Flu season!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Cementups, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I'm going to personally warn everyone.......this stuff sucks. I've been sick since mid Friday. Finally got to doctor Monday and was confimred that it was the flu. Only one other time have I felt so bad. So if you can, get the flu shot and stay away from sick people. I know that's very tough for us. The doctor even asked me, "have you come in contact with anyone with the flu?" I told her, "I'm a UPS driver, I come in contact with A LOT of people."

And my daughter has been sick the whole time too and her doctor has instructed her to stay home all week from school. She's not happy about it. But she can't go to school and get others sick too.

2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I hope you start feeling better real soon.
    Do you wish you had stock in Orange juice?
    When it's over, it's my understanding you are immune to that strain now..

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I've just got it for the second time. The whole family had it last week and now
    ive ggot it again now. Wtf

4. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Oh man. Idk if its all the talk about it, but my stomach feel funky since 5 last night. Feels like flu coming on, but usually when it hits me, it just hits. It comes on faster.
    Hope you fellas feel better

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Prob is their are like 100,000 strains lol.

6. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Got it last thursday. Banged in Friday. Stayed in bed with electric blanket on 5 with steady doses of Tylenol and Nyquil . After sweating pools Friday and Saturday , I woke up Sunday feeling pretty good but 5 to 8 lbs lighter. 2 1/2 days of it was too much, but it could have been worse. Hope everybody feels better.

7. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I am going back to work tomorrow. I have lost close to 10 lbs.

8. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Jeez people, flu shots are free! We get one every year now.
    I got one at my doctors office. My wife went in the next day and they were all out. She got hers free from the Teamsters.

9. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Home sick with flu.

10. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

I've never bothered because if I get it, it's only 12-24 hour deal. This one sounds like it lasts a week. Ouch

11. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I got a flu shot two years in a row and still got the flu.

12. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

I got the shot.
    My immunity is compromised due to a steroid treatment I get pumped into me once a month.

13. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

I lick my scanner after any sickly looking person handles it. Bulletproof immune system.

14. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The flu shot was as accurate as its ever been this year and it was still only a 60% match. As long as I'm young and healthy I prefer to let my natural immune system fight off all that it can. I'm 30 years ill prob get a flu shot and it'll likely be much better by then also.

15. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Both of those were from non-Union doctors tho.

16. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

17. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Any good doctor knows how to treat a scab.

18. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Or undead!

image.jpg
    image.jpg

19. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Hey, why did you post my picture???

20. Loufan

Loufan New Member

I'm surprised I haven't got it yet, I touch like 10,000 boxes a day and the flu has been crazy in my city but no one has been sick at my building as far as i know. *knock on wood*

I heard it's already peaked or about to peak so hopefully this flu season will be over early.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013