Hoffa changes rules in middle of the game

Big Bad Wolf

No. That year our local only had 1 slate running for election and the were all the local's agents and hand picked stewards. Nobody knew they were even talking about raising our union dues until it was too late.

At that moment, I knew that it was best to rid our union of these types of people.

Like I said before, it should have been put out for a general membership vote.
A union for free has zero power.

Where are you pigs now?

10 point

How can we do this if you are asking us to but still taking little pot shots while you ask. Isn't it hypocritical?
What pot shot(s)?

There's no pot shots in anything that I posted. You are trying way too hard to add your own twist on what I asked.
BUG reported on the summary of what I read and heard about Carey's charges. I was just asking if anyone read something different.

Your post just proves to me and others that you just want to fight over anything you can dredge up. You talk about God and Jesus often on here but you lie and stir up trash where there isn't any.
May some of us might want to check out what hypocrisy really means.

What pot shot(s)?

There's no pot shots in anything that I posted. You are trying way too hard to add your own twist on what I asked.
BUG reported on the summary of what I read and heard about Carey's charges. I was just asking if anyone read something different.

Your post just proves to me and others that you just want to fight over anything you can dredge up. You talk about God and Jesus often on here but you lie and stir up trash where there isn't any.
May some of us might want to check out what hypocrisy really means.
The second part of what I quoted is your pot shot. I've never claimed to be perfect. Where have I? I'm full of flaws and so are you. You don't ever talk about Jesus on here but you talk about putting stuff to test and moving on. Then you take a shot.

You brought Jesus into it. What did I lie about? Bring out the quote. You seem confused. Just because someone talks about God (Jesus) doesn't mean they don't do things wrong or there perfect. I though you were a little wiser than I thought. I was wrong.

10 point

The second part of what I quoted is your pot shot. I've never claimed to be perfect. Where have I? I'm full of flaws and so are you. You don't ever talk about Jesus on here but you talk about putting stuff to test and moving on. Then you take a shot.

You brought Jesus into it. What did I lie about? Bring out the quote. You seem confused. Just because someone talks about God (Jesus) doesn't mean they don't do things wrong or there perfect. I though you were a little wiser than I thought. I was wrong.
That paragraph was a pot shot?
That was a statement to encourage the members to take what we got and use it.
We got a few good language changes.
Maybe don't read more into what I said. I was appealing for peace. Evidently, it's a waste of time.

10 point

BTW: I'm only confused about why union members aren't on the same page on obviously simple issues. Otherwise, I'm not at all confused on this forum.
You question my wisdom?
Is that a pot shot? Couldn't care less.

Big Bad Wolf

If you're full of flaws, then how would you be able to tell if other people are flawed, or you're just suffering from delusions? Better to leave the declaration of other people being 'flawed' to someone else.
Did you know Socrates was sentenced to death by a vote of 280 to 221? Athenian law allowed a convicted citizen to propose an alternative punishment to the one called for by the prosecution and the jury would decide. Instead of proposing he be exiled, Socrates suggested he be honored by the city for his contribution to their enlightenment and be paid for his services.
Not so smart after all.

Where are you pigs now?

10 point

Did you know Socrates was sentenced to death by a vote of 280 to 221? Athenian law allowed a convicted citizen to propose an alternative punishment to the one called for by the prosecution and the jury would decide. Instead of proposing he be exiled, Socrates suggested he be honored by the city for his contribution to their enlightenment and be paid for his services.
Not so smart after all.

Where are you pigs now?
Can't blame a guy for trying! :)

If you're full of flaws, then how would you be able to tell if other people are flawed, or you're just suffering from delusions? Better to leave the declaration of other people being 'flawed' to someone else.
Then you are the second guy I know who is without flaw. Hallelujah he's back.

Socrates

Then you are the second guy I know who is without flaw. Hallelujah he's back.
I'm sure your Savior would appreciate you using your Religion as a whipping stick and something you use to batter non-believers with, as opposed to using it as an olive branch into a presumed better way of life. You give your religion a bad name.

Focus on using your time to better yourself, those around you, and those in need of help. Don't worry about folks who don't subscribe to your "I am, by definition, a flawed human being" dogma.

I'm sure your Savior would appreciate you using your Religion as a whipping stick and something you use to batter non-believers with, as opposed to using it as an olive branch into a presumed better way of life. You give your religion a bad name.

Focus on using your time to better yourself, those around you, and those in need of help. Don't worry about folks who don't subscribe to your "I am, by definition, a flawed human being" dogma.
My saviour loves me no matter what. People have killed since the beginning of time in the name of religion. You can't take a little trash talk on an Internet forum go talk to you mom.

10 point

My saviour loves me no matter what. People have killed since the beginning of time in the name of religion. You can't take a little trash talk on an Internet forum go talk to you mom.
The issue was....let's drop the trash talk and go on. Evidently you and your fish from * like to fight and stir it up.
It's a waste of time arguing with biased fools and hypocrites.
Jesus loves everyone but some are still going to Hell. Some of them are going for lying and others for protecting and supporting liars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Socrates

I love talking trash. You must not know about me. What I can't stand is self-righteous people like you, who want to have it both ways - you want to be hailed for your beliefs, and decision-making, and the restraint you show in the face of the vices in our society; but you also want to sit around and judge others, and declare other people to be 'flawed', and all the other no-nos that are supposedly the exclusive domain of your Savior.

You may as well have said "I'm an idiot, and so are you". Who's going to take the word of an idiot to heart?