Enjoy the new raise today guys

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jackburton, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Slide your 401k bar two notches to the right, you'll never miss it.

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

Great advice !!!

I'm up to 8% now after restarting my 401k a couple years ago :greedy:
  3. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

I put 22% in 401k, 10% in Roth usually max the Roth by Sept and the 401 by Nov. Still bring home $700+ week no problem and come the holidays I have extra money when they max out.
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Damn I took off. No raise for me today. As was stated though I've already made the adjustments to put it in my 401k. I haven't seen a raise in my final paycheck since I hit full scale.
  5. working up a sweat

working up a sweat Active Member

The PTers that started after last contract in 2008 don't get the raise. You got to have 5 years in to get the raise. They are still on .50 cent a year progression.
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

No raise here---all of our split raises for this contract being diverted to pension.

25% to 401k.
  7. Brownslave688

That sucks. So the company is forced to pump more money into a fund that's mismanaged and under funded. I'd prefer to see that money in my paycheck where I would have some Actual control over where it went.

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Not gettin' any here till the pension fund is rehabilitated. 3 years now.:dissapointed:
  9. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Better get your facts straight Skippy. We will get the raise just as we DID in August. Surely you realize that you got a raise then, right?
  10. brownboxman

brownboxman Active Member

Always impressed with people quick to post how much they save. It is a good thing. To save. But it seems some just are a bit too eager to share in their fortune.
  11. Ms.PacMan

Ms.PacMan Well-Known Member

Don't look at it that way. It's nice to find other people who like the financial aspects of life, other than spending. If a guy shows off his new truck, he gets all kinds of pats on the back and everyone wants to hear all about it. Oh, went on a vacation, tell me all about it. Hubby buys you some bling - girl, that's so pretty. Everyone's happy for these people and their stuff.

Tell someone you've been putting money in the bank and they think your bragging.

Doesn't make sense.

Dow over....14,000!!!!! :wootsmiley:
  12. brownboxman

brownboxman Active Member

. Yes I too save , but I don't go into details to impress, I think it's plenty good to just say ,I save
  13. Brownslave688

Actually I think part of our financial crisis is the unwillingness of past generations to talk openly about money. When you have 18-25 year old forming their own opinions about money. With no parental guidance it's a disaster waiting to happen.

I speak very openly about my income and my debts. If someone doesn't it like it it's usually cause their jealous. My response is go make more money then.

Do I wish I made 500k a year yeah sure I do but I'm also not willing to take the risk most of those people did to begin with. More power to them.
  14. UpsYours

UpsYours Member

Upstate are you the 294? we are and had to give back 2 years worth but got our last 2 (47.5cent) raises Aug. 1,2012 and today
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

687. I was wrong---we will be getting this split raise.
  16. Brownslave688

People mark your calendars remember where you are the day this happened. It may not happen again.

Sorry upstate couldn't resist
  17. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

So, are you going to admit that you, the great Upstate, did not realize that you got a raise in August 2012??
  18. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Maybe he does maybe he doesn't. How about we bet on it in the name of the Super Bowl.
  19. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

20. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Ill take what ever you don't pick.