Dennis the Menace Gets His!

MAKAVELI

Statute of limitations start when the state attorney files charges , not when the so called crimes were committed .
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0OE2DT20150529
Kelly Griffith, general counsel for the Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault, said that if any sex crimes were committed, it was unlikely a person could face charges for such crimes in Illinois from 1965 to 1981 because they would likely be viewed as expired offenses under a statute of limitations.

wkmac

Democrat Congressman told of Hastert's transgression 15 years ago.

Former Rep. Mel Watt, D-North Carolina, acknowledged this week that "someone" told him about Hastert's alleged abuse more than 15 years ago while he and Hastert were both members of Congress.

"Over 15 years ago I heard an unseemly rumor," Watt, who is now director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency, said in a statement given to CNN on Wednesday morning.

The Huffington Post reported Tuesday that "an intermediary for the family of the abuse victim" had told Watt about the alleged sexual abuse.

Now this raises the question if others were told and if members of Congress then engaged in building a "Wall of Silence" to protect their own and institution? Or did Watt keep silent in order to gain certain favors under a GOP controlled Congress with Hastert as speaker?

av8torntn

Democrat Congressman told of Hastert's transgression 15 years ago.

Now this raises the question if others were told and if members of Congress then engaged in building a "Wall of Silence" to protect their own and institution? Or did Watt keep silent in order to gain certain favors under a GOP controlled Congress with Hastert as speaker?

Or it could be something else. This guy would be admitting to conspiracy if he had phrased it a little differently.

wkmac

Or it could be something else. This guy would be admitting to conspiracy if he had phrased it a little differently.

That may be true but I have no dog in this fight so using definition #1 of anarchist, (as opposed to definition #2 of which I identify with) I can just hurl grenades and enjoy the body parts flying everywhere!

;)

moreluck

golden ticket member
QL1KCha.jpg

BrownArmy

More, I can only imagine your tune if this news was about Harry Reid instead of Hastert...

Why the rush to defend this guy? The facts aren't in, but something's rotten for sure...

moreluck

golden ticket member
More, I can only imagine your tune if this news was about Harry Reid instead of Hastert...

Why the rush to defend this guy? The facts aren't in, but something's rotten for sure...
Your idea of defense is different that mine.......He can swim with the fishes for all I care. I don't know how you read defense in that political pic.......just degrees of guiltiness!!

BrownArmy

Your idea of defense is different that mine.......He can swim with the fishes for all I care. I don't know how you read defense in that political pic.......just degrees of guiltiness!!

Sooo...just using Hastert's misfortune to take a pot-shot at Hillary?

Weird.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone who defends a pedophile has got a screw loose, imo.

Yes, they do. My take is that the resident whackos are just parroting what they've heard via Right Wing media. As in there are no "facts" that can be proven against Hastert etc. He knows he's going to jail.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Then why hasn't his lawyer come forth and read a prepared statement ?

Yet he isn't being charged for anything but money structuring and lying to the FBI .

He can't be charged for sexual abuse because the statute of limitations has expired. I've never said he'd be charged for being a pedophile, and the facts I cited are indeed facts. Please refute anything that I said. Like I said, he's going to jail. His influential friends and his legal team will try and minimize what he's done, but Denny is going to the Gray Bar Hotel. His legal team won't make a statement until they have to do so.