hitting a dog

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Next time just stop the truck everytime there's a dog in sight.
Call the center manager and tell him you need someone to come and restrain the dog while you continue on your route.
Did that yesterday with my ride along. It was a long day, and he wanted to go have beer and wings. Kid on the sidewalk, stop, pull over shut down.

oldngray

nowhere special
Those kids playing in the street always got to me. If you hit one it is your fault no matter what but the parents just let their kids play there.

10 point

I hit one a while back. Ran out into street, not on a leash, and I got him. Didn't kill him, was charged but ruled it an unavoidable because of the circumstances. (Not gonna divulge circumstances as it will identify my location.)
Hide the leash.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

too bad, I was doing 5 in a 25

The dog was doing 0 in the weeds.

BTW, I have hit 3 in my career. Killed 2. One was in the road and the other was in a driveway. Was not charged (by UPS) for either one. Received a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident with injury to an animal. Local town justice dismissed the ticket.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I am a little confused. there must be more to this incident.

why does the manager or center manager want to assassinate your character? what does he have against you? are you perceived to be a trouble maker?

you saying that being old and dragging down their numbers doesnt seem to be enough reason to destroy you.

also , i am confused that you are not concerned with being charged with an accident, losing your 23 years of safe driving and the PCM??????????

REALLY?????? if that happened to me at a PCM i would screaming at the top of my lungs I DID NOT HIT THAT FREAKING DOG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry that you are going thru this. i have hit and killed 2 dogs while driving a tractor-trailer. the last one over 20 years ago and every time i see a dog I am reminded of those 2 dogs and it makes me sad.

grieve everything and declare WAR on this manager. you would think fellow package car drivers would stand by you and confront this manager.

good luck. and call in the MARINES!!!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The dog was doing 0 in the weeds.

BTW, I have hit 3 in my career. Killed 2. One was in the road and the other was in a driveway. Was not charged (by UPS) for either one. Received a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident with injury to an animal. Local town justice dismissed the ticket.

The only thing Dave has to worry about in the BOG:

unicorn poop.jpg