Hourly Pay/Benefits - Differences Between Fedex Express and UPS

Brown Now

can someone tell me what is top yearly pay for the FedEx freight driver? One the the FedEx freight guys is telling a package driver that they where making more than our package feeder drivers. They claim they get paid per mile and hourly.
Laugh and walk away. Tell him that the guy in that brown package car that just delivered to his house makes more than he does. They top out around $25 an hour at FedEx Freight, and that depends where in the country they are. Some make less.

FedEx Freight is, I believe, the highest paid of all their FedEx divisions. They still don't come close to us.

He might have meant that their road drivers get paid by the mile and when not moving they get paid by the hour. Big deal, most do this. UPS,UPS Freight, ABF,YRC,Conway etc. UPS Freight is the highest paid LTL company in freight.

With that being said. Freight shipments just doesn't generate the revenue that parcels do. That's why FedEx Ground generates so much more then FedExFreight. Packages pay!

Last edited:

Brown Now

On a yearly basis for their road drivers. I would say 70k and up. Some probably come close or even to 6 digits. Those are their highest paid runs however. Heavy seniority drivers.

They also pay a good penny for their health benefits and don't have what we have for a pension. They do however have a 401k with some matching.