Express raises.

slowdriver

So here is what I spotted over a shoulder...

Starting pay 2% increase.
Bottom 1/3rd 10%
Mid 1/3rd 10-5% based on years of service(lower years higher percentage to "catch-up")
Top 1/3rd of range - 0% raise

Honestly though, if they did it right. They should do
1/2 way to top of range from current pay, for 3 years until topped for current employees.
new hire 7year with 1/3 way to top each year until year 7.
Or bring back performance reviews.
hopefully this is true, or October is it for me...

vantexan

Cojones? Never have and never will have those. Most women don't.

Didn't realize going to another country was a risk.
Doing anything outside of the "norm" is a risk. Doesn't mean it's life threatening, just that it may turn out great, may not. You've made comments along these lines before. Are you afraid to take a chance so you don't want others to either? I'm 53, might not make it to 70 due to health issues, and schlepping boxes until 67 doesn't appeal to me. FedEx was supposed to give me higher pay and a decent pension. Had dreams of a 4X4 pickup with a truck camper exploring the Southwest and camping on Baja beaches. Now it's take my little pension and live where it's nice enough and very affordable. It's about making the most of what you have, not letting the A-holes think they own you and you have no choice but to work for them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So here is what I spotted over a shoulder...

Starting pay 2% increase.
Bottom 1/3rd 10%
Mid 1/3rd 10-5% based on years of service(lower years higher percentage to "catch-up")
Top 1/3rd of range - 0% raise

Honestly though, if they did it right. They should do
1/2 way to top of range from current pay, for 3 years until topped for current employees.
new hire 7year with 1/3 way to top each year until year 7.
Or bring back performance reviews.

Even if this is true, Fred will take it away elsewhere...that's how it works. The recently mentioned scheme to have couriers change timecard codes when they do package handling sounds like one way. Another would be to make our insurance "benefits" even more expensive. A more likely scheme is to hire massive numbers of part-timers and cut hours.

Understand that Fred thinks we are already overpaid for what we do. If these raises are accurate figures, we are still going to be years behind where we should be.

SmithBarney

Even if this is true, Fred will take it away elsewhere...that's how it works. The recently mentioned scheme to have couriers change timecard codes when they do package handling sounds like one way. Another would be to make our insurance "benefits" even more expensive. A more likely scheme is to hire massive numbers of part-timers and cut hours.

Understand that Fred thinks we are already overpaid for what we do. If these raises are accurate figures, we are still going to be years behind where we should be.

Oh yeah I forgot to include at the bottom of what I saw...our "self-paid" insurance will increase 30% because of increased costs associated with an aging workforce...

PS: I didn't see anything, it's all a farce, we won't get anything. what FDX is working on is how to minimize costs.
They Removed DOT requirements, allowing people to expire, I'd be willing to bet that FDX will in the future reinstate DOT requirement. now those who had medical exemptions for diabetes and other ailments will no longer be able to get a DOT card because they will fail the "initial" exam.
90days of FMLA leave has been reduced to 45, those who can't become DOT elgible in 45days will lose their routes, and now be displaced, and will probably quit.

enjoy the reaming... I quit last Monday!!! brought back a truck load at 8pm

vantexan

Oh yeah I forgot to include at the bottom of what I saw...our "self-paid" insurance will increase 30% because of increased costs associated with an aging workforce...

PS: I didn't see anything, it's all a farce, we won't get anything. what FDX is working on is how to minimize costs.
They Removed DOT requirements, allowing people to expire, I'd be willing to bet that FDX will in the future reinstate DOT requirement. now those who had medical exemptions for diabetes and other ailments will no longer be able to get a DOT card because they will fail the "initial" exam.
90days of FMLA leave has been reduced to 45, those who can't become DOT elgible in 45days will lose their routes, and now be displaced, and will probably quit.

How is getting our hopes up rated a winner? I feel like Charlie Brown having the football snatched as he lands on his back yet again. I'm eligible to transfer as of today, and my wife wants to be near her kids. There's an opening less than 100 miles from them, but I'll have to take a $1.11 paycut. Was really hoping this 10% adjustment was true.

Goldilocks

I'm gone in 3 weeks. To all of you old timers, grab your pension and run. Get a part time job with benefits, YOU CAN DO THIS!. No more peaks. FedEx is out of control!

MAKAVELI

D****. Congrats on leaving this hell hole, but you're still a d****. Lol

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

BZ on the truck deal. You will be much happier without Fredward in your life. A Golden Falcon to you, sir!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How is getting our hopes up rated a winner? I feel like Charlie Brown having the football snatched as he lands on his back yet again. I'm eligible to transfer as of today, and my wife wants to be near her kids. There's an opening less than 100 miles from them, but I'll have to take a $1.11 paycut. Was really hoping this 10% adjustment was true.

van, Fred doesn't care about you or anyone else. He never has, and never will. If anything, the 10% adjustment would be a pay cut because Fred thinks you are so damn lucky just to work for him.

vantexan

van, Fred doesn't care about you or anyone else. He never has, and never will. If anything, the 10% adjustment would be a pay cut because Fred thinks you are so damn lucky just to work for him.
Yeah, we've heard that a million times already. However SB crafted a clever post that made sense. They can't keep enough newhires, even bribed people last peak. So adjusting the bottom of the scale up a bit looked like something that needed to happen, and FedEx only gives money when it has to, not because they want to. So is everyone else on here who are claiming something's coming a liar too?

SmithBarney

Yeah, we've heard that a million times already. However SB crafted a clever post that made sense...

Remember if it makes sense FEDEX won't do it. They want you to use paperless paychecks, to save money after years of giving us all and extra blank sheet of paper in our envelopes. Printing 3 copies of time cards, stopping using 1 VIR per month even if it isn't full, the company could afford to give you raises if they didn't waste so much on useless stuff. Many Stations have and pay for cable TV, for who? Some Stations have soda and/or ice cream machines(FREE) many others I'm sure... anyway I'll Stick to what I've heard before. FEDEX HAS NO INCENTIVE TO GIVE RAISES and until they do, you can bet your sweeet ass they'll hold that money.

vantexan

Remember if it makes sense FEDEX won't do it. They want you to use paperless paychecks, to save money after years of giving us all and extra blank sheet of paper in our envelopes. Printing 3 copies of time cards, stopping using 1 VIR per month even if it isn't full, the company could afford to give you raises if they didn't waste so much on useless stuff. Many Stations have and pay for cable TV, for who? Some Stations have soda and/or ice cream machines(FREE) many others I'm sure... anyway I'll Stick to what I've heard before. FEDEX HAS NO INCENTIVE TO GIVE RAISES and until they do, you can bet your sweeet ass they'll hold that money.
But why screw with us? You have a beef with the company then mess with them.

El Morado Diablo

They can't keep enough newhires, even bribed people last peak.

Our station was one of those which got the 15% temporary raise. We still lost a couple of people during the time it was in effect. Our DM paid us a visit during peak and said he couldn't see them taking it away (even though they did just that). This spring we had people telling our SM that they felt insulted that FedEx would pay them more when they really needed them than they would the entire year. The meeting got a little ugly. The SM tried to play it off by saying it was too bad there wasn't a mechanism to increase pay for everyone. That really caused an uproar since our station is the lowest market level.

Last edited: