Get your patches!

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
MiEVPFS.png

overflowed

I checked with management as to the specific language that is being added to the agreement next time I renegotiate. I still have several years on my current agreement so it's entirely optional now. I need to know the new rules to properly estimate the costs of implementation when I negotiate next. Employees would just be handed new uniforms. Do you understand the difference or do I need to use smaller words?
You're worried about the cost of a patch?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not worried, just need the information to properly negotiate the charges paid to me for them. It's not like I'm only buying 1, I have a lot of employees and they all have many shirts and jackets.

In other words, he's cheap. An effing $1.50 patch and $2.00 to sew it on are major costs to an "independent businessman". He's raking it in, and now he says he needs to negotiate the charges with Freddy. If he has a lot of drivers, he's also making a lot of money?

How much, IWBF? 250K? You tell us.

STFXG

In other words, he's cheap. An effing $1.50 patch and $2.00 to sew it on are major costs to an "independent businessman". He's raking it in, and now he says he needs to negotiate the charges with Freddy. If he has a lot of drivers, he's also making a lot of money?

I'd rather spend that cash on a couple rounds of golf...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why should he have to bear the expense of this new policy? Get the patches sewn on and submit a bill to the company.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
that's the beauty of the sub-contractor... they bear most of the operating costs to make FX stocks look better

It will be fine

Jealous much? Can you do math? A couple hundred patches add up, that shouldn't be hard to understand. Why wouldn't I include the cost during negotiations? Should I just give FedEx what they want for free?

fedex_rtd

I like how you keep coming back to your "negotiations" dude...you are locked into a sole source contract, you have no other customers other than FedEx, it's not like you could take your package delivery service and offer your services to UPS or DHL. Heck you can't even sell the area you service to another person or company without FedEx giving their approval.

I suspect that your negotiations are about as even handed as a child "negotiating" a weekly allowance for taking out the trash and picking up dog poop with mom and dad! LOL

It will be fine

I like how you keep coming back to your "negotiations" dude...you are locked into a sole source contract, you have no other customers other than FedEx, it's not like you could take your package delivery service and offer your services to UPS or DHL. Heck you can't even sell the area you service to another person or company without FedEx giving their approval.

I suspect that your negotiations are about as even handed as a child "negotiating" a weekly allowance for taking out the trash and picking up dog poop with mom and dad! LOL
How did your last compensation negotiation go?
There is a range that we'll get paid. We are certainly in a weak position for negotiations, but that doesn't mean we have no control of the outcome. Knowing exactly what your costs are is helpful and gets you more money. I have gotten sizable increases every time I've renegotiated. These are simple concepts.

STFXG

Come on now... The contract is very fair. Especially for us IC's. FedEx comes to us at the end of the summer with new addendums. They tell us we can either accept them within a few weeks or they will let our contract run until it expires and someone else can get it for free! What's not fair about that? You're crazy!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Come on now... The contract is very fair. Especially for us IC's. FedEx comes to us at the end of the summer with new addendums. They tell us we can either accept them within a few weeks or they will let our contract run until it expires and someone else can get it for free! What's not fair about that? You're crazy!

Surely you jest. FedEx is a People company. They would NEVER treat anyone in such a fashion. Why, they are one of the most admired companies in America. Hater!!

bbsam

Staff member
Surely you jest. FedEx is a People company. They would NEVER treat anyone in such a fashion. Why, they are one of the most admired companies in America. Hater!!
We may as well all face it; we're locked in just like the rest of the working stiffs in the world. I just prefer being locked in where I am compared to most others.

Locked in as a Ground contractor sucks; locked in as an Espress courier sucks more. :)

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
you are locked into a sole source contract, you have no other customers other than FedEx, it's not like you could take your package delivery service and offer your services to UPS or DHL. Heck you can't even sell the area you service to another person or company without FedEx giving their approval.

agreed, i haven't seen them taking on other jobs using the delivery vans over the weekends; those cover-up stickers for the FX Logos are non-existent

and some drivers doesn't even receive raises; they'll just find a new sucker to start over and pay entry-level instead of giving raises to some drivers who consistently service their areas well (no claims/disputes)

STFXG

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1433961055.073412.jpg

My next business expense.

Taking custom orders from you express guys. Anyone need an extra inch added to your waist lines?