Dennis the Menace Gets His!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
He can't be charged for sexual abuse because the statute of limitations has expired. I've never said he'd be charged for being a pedophile, and the facts I cited are indeed facts. Please refute anything that I said. Like I said, he's going to jail. His influential friends and his legal team will try and minimize what he's done, but Denny is going to the Gray Bar Hotel. His legal team won't make a statement until they have to do so.
Why must he be going to jail ?
Given his age , mostly a suspended sentence or acquittal is the most likely outcome .

wkmac

If Hastert's victim died in 95' and the actions for which Hastert is charged became crimes and took place post 9/11, who was being paid off? This could get far more interesting as time goes by.

MAKAVELI

If Hastert's victim died in 95' and the actions for which Hastert is charged became crimes and took place post 9/11, who was being paid off? This could get far more interesting as time goes by.
That's one of his victims but not the one being paid off.

MAKAVELI

So far, at least what I've read, we only know of one victim. Do you know of others or just engaging in wishful speculating?
This is from the ABC article.

Sources knowledgeable of the case told ABC News Hastert was paying a man -- still unidentified except as “Individual A” -- hundreds of thousands of dollars to hide that Hastert had engaged in sexual misconduct with him while Hastert was the high school wrestling coach.

Jolene never asked for money from Hastert, but his sister believes that “Individual A” is familiar with what happened with her brother. She does not know who Individual A is, but she said she’s thankful that Hastert’s alleged misconduct is coming to light.

wkmac

This is from the ABC article.

Sources knowledgeable of the case told ABC News Hastert was paying a man -- still unidentified except as “Individual A” -- hundreds of thousands of dollars to hide that Hastert had engaged in sexual misconduct with him while Hastert was the high school wrestling coach.

Jolene never asked for money from Hastert, but his sister believes that “Individual A” is familiar with what happened with her brother. She does not know who Individual A is, but she said she’s thankful that Hastert’s alleged misconduct is coming to light.

Seems to me the keyword here is "him" or rather who is "him"?

Not to say there are no more victims, hard to think there are only one but BEING EVIDENCED BASED HERE, it appears at the moment we only have the identity and confirmation of one victim in the late Steve Reinboldt. And even this is an accusation and not a proven fact yet. However, we have seen this horse leave the barn before and know how it plays out so I understand assuming the worse here.

Yes, there seems to be someone known as "Individual A" getting money from Hastert and we know Reinboldt died in 95' but what is unclear to me is whether the blackmail was to protect the Reinboldt story, Individual A sez pay me and I stay silent or is "A" himself another victim? We don't actually know that now do we? We can't even identify who "A" even is now can we? And thus my comment on wishful speculation.

It stands a good chance IMO that where there is fire, there is a forest fire but we are at the moment FAR, FAR, FAR off in the distance looking on the horizon and seeing a single column of smoke. Should we jump to the conclusion it's a raging inferno or ask could it be the remains of a smoldering camp fire?

I'm no fan of Hastert either or the GOP and for the record I feel exactly the same of the democratic party and its henchmen/women but if you crucify Hastert on what later proves false assumptions rather than waiting to see what hard evidence emerges, are you not yourself becoming what you so often claim the republicans and folks like Hastert to be in assuming and prejudging others? My original reveling in this whole thing was the simple fact that Hastert and the majority of the herd in Congress set out a trap for others in which it appears now he himself got caught in. Had it been any other member of Congress who voted for the Patriot Act who did the same I would revel equally. In fact, I'd likely revel just on the simple fact they are in the Congress to begin with.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
And remember that the FBI was concerned about $100,000 / month being withdrawn in 2014 .
For a total of $1.7M overall .

That's quite strange and I think the sexual abuse story might be a red herring .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Oh, yes. Most pedophiles have multiple victims, and it appears that Hastert fits the profile. He needs to serve some time, even though it won't be for being a molester, and that's a shame.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Seems to me the keyword here is "him" or rather who is "him"?

Not to say there are no more victims, hard to think there are only one but BEING EVIDENCED BASED HERE, it appears at the moment we only have the identity and confirmation of one victim in the late Steve Reinboldt. And even this is an accusation and not a proven fact yet. However, we have seen this horse leave the barn before and know how it plays out so I understand assuming the worse here.

Yes, there seems to be someone known as "Individual A" getting money from Hastert and we know Reinboldt died in 95' but what is unclear to me is whether the blackmail was to protect the Reinboldt story, Individual A sez pay me and I stay silent or is "A" himself another victim? We don't actually know that now do we? We can't even identify who "A" even is now can we? And thus my comment on wishful speculation.

It stands a good chance IMO that where there is fire, there is a forest fire but we are at the moment FAR, FAR, FAR off in the distance looking on the horizon and seeing a single column of smoke. Should we jump to the conclusion it's a raging inferno or ask could it be the remains of a smoldering camp fire?

I'm no fan of Hastert either or the GOP and for the record I feel exactly the same of the democratic party and its henchmen/women but if you crucify Hastert on what later proves false assumptions rather than waiting to see what hard evidence emerges, are you not yourself becoming what you so often claim the republicans and folks like Hastert to be in assuming and prejudging others? My original reveling in this whole thing was the simple fact that Hastert and the majority of the herd in Congress set out a trap for others in which it appears now he himself got caught in. Had it been any other member of Congress who voted for the Patriot Act who did the same I would revel equally. In fact, I'd likely revel just on the simple fact they are in the Congress to begin with.

The investigators have confirmed that Individual A is (not was) a male, and that the incident(s) occurred when Hastert was a coach/teacher...as in before he got into politics. Why does Hastert pay-off anyone if there is no substance to Individual A's blackmail/extortion? It has also been confirmed that Individual A is from the city where Hastert taught.

2+2=4, except here, where it equals a bunch of Right Wingers trying to soft-peddle what Hastert did. He's an effing molester, which should be the death penalty as far as I'm concerned, and he's going to get away with that because he can't be tried for those crimes. It looks like there is plenty of proof that Denny liked to have sex with young men, and maybe not as much on the attempt to hide the payoff(s).

Hastert is a despicable monster, and most of the cretins on here are willing to overlook that because he's an important GOP figure. Sickening.

oldngray

nowhere special
The investigators have confirmed that Individual A is (not was) a male, and that the incident(s) occurred when Hastert was a coach/teacher...as in before he got into politics. Why does Hastert pay-off anyone if there is no substance to Individual A's blackmail/extortion? It has also been confirmed that Individual A is from the city where Hastert taught.

2+2=4, except here, where it equals a bunch of Right Wingers trying to soft-peddle what Hastert did. He's an effing molester, which should be the death penalty as far as I'm concerned, and he's going to get away with that because he can't be tried for those crimes. It looks like there is plenty of proof that Denny liked to have sex with young men, and maybe not as much on the attempt to hide the payoff(s).

Hastert is a despicable monster, and most of the cretins on here are willing to overlook that because he's an important GOP figure. Sickening.

Do you have a link to anything that says the investigators confirmed anything? All I have heard is allegations without any proof.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I see. You have nothing.
You are sounding like Bill Cosby now.;)

I think we know where Dennis liked to use his Jell-O. It does sound a bit like Cosby in that he is off the hook due to the statute of limitations, he isn't commenting on it (Hastert has said nothing at all), and that there is plenty of evidence as to guilt.

But, you know, that Cosby fellow is black and a liberal, so he's fair game. Hastert is a GOP icon and "father figure" to lots of GOP hopefuls, so he needs to be defended. This is kind of like accusing Reagan of dyeing his hair and consulting astrologers...something to be buried and forgotten. Maybe they (the GOP Hastert wannabees) should buy their Vaseline in 55 gallon drums so they can be fiscally responsible.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think we know where Dennis liked to use his Jell-O. It does sound a bit like Cosby in that he is off the hook due to the statute of limitations, he isn't commenting on it (Hastert has said nothing at all), and that there is plenty of evidence as to guilt.

But, you know, that Cosby fellow is black and a liberal, so he's fair game. Hastert is a GOP icon and "father figure" to lots of GOP hopefuls, so he needs to be defended. This is kind of like accusing Reagan of dyeing his hair and consulting astrologers...something to be buried and forgotten. Maybe they (the GOP Hastert wannabees) should buy their Vaseline in 55 gallon drums so they can be fiscally responsible.

I simply asked you for a link to support your statement that investigators had confirmed. I am not obsessed with this case like you seem to be and there may have been a story I didn't see. Since you can't support your claim that indicates it was just something you pulled out of your own butt. Attacking me and using deflection as per the usual liberal playbook.