Express raises.

Serf

All of this was inevitable. When companies care about profits first they ship off good paying jobs overseas or replace people with robots. There aren't enough good paying jobs for the people who want them, and what's left over doesn't require a degree and are paid accordingly. On top of that a blind eye has been turned towards our southern border, and now millions of non-citizens are taking work and straining our social services. Republican businessmen do well. Democrat politicians do well. Joe Blow doesn't.

Before you write off the 3rd world there are places with modern communications that are livable. If you'd rather work until you drop go for it. The powers that be in the U.S. see us as a group to be exploited, so, as much as I love the U.S. on a certain level, I have no qualms about leaving it.
This should be required reading. And I will keep Nicaragua and Bulgaria on the list.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
I'll go you one better: Bulgaria. Cheap as Nicaragua, better infrastructure than Panama, and did I mention you can get 100 meg internet there? Panama does have a great pensionado program, but it's boiling hot in most of the country and where it's not costs are pretty high. If you want to be close to the States, LOW cost of living, safe, mountains, cooler air, check out Esteli and Matagalpa in Nicaragua.

Sorry. They are closing their borders. The US doesn't allow them to come over, so they won't let you come either.

SmithBarney

So here is what I spotted over a shoulder...

Starting pay 2% increase.
Bottom 1/3rd 10%
Mid 1/3rd 10-5% based on years of service(lower years higher percentage to "catch-up")
Top 1/3rd of range - 0% raise

Honestly though, if they did it right. They should do
1/2 way to top of range from current pay, for 3 years until topped for current employees.
new hire 7year with 1/3 way to top each year until year 7.
Or bring back performance reviews.

MAKAVELI

Why can't they just do it like most other companies. X amount of years = X amount of $. Simple and fair. I guess that's to much to ask from this company.

vantexan

Bottom 1/3rd 10%
Mid 1/3rd 10-5% based on years of service(lower years higher percentage to "catch-up")

1/2 way to top of range from current pay, for 3 years until topped for current employees.
Any idea if this is coming soon? October? Is this an adjustment and we still get the October raise?

Serf

Sorry, if you don't have the cojones to take a risk then don't stand in the way of those who do.
Exactly. Literally, at least 50 countries world wide that would open it's doors to an Expat. Although, my Costa Rican neighbor is telling me Europeans are buying up his country like nobodies business! And the cost of living is increasing drastically.

Code43

Bottom 1/3rd 10%

It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being "Up to 10% raise spread out over the next 5 years" type of deal. That's more along the lines of a FedEx type of raise.

Code43

So topped out gets nothing?

We all deserve something better than what is being offered. Experienced Couriers and Handlers are the ones that keep this company moving on a daily basis. These moronic mangers wouldn't have jobs if it weren't for the sweat off our backs. It's time for us to rise and be rewarded or leave for greener pastures. Once all of us "Lazy, ungrateful" veteran couriers are gone, this company will truely get what it is paying for. Which isn't much. WAGN.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Bottom 1/3rd 10%

Not bad.

I wouldn't complain about any decent step program as long as the company adhered to it. Again, a mild progression that they stick with is better than a more generous one that they abandon midway through.

Performance review raises wouldn't be bad until you get people crying that they weren't evaluated fairly.

l22

Bottom 1/3rd 10%

If you started working in 2013 where would you be?

DontThrowPackages

This should be required reading. And I will keep Nicaragua and Bulgaria on the list.
This country was built on slave labor of all races. And nothing has changed. If you and yours can live comfortable in the states in your golden days then stay. But there are so many great options out there. Greece will be dirt cheap for a long time to come. Live on an island for half the year without stress. Thailand, Panama, Costa Rica...satellite TV for all the games...magic jack...Skype...and absentee voting. It's doable.

Serf

This country was built on slave labor of all races. And nothing has changed. If you and yours can live comfortable in the states in your golden days then stay. But there are so many great options out there. Greece will be dirt cheap for a long time to come. Live on an island for half the year without stress. Thailand, Panama, Costa Rica...satellite TV for all the games...magic jack...Skype...and absentee voting. It's doable.
Of course. I agree. I cannot speak to the rest of the country, but here in the Northeast our property tax is incredibly high. Bridges and tolls, the same. By all means stay if you can. I already know I couldn't stomach the tax. If your taxes are 10,200 in 2015, imagine what they would be in 2045 as you are getting ready to retire!

vantexan

Heard rumor of 10% raise this year. 5% in June. Another 5% before peak. Any truth to this? Manager would not confirm of deny. Just said they are working on something. I imagine it would be for just non-topped out employees if there is any truth to it.
Hmmmm....