Finally had the surgery

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dei8, May 27, 2009.

1. dei8

dei8 Member

So I finally had the foot surgery for my plantar fasciitis. All is well, now I am out about three weeks. Here is my problem. How do I keep the weight off. Already put on about 3 pounds and really have not gone crazy eating. Foot still hurts to walk on, and they have me wearing a boot. Now I know what feeder driver feel like(sorry feeders, low blow) Anyone have any ideas.

2. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

I assume you are really can't walk after this operation. How about swimming? You don't have to be michael Phelps, you just do it at your pace . Just threading water might be more exercise than what you are getting. And if you like the pool, it can be fun.

3. Mike57

Mike57 Member

Get a stationary bike , If you can handle it .Some sit ups too!!!
    I know about the weight . I haven't worked since Jan. Long story. But you just have to be carefull, Even to mention this to your doctor , to see if any suggestions He(She) has.
    I need to take off about 15 pounds myself !!!

4. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

If you will be back on your feet in 3 weeks I think you will be fine,you may gain a few pounds but that's about it.
    You can try to eat smaller portions 5 times a day instead of eating 3 big meals a day. This would be a good time to really take a look at how you can eat healthy foods and try to make it a habit.
    I am not assuming you have bad eating habits, I just mean that since you have the time off it could be something to look into.
    Also, I think I may have what you had, I had an MRI onmy foot last year but never had a follow up on it and I was mad at the Dr so I never went back (silly, stupid I know). How did it go and how do you feel now? Feel free to IM me if you want. Good luck.:happy2:

5. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

There are many types of horizontal exercises you could be doing. Some work better with a partner, some not. Post pictures, we'll let ya know how you're doing!

6. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

How 'bout an example Over?:happy2:

7. over9five

uhhh.... Gotta go to work! Cya tomorrow!

8. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Has anybody told you lately that you are a 'dirty old man'?:surprised:

9. over9five

I don't know what you're talking about!

I was thinking of sit-ups where someone holds your feet down.....

honest

10. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

You are such a liar! :wink2:

11. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

Pics, Over. Post pics!

12. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

All I could find on my computer was this picture of fethrs, doing sit ups, LOL.
    [​IMG]
    situps.jpg

13. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

Whew! I am glad that didn't show up.
    I'll shut up now...LOL

14. stevetheupsguy

Fixed it for you.:surprised:

15. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

I hope Dizzee doesn't see this:surprised:

16. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Ya! It'll be added to his BC celeb list in less time than you can say *****! :happy-very:

17. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

noooo, not that Dilli don't you dare! Anything but that.:surprised:

18. stevetheupsguy

On a serious note, fethrs. I think you should go to a good shoe store, or maybe a foot Dr and see if they can prescribe something that will help correct the PLANTAR, without surgery. Back to my joke, LOL, I like that picture of you.:wink2:

19. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

Noo! Not like that, anything but that. Zip it Dilli...lol:happy-very:

20. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

:stalker:oh Dizzeeeeee, where are you Dizzeeeee?