How do you defend against dogs?

El Correcto

god is dead
Today a pit charged me from the neighbor's house, I chose to pick up a rock that so happen to be near. Dogs seem to understand what a rock in a human's hand means for them. It did a complete 180 and I didn't even have to bash it's skull in.

Rack em

Made the Podium
One thing I hate is when there is a message in the diad that pops up saying "deliver back door" then there is a dog in the back yard! Today this happened to me... Went to the back door and as soon as I knocked on the door, 2 smaller dogs came rushing out the dog door. Nothing happened, but it could have been bad if the dogs were bigger

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
One thing I hate is when there is a message in the diad that pops up saying "deliver back door" then there is a dog in the back yard! Today this happened to me... Went to the back door and as soon as I knocked on the door, 2 smaller dogs came rushing out the dog door. Nothing happened, but it could have been bad if the dogs were bigger
Yelling really loud, usually gets them out in time to know. Dont run, because you will get a warning letter. Never been bit at work, just on my own time. Got attacked trying to reign in a dalmation rottweiler at home, on my street.

Once I got over the fear, when I heard my own keys jingling, thinking it was a collar on a loose dog, I have much more confidence, and yes they sense it.

If you are fearful, and they smell it, they are on notice, something to be scared of.

My big beautiful, baby doberman, and many others I have had, restored my confidence.

Attachments

• 1356557653864.jpg
    1356557653864.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 171
  • CAM00142.jpg
    CAM00142.jpg
    581.3 KB · Views: 159

rickyb

i have a dog and when hes not listening to me, i do a combination of a yell and a growl while saying a common dog word like "no" or "bad". most people dont get this with their dogs, but it works for me with mine no problem.

probably works on :censored2:s too

wayfair

swollen member
i have a dog and when hes not listening to me, i do a combination of a yell and a growl while saying a common dog word like "no" or "bad". most people dont get this with their dogs, but it works for me with mine no problem.

probably works on :censored2:s too

but, you don't drive for our company...

it's a bit different

AllOnTheHorses

well.. I've stopped knocking. I leave the package (like FedEx) and get on back to the truck. No need to alert the homeowner that I am there and then will accidentally let Rover out to grab me.