Four day work week

Rhoderunner

All our new 4x10 they have implemented this winter have floating days off. Long weekend comes around once a month for these folks.

Purplepackage

4x10 routes are a bunch of :censored2:. You have guys working a 4x10 only getting 38 hours while half the station is working 9 hours a day and getting 45 hours a week.

The only time our 4x10s get week day OT is on Mondays when they might get an hour and a half of ot

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
All our new 4x10 they have implemented this winter have floating days off. Long weekend comes around once a month for these folks.

That's what has been done in my stations that have or had a quantity 4 X 10 routes that was divisible by 4; even the cover guy got a turn at the long weekend.

McFeely

Huge Member
4x10 routes are a bunch of :censored2:. You have guys working a 4x10 only getting 38 hours while half the station is working 9 hours a day and getting 45 hours a week.

Depends on the route(s) and the station, I'm sure. Most of our 4x10 people are hovering right around 39-41 hours a week and some of our 5x8 couriers are working 35 hours (or less). We have a couple of FT couriers with routes who are getting minimums right now.

It's not a great time to be a swing in my station. Some of those guys come in to to FOs then get sent home by 10. We are simply overstaffed in my station.

Purplepackage

Depends on the route(s) and the station, I'm sure. Most of our 4x10 people are hovering right around 39-41 hours a week and some of our 5x8 couriers are working 35 hours (or less). We have a couple of FT couriers with routes who are getting minimums right now.

It's not a great time to be a swing in my station. Some of those guys come in to to FOs then get sent home by 10. We are simply overstaffed in my station.

It's the same at my station right now. Every week my manager is posting a lwop sheet or telling people to burn their personals or floating holidays so swings can work.

Meanwhile they hire 3 part timers to run pm pup routes while full time employees don't have anything to do. Overstating must be a company wide problem in certain districts

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's the same at my station right now. Every week my manager is posting a lwop sheet or telling people to burn their personals or floating holidays so swings can work.

Meanwhile they hire 3 part timers to run pm pup routes while full time employees don't have anything to do. Overstating must be a company wide problem in certain districts

Are you guys hitting up the wish list before asking for LWOP volunteers?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

We have never had LWOP at my station and have never been overstaffed. Turnover rate is too high.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They tried the 4x10 thing here, it just didn't work I can't remember the specifics, but it was switched back after several months.
Probably insufficient staffing. That kills it faster than anything.

In this case it only lasted several months. How's the turnover at your station?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Turnover isn't a word at my station. The mini hiring spree they just went on hiring 3 pm couriers is the first we hired anyone in over 6 years.
They hire every few months at my station. Always new people coming in. Now I'm curious. I'll have to remember to look at the vacation seniority list to see how many people have been hired recently.

Purplepackage

They hire every few months at my station. Always new people coming in. Now I'm curious. I'll have to remember to look at the vacation seniority list to see how many people have been hired recently.

Our senior manager calls our station a fedex anomaly. Very small station (about 27-28 full routes) and we just recently created 3 new pm routes (we used to have 2 pm pup routes and one guy who worked a split with a pup route). 2 designated FO drivers lol. We are small but we service 2 counties and 2 very busy metro areas but no one leaves once they have the job

Yomama11

The only time our 4x10s get week day OT is on Mondays when they might get an hour and a half of ot
Exactly I hate 4×10 routes..I'm a swing driver and have been stuck on a 4x10 routes since the new year..I struggle to get 37 hours a week..it's a bunch of crap. You do more work each day but you get paid less...70 deliveries and 35 pups and get a 9 hour day...while a 5x8 driver does 70 deliveries, helps out with 10 pups and gets 9 hours..except he gets 1 hour of ot each day..FEDEX IS GENIUS