Helper Union Dues

T

Turdferguson

Very soon. Can't handle these 10 hour days.
MV5BMTYxODU3OTM5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA3NzE1NA%40%40._V1_SY1200_CR93,0,630,1200_.jpg

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
If someone is going to make a FT career you should join. If you're an at will helper for a month you shouldn't be forced to do it.

You can't be forced to join any union here. It's against the law. Hence why union fees are not deducted from driver helpers pay.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You can't be forced to join any union here. It's against the law. Hence why union fees are not deducted from driver helpers pay.
Nor can you be forced here as a seasonal. I'm about as anti union as they come. Trust me. But if you are a FT Driver at UPS, you should be in the union. It doesn't mean you have to vote, or go to meetings, or file grievances. It's just a respect thing.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
They always hit up the temp. newbies for dues when I worked. I always thought that was pretty low knowing they would never be kept on.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
They always hit up the temp. newbies for dues when I worked. I always thought that was pretty low knowing they would never be kept on.

It's probably done in union states more than right-to-work states.

DOK

So, this is my 3rd time doing driver helper. The first year the pay was 12.88/hr before last year it jumped to 15$/hr. Last year the union dues had one big lump of $20+ for one week and like 8.50 for the other 3 weeks in the month. Unfortunately this year it's raised significantly up to $28.50 for all 3 of paychecks so far including the orientation check which was a little much. This can't be right, right?

Helper pay is $8.50 here, wow.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You pay the dues in my local and if you are let go after peak they are returned. If you are kept on after 30 days you payed your initiation. Helper pay is $15.

upschuck

@Showtyme, If you are not in a RTW state, get a withdrawal card from the union, then if you come back again, you get all the money you paid in credited to you.