FedEx cutting corners

Last peak I chased a driver on my bike to tell him his door was open. He pulls into a parking lot and I finally make it around and tell him. He was at his first stop. =/ He thanked me tho and we are friends now but lol that sucked.

Est.1998

I notice Fedex driving around with bulkhead doors open and engines running while delivering a stop... unfortunately I'd be witholding the truth if I didn't see our drivers doing these same things... and a lot of them guys that have been driving 20+ years.

I once had my hand cart knock the bulkhead door off its track while having to make an unexpected quick stop... and that was while the door was closed too.
This post was placed 10 years ago and yes in 2019 I still see FedEx drivers ride around with their bulkhead doors open and engines running during deliveries.

Bingo

All of the above.

WAGN
I am sure one can see a Express driver bulk head open as it is very easy to forget to close it when using the side glider door in a sprinter. However I find it very difficult to believe a Express driver leaving the engine running while delivering a package. That would be a termination incident.

bbsam

Staff member
I am sure one can see a Express driver bulk head open as it is very easy to forget to close it when using the side glider door in a sprinter. However I find it very difficult to believe a Express driver leaving the engine running while delivering a package. That would be a termination incident.
Running, nosed in drive ways, on phone driving down the road...

If you look, I bet you can find it every day.

dezguy

Running, nosed in drive ways, on phone driving down the road...

If you look, I bet you can find it every day.
I've noticed this increasing a lot lately, especially amongst some of the older people at my sta. Stupid but they know management isn't given the time to leave their office, outside of check rides and security is too busy with fraud and thefts to be riding around, trying to pop someone.

Still, there is no excuse for it. Any call can wait till you get to your next stop.

whenIgetthere

Was at my last stop a couple of weeks ago, PM driver pulls up to make the pickup, gets out, goes into a retail store, all doors open and engine running. This was express, so it happens at both opcos.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Was at my last stop a couple of weeks ago, PM driver pulls up to make the pickup, gets out, goes into a retail store, all doors open and engine running. This was express, so it happens at both opcos.
I’ve seen new couriers pull in my building and leave the truck running and get out. I always let them know they could get immediately terminated if a manager sees that. A lot don’t know.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I am sure one can see a Express driver bulk head open as it is very easy to forget to close it when using the side glider door in a sprinter.

The bulkhead door will usually close on its own as the truck makes turns, which is why so many of those "forgotten" open doors are kept open with tape.

MassWineGuy

Taken while leaving my last appointment of the day. Crazy independent contractors! I'm sure this is safe.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d834b3127ccec70a6178310800000040O08EctmTRs1bg9vPho/cC/friend%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

That’s a Ground truck, right?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That’s a Ground truck, right?
Sure, but Ground makes up for it in other innovative ways.

hqdefault.jpg

SmithBarney

The bulkhead door will usually close on its own as the truck makes turns, which is why so many of those "forgotten" open doors are kept open with tape.
I've got a few that open and close on their own all day long...that gets fixed with a bungie to close it, even then it snaps back and forth... my poor ears