Forced 20 Minute Break

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Two weeks in without breaks and still no reaction.

Another typical management technique...threats without action. If they can scare most of the people into complying, mission accomplished.

I never take splits, call the weather line, or comply with any similar BS. Never a word.

You're learning fast.

vantexan

...or perhaps they are building a case against him and plan on using him as an example to the others of how important it is to take any and all break...
They either have to document all violations with olcc's and eventually warning letters or ignore it. They can't just make an example out of him.

McFeely

Huge Member
A 20 min break sounds like the code 28-29 that we're entitled to. Too bad we can't enter them on the PPAD so they won't know when you take it.

MassWineGuy

A veteran who has worked for FX a long time mentioned something that may pretty well screw mgt's efforts. The policy manual covers 30 and 60 minute break requirements. But nowhere does it say word one about 20 minute breaks. So added to my defense would be "Show me in the policy manual here it says I'm required to take such breaks."

I don't feel that I'm risking my job, so I don't care much.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A 20 min break sounds like the code 28-29 that we're entitled to. Too bad we can't enter them on the PPAD so they won't know when you take it.

Everything FedEx does is predicated on the idea that they're going to try and save some money...at your expense. They would much prefer you work through 28/29 and 13/14 so numbers look better and you work for nothing.

The shills and deniers on here say that "few" do the smartphone trick and POD later, so why do I hear so many new hires instructing each other on how to do it? Also, why doesn't the company look into it? It would be easy to just pick some courier with numbers that are "too good", follow them, and see if the PODs align with when the pkg. was truly delivered.

You'll never see it, because this is exactly what they want to happen. Good for them all the way around.

McFeely

Huge Member
Everything FedEx does is predicated on the idea that they're going to try and save some money...at your expense. They would much prefer you work through 28/29 and 13/14 so numbers look better and you work for nothing.

Absolutely agreed. Just like them mandating 1-hour breaks when our productivity is less than 100%. It's not like they want us to have an hour's rest, they just want to speed us up just a little more so we cost them less in hours.

I'm a 4-10 driver so there's no chance of me finishing my day in less than 8 hours. I haven't had a 1-hour break in over a year. The only thing a 1-hour break mandate would do for me is make me late to the station with outbound and they know that.

Oldfart

The shills and deniers on here say that "few" do the smartphone trick and POD later, so why do I hear so many new hires instructing each other on how to do it? Also, why doesn't the company look into it? It would be easy to just pick some courier with numbers that are "too good", follow them, and see if the PODs align with when the pkg. was truly delivered.

You'll never see it, because this is exactly what they want to happen. Good for them all the way around.
Why would anyone cheat them self and work during their break? Why blame that on the company? Blame the idiot that is doing it. That is why the PPAD locks up during the your break.