How much money do Part time Supervisors make per week?

craftspace234

Wondering how much money they make per week.

Some people say 300 per week, but that is hard to believe as my supervisors are working 35 hours a week and get paid about 14.80 from what I know. (Mine usually comes an hour before me and leaves an hour after me. That's 7 hours a day totaling 35 hours a week.)

I would assume most part time sups are around 35 hours a week as well.

14.80 times 35= $518 (I understand taxes lower it. But cant be by over 200 bucks)

So are people lieing when they say its 300 a week? Because as a loader, I could be making close to 300 a week If I worked 35 hours a week.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Have you asked one of the other P/T Supervisors?
Asking other hourly employees is only going to get you BS answers ... as you will see.
Also, I would post this same question in the Partners Forum which is set aside for Management Issues or Questions.

Wondering how much money they make per week.

Some people say 300 per week, but that is hard to believe as my supervisors are working 35 hours a week and get paid about 14.80 from what I know. (Mine usually comes an hour before me and leaves an hour after me. That's 7 hours a day totaling 35 hours a week.)

I would assume most part time sups are around 35 hours a week as well.

14.80 times 35= $518 (I understand taxes lower it. But cant be by over 200 bucks)

So are people lieing when they say its 300 a week? Because as a loader, I could be making close to 300 a week If I worked 35 hours a week.
One million dollars

rod

Retired 22 years
Have you asked one of the other P/T Supervisors?
Asking other hourly employees is only going to get you BS answers. as you will see.
Also, I would post this same question in the Partners Forum ..which is set aside for Management Issues or Questions.

And asking management is guaranteed to get you the correct answers because management never lies.

Nimnim

The Nim
PT sups are salary for 27.5 hours, if they work past that they get paid hourly based on their rate and OT kicks in sometime, I get conflicting answers when I talk to PT sups about it.

Their rate of pay is based on a formula of what their hourly rate was before they went into supervision, and raises are a real crap shoot for them.

It'd be safe to estimate a fairly new PT sup somewhere around $15/hr give or take a couple dollars so base salary would be $15 x 27.5 = $412.5 pre tax, then you have to add in the insurance they may be paying for and anything else they may have deducted. The PT sups in my area are also paid bi weekly so double the $412.5 to $825 then tax and deduct stuff. To be conservative let's go with a higher tax rate of 15%, so 825 x 0.85 = $701.25. I don't know how much they may have deducted but it wouldn't be out of the ballpark for another $100 so about $600 for 2 weeks, or $300 a week.

Just to do the math at $13/hr 13 x 27.5 = 357.5 x 2 = 715 x 0.85 = 607.75. In this case if you took another $100 out for other deductions it'd bring it down to just over $500 for two weeks or just over $250 a week.

Unlike the union there's no clear way to determine how much a PT sup makes other than asking them, you can guess, but it's not likely to be too accurate.

You might want to talk to your sort manager if you're interested in going into PT supervision for the money, your chances for advancement are next to nil, but in the short term the money is better and it looks good on a resume. The sort manager should be able to give you more accurate information about where you'd be if you went into supervision.

Also the hours during peak are special, my current sup almost never worked their full 27.5 salary time outside of peak, but now he's easily pulling 30+ just from my shift and he's coming in to help other shifts.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
PT sups are salary for 27.5 hours, if they work past that they get paid hourly based on their rate and OT kicks in sometime, I get conflicting answers when I talk to PT sups about it.
Craftspace ... this reply from nimnim is a good solid reply.
I stand corrected.

It would still be a good idea to post in Partners Forum.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Dr.-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png

Nimnim

The Nim
Just know that because he is working 35 hours a week does not mean he is getting paid for 35 hours a week.

I'd love to know why you say that. PT sups are salary, but they also get paid beyond their salary and if they're not paid there is recourse and they will be paid even if it takes some paperwork and time.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
PT supervisors are salaried at 27.5 hours/week and receive OT if they go over that or go over 5.5 hours/day. Their raises are roughly 1-3% a year, depending on how much their FT likes them. Most of them are bumped up to ~$14-16/hr when they're promoted.

Very rarely are they going to receive OT (over 27.5/week) outside of peak unless there's a very specific operational need (running an outbound PD with hot loads, covering for a FT supervisor on vacation, etc.) and I've regularly seen supervisors forced to come in 1-2 hours late or leave 1-2 hours early in order to avoid OT.

blkmamba

I'd love to know why you say that. PT sups are salary, but they also get paid beyond their salary and if they're not paid there is recourse and they will be paid even if it takes some paperwork and time.

As a former sup, it was common to work 30 hours but get your hours reduced to 27.5 because it was considered unauthorized o/t. Whenever, a supervisor would make an issue of it they would find some reason to get rid of him.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As a former sup, it was common to work 30 hours but get your hours reduced to 27.5 because it was considered unauthorized o/t. Whenever, a supervisor would make an issue of it they would find some reason to get rid of him.
From what you have posted here and in the past, your center was the exception and run by dishonest people.

Nimnim

The Nim

Well doesn't that sound corrupt and begging for a hotline call or lawsuit.

Under normal circumstances this doesn't happen, unauthorized o/t can happen and at least from what I've heard in my location a writeup is done but they are still paid. Else when o/t isn't authorized the pt sup is sent home early a day or two to ensure they don't breach 27.5.

craftspace234

Well how much do they end up paying for insurance?

Because it seems to me after taxes and insurance, they get paid the same as a loader who just started out

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
When I was a part time supervisor on the preload, my salary was based on 25 hours a week. That was about 75% of a drivers 40 hour week. I actually averaged 35 to 40 hours a week with 200 miles plus on my personal vehicle. Was never compensated any extra hours or mileage. Main reason I stayed a driver and did not go into full time supervision.

Mack Grant

PT sups start at around 14.50 an hour, and are payed a "guarantee" of 27.5 hours a week. But you shouldn't care because you don't want to be a pt sup, unless you understand that in all likelihood that is the last job you will ever have at UPS.

blkmamba

Well doesn't that sound corrupt and begging for a hotline call or lawsuit.

Under normal circumstances this doesn't happen, unauthorized o/t can happen and at least from what I've heard in my location a writeup is done but they are still paid. Else when o/t isn't authorized the pt sup is sent home early a day or two to ensure they don't breach 27.5.

It was interesting how many part time sups complained and were then fired. We did go through 2 cms in a year, not sure if they were fired of transferred.