hitting a dog

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What type of hearing are you talking about? Are you being disciplined for this?
I guess I do not understand your question. Is a letter discipline, if I never got it? I guess it is, if its in my file. And no I am not asking to see my file, my union is doing that.
Is discipline being treated badly for an accident I dont believe I had, I think it is. I have not seen the accident report, I want to know how, with all due respect he determined I hit the dog. The union is getting that info also.

I filed a grievance, called harassment, because at the very least, he should have told me, before he told the whole building, that I was being charged. And then after the pcm tell me, and do I have any questions?
Im not good at this, but I am getting better. I have never had to fight for my integrity. I fought this battle on here, and I feel I won. I really do not care what anyone else thinks but I appreciate all input.
If you think I rest easy about the dog being killed after seeing it dead, no I do not. If you think its over because I got no letter, it is not.
As an animal rescuer, an animal lover, and the proud mommy of many rescued dogs, as I said before, I would have wrecked a commercial vehicle before hitting an animal, child, car, ball, etc. That can be fixed an replaced.
Fixing how I was made to feel with no recourse, I was pushed to a state I never wanted to be.
And now you can post all your swiss chees pics whatever you want to do because it was just wrong period.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was wondering what the hearing was about. I didn't realize that you had filed a grievance. Good for you.

The only settlement that I would agree to would be a public apology at the PCM.
Never wanted to do anything. But I have to clear my name. And thank you I think I did the right thing.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I guess I do not understand your question. Is a letter discipline, if I never got it? I guess it is, if its in my file. And no I am not asking to see my file, my union is doing that.
Is discipline being treated badly for an accident I dont believe I had, I think it is. I have not seen the accident report, I want to know how, with all due respect he determined I hit the dog. The union is getting that info also.

I filed a grievance, called harassment, because at the very least, he should have told me, before he told the whole building, that I was being charged. And then after the pcm tell me, and do I have any questions?
Im not good at this, but I am getting better. I have never had to fight for my integrity. I fought this battle on here, and I feel I won. I really do not care what anyone else thinks but I appreciate all input.
If you think I rest easy about the dog being killed after seeing it dead, no I do not. If you think its over because I got no letter, it is not.
As an animal rescuer, an animal lover, and the proud mommy of many rescued dogs, as I said before, I would have wrecked a commercial vehicle before hitting an animal, child, car, ball, etc. That can be fixed an replaced.
Fixing how I was made to feel with no recourse, I was pushed to a state I never wanted to be.
And now you can post all your swiss chees pics whatever you want to do because it was just wrong period.
I'm curious and I mean no disrespect when I ask this, but after a 20 plus year career here, how are you not aware of the discipline procedures and such of how things are handled by both the union and the company in regards to things like this?

I wouldn't blindly just let the union take care of it. You need to be so involved in the oversight of this process and watch both sides. If you want it to end the right way it should be. I hope you are documenting and collecting evidence on your own as well. You have more of an investment in this fight than both the union or ups.

It's easy to act on emotion and make decisions while being emotionally charged up. But I promise you, decisions solely on emotion never work in the person's favor. Don't let the situation that happened control you. Don't let the way ups handled it and the emotional damage it did control you.

You control how this will be handled by being grounded, firm and take all the emotion out of it. Investigate, collect evidence and present it on your terms. The union will fight for you but you have to be the biggest one fighting for you.

Otherwise they know your weakness is emotional reactions and they will use that against you. Make them prove without a doubt that was an accident you did. Facts facts facts.

Leave the emotions at home and deal with that on your own terms. Don't let them see you upset or crying over this.

Otherwise they will win.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I was wondering what the hearing was about. I didn't realize that you had filed a grievance. Good for you.

The only settlement that I would agree to would be a public apology at the PCM.
That and her record cleared. I would also ask for the harassment to acknowledged by management so she has documented proof of past practices against her if something like this happens again.

The center manager was wrong in the handling. He should answer to the consequences.

AKCoverMan

That and her record cleared.

Yes. No way should the very unfortunate death of a dog that just happened take place near where Tooners PC was in somewhat of a similar time period to when she came somewhat close to the spot of the poor dogs death be the end of a streak of 20+ years safe driving.

They gotta have more in the accident report than that, even if it's all made up. I sure would be anxious to see it.

Toon, I know you don't care about Circle of Honor because your not about the accolades for yourself, I get that. But it is a pretty big achievement and I for one hope that at the end of all these shenanigans they rescind your accident.

And I really hope your :censored2: center manager has to eat some crow in front of you and your center. Even if you HAD hit this dog, what he did is just wrong, wrong, wrong!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What frustrates me about all of this is her "let the union do everything" attitude. BFF is absolutely right-----she needs to take control of her own destiny. If I had heard that union had a copy of the warning letter and had not yet received it I would have been on the phone asking them to forward a copy to me. That is just one of several instances where she needed to be proactive rather than reactive or even passive.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i did not care too much about personal achievements when i was younger but now i do.

i have framed all letters of achievement as well as plagues for years of service milestones.

never became a circle of honor driver but it sure would have been nice.

these things are nice for the children and grandchildren to see because it gives pride to the family.

i would fight to clear my name and driving record.

no regrets.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm curious and I mean no disrespect when I ask this, but after a 20 plus year career here, how are you not aware of the discipline procedures and such of how things are handled by both the union and the company in regards to things like this?

I wouldn't blindly just let the union take care of it. You need to be so involved in the oversight of this process and watch both sides. If you want it to end the right way it should be. I hope you are documenting and collecting evidence on your own as well. You have more of an investment in this fight than both the union or ups.

It's easy to act on emotion and make decisions while being emotionally charged up. But I promise you, decisions solely on emotion never work in the person's favor. Don't let the situation that happened control you. Don't let the way ups handled it and the emotional damage it did control you.

You control how this will be handled by being grounded, firm and take all the emotion out of it. Investigate, collect evidence and present it on your terms. The union will fight for you but you have to be the biggest one fighting for you.

Otherwise they know your weakness is emotional reactions and they will use that against you. Make them prove without a doubt that was an accident you did. Facts facts facts.

Leave the emotions at home and deal with that on your own terms. Don't let them see you upset or crying over this.

Otherwise they will win.

They wont win, no one wins. I am not being led blindly, I am waiting patiently. I was emotional, still am but the tears dont flow anymore, yes they did, shoot me I am female, it is an involuntary reaction, for a while.

The reason I dont know much about discipline, etc, because in my 30+ yr career, working both pt, and ft, I have never had discipline. Until my brother passed away, and I couldnt get paid my funeral leave, I had never filed a grievance. The only accident I have been in that was not charged unavoidable, was breaking off the gas hose. I was under the naive assumption if I did what was asked of me, show up every day, come to work when asked when on vacation, go help people who were going to be out til 10pm, etc, that I would be an employee they liked, because I cared about my job, people and my company.

And I still do. I am not sure why suddenly I was thrown under the bus. But I am not just going to let it go. I am controlling it. The union is who I have to use first, what happens there will determine, what if anything else I have to do. I appreciate the support I have gotten, but I know its up to me to have it handled in a professional manner. And no one else can speak for me.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What frustrates me about all of this is her "let the union do everything" attitude. BFF is absolutely right-----she needs to take control of her own destiny. If I had heard that union had a copy of the warning letter and had not yet received it I would have been on the phone asking them to forward a copy to me. That is just one of several instances where she needed to be proactive rather than reactive or even passive.
I am not letting the union do everything. Except as for any and all information, on this "accident investigation" According to the union contract in my area, they have to send or hand the letter to me. I have my documentation, I have my side of the story. All I can do is wait. If I start acting fanatical, I would appear unstable. Until the end of the story, I will do as I have always done.
It would just be a form letter, telling me I did something wrong, and could result in suspension or termination. But since I never got one, it cannot go forward, and be in a pile of letters, heading to progressive discipline. And termination. I dont have a collection of letters.