Delivering to possible Identity Theft customer

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I get signatures at all apartments/commercial stops... I don't ask for ID unless the DIAD prompts me to .

I DARE you to get a signature from every stop... triple dog dare
I'm merely pointing out that these things can be at driver descretion.

I have a large desire to not be at UPS any longer then I have to.

However we do have three drivers who do not DR anything. None of them are in bad areas, all of them are over allowed by 1hr or more, all of them know their sups real well from all the ride they've gotten, none of them have been fired.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ask any on of my on cars

Are you unable to speak for yourself?

I'll ask you again----why in the world would you ask for an autograph when the consignee is standing right there in front of you?

"Thank you, sir/ma'am, have a nice day." Complete stop in DIAD as you walk away. 5 seconds.

"First initial, last name, please." Clarify signature, complete stop in DIAD as you walk away. 10-15 seconds.

200 residential stops. 10 seconds per stop. 2000 seconds. 33 minutes wasted getting unnecessary signatures.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Yeah...that training stated we could not DR at unsecured apartments. Didn't say a word about requiring an autograph.

Tit for tat, sir. The vast majority of apartments we deliver to are unsecured.

They do require a signature whether, you drop them at the precise apartment or use "left at" the apartment office.

If you can't DR a pkg, don't you require a signature?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Not if the consignee is standing right in front of you.

I deliver to both secured and unsecured apartments.

I have very few DDU's.

You're playing games against an established system with established guidelines.

That may work for you. It may find another UPSer in hot water. Semantics and common sense don't apply in our realm of control and to be completely honest, I'm disappointed that a driver 10 years, my senior hasn't figured that out yet.

Perhaps, you really do live in the BOG.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Please show me and the rest of us here where it states that you are required to get a signature when you make a delivery to either a secured or unsecured apartment complex.

I'll wait.

wayfair

swollen member
Please show me and the rest of us here where it states that you are required to get a signature when you make a delivery to either a secured or unsecured apartment complex.

I'll wait.

so while you're waiting for someone to answer the door to get a signature, why wouldn't you get the signature so you can tell your sup's that you weren't stealing time.

box_beeyotch

I DR all apartments except for the ones that pop as no DR allowed in the project's, and even then if the customer is ok with it and small enough to fit in the screen door, I leave it. Never heard a word or had a problem.

box_beeyotch

Are you unable to speak for yourself?

I'll ask you again----why in the world would you ask for an autograph when the consignee is standing right there in front of you?

"Thank you, sir/ma'am, have a nice day." Complete stop in DIAD as you walk away. 5 seconds.

"First initial, last name, please." Clarify signature, complete stop in DIAD as you walk away. 10-15 seconds.

200 residential stops. 10 seconds per stop. 2000 seconds. 33 minutes wasted getting unnecessary signatures.

OMG OMG it's the end of the world!! I wasted 33 min that I get paid time and a half for, how could I ever so something so terrible?!?!