Funny Picture

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BLACKBOX, Dec 25, 2007.

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

Input funny caption...

"I'm not lying...the guy says the receiving door was this side of the building.."
  2. JonFrum

JonFrum Guest

What's not so funny is the vehicle has an attractive paint job, an attractive color scheme and logo that is safe and visible even in the dark, and is washed clean! Even the wheel rims are clean. No scratches, no dirty windshields, no missing marker lights or reflectors, no bent front bumper. FedEx must know some secret that UPS management doesn't.
  3. BrownBadger

BrownBadger New Member

not to mention power steering!!!!!!!!!!
  4. old brown shoe

old brown shoe 30 year driver

And they have to buy their own trucks
  5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if the driver told his Helper to watch his step getting out of the truck..............
  6. magoo57

magoo57 Member

Did he use three - point contact when exiting the vehicle? He DID lock the panel door.
  7. alister

alister Member

I wonder if his insurance paid for all the damage or if he had to pay some out of his own pocket.
  8. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

Looks like the rear bumper has a small scratch on the top right side!:wink2:
  9. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

The secret is FedEx saves money by hiring people who do not know how to drive/park safely.
    The savings in accident costs over lower wages pays for their image.
  10. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

"I can unload this 100 package bulk stop in 3.2 seconds, IF I can just get this back door open"
  11. Harley Rider

Harley Rider 30 yrs & counting

BINGO SD!!!!

I am constantly amazed at the FedEx drivers I see around town and their driving habits. One driver in particularly that noses his truck into every delivery stop. Only a matter of time till he backs that thing out into traffic and crushes someone that is not paying attention to him.
  12. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

In most cases, FDX does not hire FDX Ground drivers. Most of these trucks, er, package cars, are contract trucks with either the owner driving them or hiring out an owner. It has not been unusual, up til recent legislation in some parts of the country, for an owner to have several "routes", hence, several trucks with several drivers that the owner, not FDX, hires.

Does FDX care about who drives the truck? You make that call. Does UPS care about who drives the contract trucks you see around Christmas time? Again, a no-brainer.

Excuse me. I didn't mean legislation in the first paragraph. I meant rulings.
  13. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Driver to helper: "USE THE HAND RAIL"

I bet this just ruined his day. Can you imagine if the driver managed to flip it on its side. It looks like it would wedge itself in...then that would really be funny.
  14. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

That'll buff right out.
  15. longlunchguy

longlunchguy Runnin on Empty

16. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

^ Best caption for that pic:lol::lol::thumbup1:
  17. browniehound

browniehound Well-Known Member

anybody know how this happened?
  18. rod

rod retired and happy

I would guess a good looking babe in a short skirt was trying to get out of her car along side of him while he was backing up. That's how I lost a billfold one time
  19. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

Thats almost as good as the P1000 that came up for auction last month. 78 miles. They only showed photos from the rear, which showed a clean nice new package car. Said the damage was front end, and that they would only sell it for scrap.

Lemme see how that conversation went when calling the center to report that you totaled a brand new car on the first day out.

20. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

While I can't speak for Ground, when I was at UPS our center was averaging about
    10-15 accidents a month(30 routes)

At my "station" with Express, we have 10 routes, and haven't had a single incident
    in 8 months. I think alot can be said for stress levels, and work load..

Of course I can't imagine how something like the picture above could happen.
    then again it is "Ground"