discuss: do unions promote laziness?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Indy135, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Indy135

Indy135 New Member

curious to what u guys got to say

ill give my thoughts a lil later
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I don't know what company you work for but the one I work for doesn't allow time for laziness. Contract or no contract.
  3. User Name

User Name Only 230 Today?? lol

205 stops 310 pcs 10 pu and 79 miles. I dont think i was lazy today....
  4. Indy135

Indy135 New Member

im not callin anybody lazy

im just asking

cuz we all know its much harder for a company to fire a union employee for something trivial then it is for a non union employee
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Get a life!
  6. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Laziness what union you talking about. The one I belong to gets you a honest wage for a days work, good health insurance and job security.

If your lazy your giving the union a bad name. If your lazy and working for UPS your not going to be around long.
  7. Indy135

Indy135 New Member

well so far every single one of you has taken this question the wrong way

good job guys, looks like u are quick to defend yourself, i am not calling anybody lazy i know alot of ups workers work there asses off
  8. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

There are no lazy workers at UPS. It's simply not possible.
  9. Indy135

Indy135 New Member

u never been to a ups freight dock then
  10. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

only a scab would ask that!
  11. cino321

cino321 Active Member

Is that with a helper? That's nuts man.
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

You are getting exactly what you asked for. Opinions. My opinion is, that if you need to ask this question then you need to get a life. No, unions do not promote laziness.
  13. Indy135

Indy135 New Member

how does me asking a question about unions have anything to do with if i have a life or not
  14. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

This coming from a guy that has the teamsters logo as his avatar!

The union negotiates with the company your working rights, wages, holidays, vacation, seniority, medical plan, pension and spells it out in black and white.

Maybe some union jobs you sit around drinking coffee all day, but at ups you are moving non stop as long as you are on the clock. Now yes we are the highest paid in the industry, but we do more by 1030 am than the common worker does in a whole shift!

If you are really that unhappy at ups freight maybe you should apply for a restraunt job, you should be able to make some good tips with your personality!
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Then go ask this on a frieght thread.
  16. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

Indy- you don't have to actually light a match next to an open container of gas to know what happens. The same goes here.

Remember, you lit the match.
  17. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

99 del 31 pu 51 miles plus 6 oca,s 610 pm no helper. it was agood day being a PROUD UNION MEMBER.
  18. Indy135

Indy135 New Member

its not that im that unhappy, im very good at what i do, and im already the 2nd fastest freight runner on my shift after being there 2 months

its just that nobody respects the next guy, when i load a trailer i think about how the next guy will unload it, and id like him to be able to unload it still on pallets and everything

but u all completely missed the topic anyways so it dont matter
  19. Indy135

Indy135 New Member

think about it from my perspective

when i was 18 i worked at a CVS distribution center in indianapolis....on the shipping dock, and we worked our asses off....freight flying at you down conveyor belts, hot as hell in summer cold as :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: in the winter....for $9.65 an hour, non union...if you were too slow, they fire you or really discipline you until you can meet the quota

of course this job was non union....if they had unionized the pay would be more and the work load would be more realistic i guarantee it

now do you get what im saying? there are workers at ups freight roadway yellow usf holland that sit on forklifts all day and make the $23.00 an hour top pay...at CVS the highest paid guy at 17 years in and made $12.25
  20. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

You are the one that started the 'rant about frieght', you are the one that beats the crap out of the inside a trailer, you are the one that says you aren't unhappy. How can you be the 2nd fastest runner when you waste time beating the crap out of trailers. BTW runner, you are screwing yourself and your 'brothers and sisters' by running. You must have missed that part!

Nobody misunderstood your question.