How long did you take off for birth of a child

542thruNthru

I took 8 weeks off. Had 9 months to save. It wasn't hard. Did it for my wife more than anything. It's a big life change and she needed help and shouldn't have to feel she is going it alone.

We have guys take it in December all the time. Most do it because that's the first time family can really come out and see the baby and they wanna be there. That's fine with me. Just because it's peak doesn't mean life stops so UPS can deliver packages.

I don't really care anyways its not like UPS isn't allowed to hire seasonals.

542thruNthru

You're right. Born new years day they will be there for peak. Born January 2nd they won't be.

You're to concerned about other people. Honestly when guys take peak off no one even notices.

Faceplanted

I work in a small center. 24-28 routes. 34-38 for Peak.

Every driver, unless on their death bed, is needed.
Ya because ups can't simply get a hub guy or a season off the street hire. Ups would be paying them less as wellsZ. You love the company so much.... The guy taking fmla during peak can save you and your company tons of money!!!!!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Doctor will put the wife on short term disability so she will get some pay if she was working.

35years

Gravy route
FMLA is federal, not state. With FMLA you can take the leave sporadically whenever you want. You can take all 12 weeks every other week if you want. Or you can even take it 1-2 days/week if you want. We have a driver who does just that. He lives with his mom and she is ill and he will take off during the week to take care of her and get her to her appointments and such.
We have State parental leave laws in addition to the federal law.
Our state parental leave laws are far better than the FMLA.:-)
For example, I can demand off to attend before/after school events and conferences at my kids school. Many States have these type of parental leave laws.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It will be a struggle but sadly since I will no longer be posting here you will never know.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1464818832.774249.jpg

Orion inc.

I like turtles
It may not be any of my business but that wouldn't stop me from expressing my opinion if it were to happen in my center.
And you can express it all you want. But don't get mad if someone knocks you out over it. If some other driver was giving me grief over time I take to spend with my kid after being born, well he might not have any teeth left.

One rule about your "opinions ". If they are about someone's family and choices, beat to keep them to yourself.