FedEx Express and Ground Are Going To Be the Same

BrownFury

Are they going to get rid of the Home Delivery too? The Home Delivery guy in my apartments annoys the hell out of me. The Ground guy not so much.

rebelsss

Express has there own centers, so now those centers will do ground? Or ground will also do express and Express will just keep doing express?

It will be fine

By next year, they will be the same. Will the classification be changed to where the Teamsters can organize? Still going with the contractor model. I have been predicting this for years.

FedEx Restructures to Combine Ground and Express Delivery Networks
There is not likely going to be any classification change for any workers. While they are merging the opcos they are still keeping the air and surface divisions somewhat separate. The Express drivers will all be under the air division and deal with only air freight. The surface division will still be handled by contractors.

charm299

There is not likely going to be any classification change for any workers. While they are merging the opcos they are still keeping the air and surface divisions somewhat separate. The Express drivers will all be under the air division and deal with only air freight. The surface division will still be handled by contractors.
Just like our air drivers never deliver ground😂😂

bbsam

Staff member
Just like our air drivers never deliver ground😂😂
Exactly…kinda. They’ve started building combined Ground/Express stations already. Every division is being blurred and that probably became most noticeable a few years ago when Hround started changing logos from green to orange. Where does it end? No idea

DOK

“They also help the parcel-delivery giant adjust to a business model driven by e-commerce instead of one predominantly focused on business-to-business services, he said.”

And ups is focusing on the new “differed delivery”

MAKAVELI

Exactly…kinda. They’ve started building combined Ground/Express stations already. Every division is being blurred and that probably became most noticeable a few years ago when Hround started changing logos from green to orange. Where does it end? No idea
Yep, a station in the Bay Area is in a combined building since last year. But both operations are still separate, including restrooms and break rooms and Ground isn't taking their freight.

bbsam

Staff member
They aren't at that particular station because they don't want to friend* the service in the Bay Area. This whole merge isn't going to be a one size fits all as some think.
No and it doesn’t have to be. It can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch and likely by zip code at individual stations. Could happen by day, week, year…you didn’t think being in the same building was all about land and tax codes did you?

MAKAVELI

No and it doesn’t have to be. It can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch and likely by zip code at individual stations. Could happen by day, week, year…you didn’t think being in the same building was all about land and tax codes did you?
It is for this particular location. You think they're going to risk poor service and lose big accounts in the Bay Area with all that money? Don't think so bro.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It is for this particular location. You think they're going to risk poor service and lose big accounts in the Bay Area with all that money? Don't think so bro.
Hey Tupac,
Looks like you're under a lot a pressure. I don't want to jump this thread but I seen this meme and it made me laugh and I thought of you....Take care, man..
1680832216993.png