Delivering to possible Identity Theft customer

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Please show me and the rest of us here where it states that you are required to get a signature when you make a delivery to either a secured or unsecured apartment complex.

I'll wait.

You know, Davey, one of these days that ice on which you are skating is going to get real thin. Once you fall through, are you going to be here asking how you can get your job back?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You know, Davey, one of these days that ice on which you are skating is going to get real thin. Once you fall through, are you going to be here asking how you can get your job back?

I am not at all concerned about job security as I am working well within the methods and am not trying to get away with anything.

The only requirement is that we not DR at unsecured apartment complexes. There is no requirement that we get a signature other than when the shipper requires one or if the package is electronics. DR MC Man. GPS will show that I was at the delivery point of the consignee claims non receipt.

Johney

I am not at all concerned about job security as I am working well within the methods and am not trying to get away with anything.

The only requirement is that we not DR at unsecured apartment complexes. There is no requirement that we get a signature other than when the shipper requires one or if the package is electronics. DR MC Man. GPS will show that I was at the delivery point of the consignee claims non receipt.
Am I missing something here?

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Ups only cares if it's Rx pills.
Have a guy who gets rx pills once a month..so being a nice guy gave him my cell nmbr to call and set up meet bc he wants them early...well a girl/lady started calling me telling me to come asap bc he really needed them...one day AFTER delivering my cell rang and it was her...she said " we opened the bottle and the seal was missing, so I poured them out and counted and it was 10 pills short, but the pkg wasn't opened" said she was gonna call the VA because it was their fault...I'm thinking u dumb b'#% obv stole some and now are gonna blame the VA BUT they will probably blame ME for it

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Whoops didn't see this thread was a year old

Actually, glad you refreshed it. Since I'm the OP, I'll followup on what happened.

I know the real names of the people that live there.
I chose the route of sheeting NSP on a package with a different name than the resident.
If it was a wrong decision, I would have been hit with customer concern after customer concern.
Not one thing happened !! Deliveries to this idiot have vanished.

I didn't confront them nor got the police involved.
The guy was smart enough not to go to the customer counter with a different ID a week.
If he had ever asked me about packages, I would have told him I have no idea what he's talking about, which would have scared him.
Problem solved !!!!

If this happens to you, just NSP the packages and let UPS figure it out.
If it was legit, you still will never get in trouble for having it looked up for verification.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm surprised UPS is delivering VA meds. I was under the impression that the USPS handles all their shipments.