Couple questions for delivery drivers

dman99

Well for starters, an average day for me was 9.5 sometimes 10..thats was when UPS starting cutting(level) work on to area drivers. I got hired..and 90 days I had senority..back in the day. Better think twice about going full time Driving, if your a famly man(won't see much of your kids) and miss all their sports activies?..lots to think about.:peaceful:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I just don't see the point in going home an hour earlier. What am I going to accomplish in that hour? Absolutely nothing. Mite as well stay out an extra hour at almost 50 bux an hour. It aint going to change my day in the least. Still going to do what I do normally when I get home. And still aint hitting the sack until 1am every night. Plus you have to factor in me and my wife don't have any children at all by choice. Freedom is highly under rated lol. Im not one of them dudes whose going to cry like a lil girl if I don't get a certain number hours of sleep. One thing ive learned as ive gotten older you cant let things control your life.. Letting things control your life is a sign of mental weakness. Now people with kids on this job I totally understand as to why they would want to get home earlier. The way I look at it is make that big cheese while your young and stash it away for retirement.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I see it everyday guys missing out on their kids activities. I feel bad for them that's for sure. I tell these young guys if you have kids be prepared to never see your wife and kids.