there were other plans that were also in trouble.

I hope you and everyone else on Browncafe understands that when Tieguy puts words in my mouth, that is Tieguy's words, not mine. Review everything I have ever posted; you won't find a single place where I say you should stay in Central States.

Tieguy took your words that you posted and responded to them. You then try to deny you said it. You gotten away with a lot of outrageous innuendo cleverly twisted to make a certain argument without coming out and saying what you mean. You then try to deny that you said it.

- - - - -
I have never said Central States is healthy, or a good deal, or free of corruption, or well managed or anything like that. But if someone like Engineer79 reports unjustifiably bad financial figures, I will point out that the correct figures are somewhat better, because they are. If a student got a "D" on a test, and someone said he got an "friend" and was flunking out, I would correct them and say he got a "D". I can't help it if Tieguy butts in and claims that I said he got a "B+".

You deliberately made the point that net assets were improving with CS and communicated that the plan was recovering. The implication was there loud and clear. i don't have to claim anything you did it for me. Not my fault you in your arrogance underestimated the understanding of this board. Your message of a recovering CS plan was there loud and clear.

Caution All: Be prepared for a series of partial quotes of mine, taken out of context. Tieguy has been quite hyperactive lately.

Caution all be prepared for a response from Jon delivered late anonymously denying he said anything that he is challenged on.
Don't be a coward now Jon. you said it so stand behind it. Nice moon walk bud.

jware

Bravo Tieguy. Im So Tired Of These Premadonas That Cant See The Facts. "sc" Is Done Im A 13 Year Employee At Ups With 8 Years Full Time Seniority. Ive Got Another 25 Years Till Retirement, Thats When Ill Turn 65. Red Always See Ups As The Boogieman, Im Not Saying Thier The End-all,but I Make Around $75 Grand A Year Because Of The Boogieman. How Can Anyone With Any Kind Of Intelengence, Not See Why Ups Is Tired Of Paying Roughly $.60 On The Dollar Of Contributions They Make Going To Someone Else Other Than An Ups Employee? red Hold On To The Past. I For One Am Ready To Vote For This New Pension Plan. It May Not End Up Being The Greatest, However Its Better Than Whats Out Ther Now. I For One Am Not Willing To Bet My Future On A Failed Plan, Especially A Plan That Make Me And Every Other Curent Employee Make All The Sacrafices, While Those That Are Retired Keep Getting Full Benefits.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Bravo Tieguy. Im So Tired Of These Premadonas That Cant See The Facts. "sc" Is Done Im A 13 Year Employee At Ups With 8 Years Full Time Seniority. Ive Got Another 25 Years Till Retirement, Thats When Ill Turn 65. Red Always See Ups As The Boogieman, Im Not Saying Thier The End-all,but I Make Around $75 Grand A Year Because Of The Boogieman. How Can Anyone With Any Kind Of Intelengence, Not See Why Ups Is Tired Of Paying Roughly $.60 On The Dollar Of Contributions They Make Going To Someone Else Other Than An Ups Employee? red Hold On To The Past. I For One Am Ready To Vote For This New Pension Plan. It May Not End Up Being The Greatest, However Its Better Than Whats Out Ther Now. I For One Am Not Willing To Bet My Future On A Failed Plan, Especially A Plan That Make Me And Every Other Curent Employee Make All The Sacrafices, While Those That Are Retired Keep Getting Full Benefits.

You stated you will be voting for the new offer on the table. How can you say that without even viewing and really investigating the offer? I have no problem giving up pay increases to help anyone of our plans if it allows you to retire. What i do have a problem with is you not taking the time to do some investagating before making your decision. We might not all be in the cs plan but we will all feel it at contract time to help those in the plan! Take the time and research!

jware

YOU ACT AS IF I HAVEN'T RESEARCHED THE FACTS. FACT CENTRAL STATES IS UNDER FUNDED AND HAS BEEN FOE AT LEAST 4 YEARS. FACT MONEY HAS BEEN DEVERTED FROM HEALTH CARE TO THE PENSION FUND FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS. fACT UPS PAYS MORE THAN HALF THE MONEY THEY CONTRIBUTE TO THE FUND FOR PEOPLE THAT DON'T WORK FOR UPS. FACT WHILE THOSE OF US THAT ARE STILL WORKING HAVE HAD TO BEAR THE BRUNT OF PENSION CUT , RETIREES HAVE ENJOYED THIER FULL RETIREMENT PACKAGE. FACT MORE PEOPLE ARE TAKING OUT OF THE PLAN THAN PUTTING IN. FACT IF THE GOVERNMENT TAKES OVER THE PLAN WHICH IS HIGHLY LIKELY YOUR PENSION WILL BE CUT IN HALF. SO DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT THE FACTS. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BACK-SIDE AND WHY DONT YOU LOOK AT THE FACTS.

sawdusttv

YOU ACT AS IF I HAVEN'T RESEARCHED THE FACTS. FACT CENTRAL STATES IS UNDER FUNDED AND HAS BEEN FOE AT LEAST 4 YEARS. FACT MONEY HAS BEEN DEVERTED FROM HEALTH CARE TO THE PENSION FUND FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS. fACT UPS PAYS MORE THAN HALF THE MONEY THEY CONTRIBUTE TO THE FUND FOR PEOPLE THAT DON'T WORK FOR UPS. FACT WHILE THOSE OF US THAT ARE STILL WORKING HAVE HAD TO BEAR THE BRUNT OF PENSION CUT , RETIREES HAVE ENJOYED THIER FULL RETIREMENT PACKAGE. FACT MORE PEOPLE ARE TAKING OUT OF THE PLAN THAN PUTTING IN. FACT IF THE GOVERNMENT TAKES OVER THE PLAN WHICH IS HIGHLY LIKELY YOUR PENSION WILL BE CUT IN HALF. SO DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT THE FACTS. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BACK-SIDE AND WHY DONT YOU LOOK AT THE FACTS.

Well said JWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup1:

Cole

Fact 705 is not in CS, so it wont effect his pension. I am saying little until I see the specifics.

jware

So Tell Me, Why Is Red So Against Those Of Us That are In "cs" Wanting To Get Out? Im All About Looking Out For Those That Came Before Us, But Seriously, All You Haft To Do Is Have A Pulse To See That The Curent Plan Has Failed, And Realistically, Has No Chance Of Being Succesfull. Just Look At The "uaw" And Whats Happening To Them. They Tried To Hold On To The Past For To Long. Times Change, And Those That Are Ready And Have The Vision To Change With The Times When Necessary Are The Ones That Will Come Out Ahead In The Long Run. Im A Union Man 100%, A Third Generation Union Man, However, Im Not Going To Buy Into The Scare Tactics That Red And Others Like Him Deliver. Im A Husband And A Father First! And My Wife And Daughters Depend On Me And My Retirement.

705red

Browncafe Steward

Bravo you know about the cs plan! Heres 1 fact that you left out! You do not know what the benefits of this new plan will be, it should be better( we hope) but it could be similar or worse, the point is you have no idea and you have already made up your mind! I think its you that need to take your head out of your backside!

Cole

I keep having problems posting on this for some reason!

True we have nothing as far as actual specifics, and that's where the problem lies, and Red is correct imho in saying we have to research etc...because the details/specifics could mean little improvement etc...This whole thing is ridiculous as we work for a highly successfull Corporation that we have all helped build, and should not be punished as is the case at CS.

Should get real interesting soon though!

Cezanne

Can I say that most of are under the assumption that the balance of power in this contract is with UPS in regards with the Central States withdraw liability. Try answering the question of why UPS and other corporations are willing to pay billions to leave? The provisions of the new pension reform bill officially kicks in on January 2008, with it comes some stiff monetary pentalties for any benefit plan that falls under the so called Red-Line provision. Also that there is a time frame for these benefit plans to reach a sufficent vested percentage. You see monetary contributions will not be a negotiated item, it will be a federal mandate and it will make our current contributions look like peanuts.

wkmac

Bravo you know about the cs plan! Heres 1 fact that you left out! You do not know what the benefits of this new plan will be, it should be better( we hope) but it could be similar or worse, the point is you have no idea and you have already made up your mind! I think its you that need to take your head out of your backside!

Yes and no Red. The company has already said that there plan will return to the same levels as we had before the Nov. 04' cuts. Now the devil is in the details so your concerns are well founded and "EVERYONE" should take a wait and see approach.

I think for now a lot of folks covered by CS have spent the last 3 years not only upset that the whole situation let them down but moreso concerned that it could get worse. Now some new pension plan doesn't mean we go back to sleep because what we have to remember is that there were 3 parties involved in the CS disaster, CS obviously but also the IBT and UPS and now These latter 2 want to be in total charge and exclude CS. I know there'll be great debate about UPS' specific involvement and that's fair but the fact is that in contract talks a lot of details are covered that aren't publically mentioned.

Over the years since the 97' strike I've spoken with lots of UPS management folks who've voiced concerns over the pension situation based on info circulated by the company. Some was posturing, granted but some was rather accurate over time and where did this info come from? Again, they see things we don't and just what does that say about our union leadership?

Some folks look at the 97' efforts of UPS regarding the pension from a conspiratorial viewpoint and with evil intent. This is easy to do when you have a good pension fund and I too would oppose at this point any efforts by UPS to do anything with those good performing funds.

I think we've way over esculated this situation right now as UPS even on UPSer's.com have said that there is no agreement even with CS. I think they have an understanding where everything needs to go but this still requires considerable talks with the IBT to work out "ALL" the details involved to make this happen "IF" it happens. At best I think this issue is up to bat but a longway from putting our feet on home plate.

I'd encourage everyone covered by CS to sit back and let things develop and then go over it multiple time with a magnifying glass looking at the fine print. Accept nothing from either side and make them prove everything. This is our one and only shot folks so we can't accept people's word and go on that. Those days of pure trust are over with IMO.

As to those outside CS, point out "KNOWN" flaws, that should be appreciated by the CSers but don't come here looking to feather your own bed at our expense. I've always been very vocal against any move or measure that would take benefits or other monies away from other non-CSers (UPS or not) for that fact to benefit me in CS so don't stand there when I'm looking and considering all options to make my life better.

For the APWAer's. Go away! You are just as bad IMHO at muddying up the waters as the hardcore IBT union thugs. You both have motives that have nothing to do with helping but rather hurting what lay ahead for the CS covered UPSer. Instead of spending your time telling me all that is wrong with CS and the IBT, and yes you can write a book on that, you'd be well served to focus on getting all the hard facts and selling what you have to offer. From the looks of the vote in KC you might be well served in doing that before you have your hat handed to you in Pittsburg.

To eveyone else, let this thing develop in the contract talks, call your local and express your concerns. Email the international. Call the international. One biggee with me is the overly excessive work rules for retirees. We've got a chance right now to kill that nonsense so to quote Larry the Cable Guy let's, "Git Er' Done!"

sawdusttv

Yes and no Red. The company has already said that there plan will return to the same levels as we had before the Nov. 04' cuts. Now the devil is in the details so your concerns are well founded and "EVERYONE" should take a wait and see approach.

I think for now a lot of folks covered by CS have spent the last 3 years not only upset that the whole situation let them down but moreso concerned that it could get worse. Now some new pension plan doesn't mean we go back to sleep because what we have to remember is that there were 3 parties involved in the CS disaster, CS obviously but also the IBT and UPS and now These latter 2 want to be in total charge and exclude CS. I know there'll be great debate about UPS' specific involvement and that's fair but the fact is that in contract talks a lot of details are covered that aren't publically mentioned.

Over the years since the 97' strike I've spoken with lots of UPS management folks who've voiced concerns over the pension situation based on info circulated by the company. Some was posturing, granted but some was rather accurate over time and where did this info come from? Again, they see things we don't and just what does that say about our union leadership?

Some folks look at the 97' efforts of UPS regarding the pension from a conspiratorial viewpoint and with evil intent. This is easy to do when you have a good pension fund and I too would oppose at this point any efforts by UPS to do anything with those good performing funds.

I think we've way over esculated this situation right now as UPS even on UPSer's.com have said that there is no agreement even with CS. I think they have an understanding where everything needs to go but this still requires considerable talks with the IBT to work out "ALL" the details involved to make this happen "IF" it happens. At best I think this issue is up to bat but a longway from putting our feet on home plate.

I'd encourage everyone covered by CS to sit back and let things develop and then go over it multiple time with a magnifying glass looking at the fine print. Accept nothing from either side and make them prove everything. This is our one and only shot folks so we can't accept people's word and go on that. Those days of pure trust are over with IMO.

As to those outside CS, point out "KNOWN" flaws, that should be appreciated by the CSers but don't come here looking to feather your own bed at our expense. I've always been very vocal against any move or measure that would take benefits or other monies away from other non-CSers (UPS or not) for that fact to benefit me in CS so don't stand there when I'm looking and considering all options to make my life better.

For the APWAer's. Go away! You are just as bad IMHO at muddying up the waters as the hardcore IBT union thugs. You both have motives that have nothing to do with helping but rather hurting what lay ahead for the CS covered UPSer. Instead of spending your time telling me all that is wrong with CS and the IBT, and yes you can write a book on that, you'd be well served to focus on getting all the hard facts and selling what you have to offer. From the looks of the vote in KC you might be well served in doing that before you have your hat handed to you in Pittsburg.

To eveyone else, let this thing develop in the contract talks, call your local and express your concerns. Email the international. Call the international. One biggee with me is the overly excessive work rules for retirees. We've got a chance right now to kill that nonsense so to quote Larry the Cable Guy let's, "Git Er' Done!"

One thing that you keep overlooking is that it is not only the CS people and the people in healthy plan. CS is only one of the retirement plans that is in trouble. Grant it, CS is the biggest, but in no way are they the only. At this point I would guess that there are more people in bad pension plans than there are in good one. So this is not a battle only concerning UPS, the IBT, and CS. It involves a much larger spectrum of people, and many retirement plans.