Shiftless

You sure you have the terminology right? You say in your post "We are trying to transfer out of CA but need one year seniority to qualify for the transfer list. He was kicked off the list for this reason." along with "no he was not seasonal. He was on the feeder list and finally got called after 15 years". I think what he may have found out is he has to have a current year of safe driving to be on the list?

Being retired, things may have changed. So I suggest he do his UPS/Teamster homework. Trying to do an inter-district transfer is really, really unusual to do! BUT! I was one that did it! Feeder to Feeder! With the stipulation if the run didn't work out? I had "NO" where to go in the new local but the bottom of the list and that was if there was work! Trying to transfer out of state? Right up there with "Mission Impossible" to do.

Where do you Live/Work that you want the hell out of Ca. so bad?

542thruNthru

So you're the same rider as me. Transfers on page 242 of the contract. What I believe your problem is, that your husband didn't have his own bid. He was a feeder cover driver in a sense. So technically he was still a package car driver. So when he won a bid his 1 year started in feeder. I believe this is what they will tell you.

It happens here all the time. You go into feeder but keep your route in package until you win a bid. Because you can be sent back at anytime when there is no work.

UPSWife06

You sure you have the terminology right? You say in your post "We are trying to transfer out of CA but need one year seniority to qualify for the transfer list. He was kicked off the list for this reason." along with "no he was not seasonal. He was on the feeder list and finally got called after 15 years". I think what he may have found out is he has to have a current year of safe driving to be on the list?

Being retired, things may have changed. So I suggest he do his UPS/Teamster homework. Trying to do an inter-district transfer is really, really unusual to do! BUT! I was one that did it! Feeder to Feeder! With the stipulation if the run didn't work out? I had "NO" where to go in the new local but the bottom of the list and that was if there was work! Trying to transfer out of state? Right up there with "Mission Impossible" to do.

Where do you Live/Work that you want the hell out of Ca. so bad?

Thank you for your kind and helpful reaponse. He has many years safe driving. So he is good there. We have the plaques to prove it. LoL
We were planning on getting on the transfer list while in package since it is easier to do. But he was notified he made feeder before we could. So here we are. He is fine with bottom building seniority if we get to transfer. He understands that. He is pretty much there anyway right now. We are Southern CA - Ontario Hub. I wont go into detail- but we have many reasons to move. We want to go to Utah.
I hope you are enjoying your retirement!

UPSWife06

So you're the same rider as me. Transfers on page 242 of the contract. What I believe your problem is, that your husband didn't have his own bid. He was a feeder cover driver in a sense. So technically he was still a package car driver. So when he won a bid his 1 year started in feeder. I believe this is what they will tell you.

It happens here all the time. You go into feeder but keep your route in package until you win a bid. Because you can be sent back at anytime when there is no work.

Ahh this makes alot of sense to me. It seems it may be the case. Thank you for researching for me and your response.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thank you for your kind and helpful reaponse. He has many years safe driving. So he is good there. We have the plaques to prove it. LoL
We were planning on getting on the transfer list while in package since it is easier to do. But he was notified he made feeder before we could. So here we are. He is fine with bottom building seniority if we get to transfer. He understands that. He is pretty much there anyway right now. We are Southern CA - Ontario Hub. I wont go into detail- but we have many reasons to move. We want to go to Utah.
I hope you are enjoying your retirement!

You Mormons?

Shiftless

Retirement? Best thing I ever did! So let me expand on that aspect. I did it at 49 years old! Started as a kid. Wanted to quit many a time!

I understand the passion to get out! Your husband at 15 years plus service, not knowing his age and time needed to retire, I sure hope you two factor this into your ultimate decision if he decides to quit since transferring is almost if not impossible. Along with the peer 80 or 82 or what ever retirement plan he is under will cease to exist if he leaves UPS. Collecting a teamster pension not under these contract terms will be a complete different story.

He appears to be halfway past his retirement age, so make sure that is in your decision process!

Future

Victory Ride
You Mormons?
CC0EEDEA-57CB-45C8-8671-E87D19376E58.gif

jaker

trolling

This is right for local 63 , you are not feeder until you make bid in feeder

UPSWife06

Retirement? Best thing I ever did! So let me expand on that aspect. I did it at 49 years old! Started as a kid. Wanted to quit many a time!

I understand the passion to get out! Your husband at 15 years plus service, not knowing his age and time needed to retire, I sure hope you two factor this into your ultimate decision if he decides to quit since transferring is almost if not impossible. Along with the peer 80 or 82 or what ever retirement plan he is under will cease to exist if he leaves UPS. Collecting a teamster pension not under these contract terms will be a complete different story.

He appears to be halfway past his retirement age, so make sure that is in your decision process!

He is eligible to retire at age 49 as well- he started 2 months after he graduated highschool. It is in the plan to retire early. We’ve been in this together from PT loader/sorter through feeder now. He will not quit UPS- We’ll stay here if a transfer doesn’t happen. His Dad also retired UPS feeder a few years go. He had 35 years in. He moved out of state as soon as he did.

jaker

trolling
He is eligible to retire at age 49 as well- he started 2 months after he graduated highschool. It is in the plan to retire early. We’ve been in this together from PT loader/sorter through feeder now. He will not quit UPS- We’ll stay here if a transfer doesn’t happen. His Dad also retired UPS feeder a few years go. He had 35 years in. He moved out of state as soon as he did.
Oh I get to play guess the driver