I knew it was only a matter of time.

vantexan

Hey DTP, at least be accurate. The oil subsidies go primarily to smaller oil firms, wildcatters, who need the breaks as exploration and development of sites is very expensive. Keep in mind too that when you pay those high prices at the pump the taxes you pay per gallon are higher than the profits the oil companies get. Yes they make alot of profit, but they also pay well. As for welfare, when will you realize that gov't assistance is more sustainable when we have enough revenue coming in from a healthy thriving economy? Just taking away from business, or worse yet greatly increasing the cost of business with programs like Obamacare, only increases the likelihood of economic collapse. Taken it it's totality, we end up with 17 trillion in debt and growing. Don't kid yourself that the spending can go on forever with no disastrous results. We need a social safety net. We don't need a President determined to spread the wealth around in ways that'll keep us all down. And yes there are unfortunately corporate examples of greed that reinforce stereotypes. But until you come up with a system that employs everyone willing to work in a sustainable, thriving environment that's better than what we have we're stuck with this one.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Ye
You mean the masses who turned out for Obama because a conservative government might restrict welfare, food stamps, and other subsidies? Yeah, it's all about belief in Uncle Sugar.
yeah me and millions of working class whites voted just for that reason, lol...Until republicans realize most of the country thinks they are nuts then we'll never see another republican president.

Last edited:

Slick silver

Go on Netflix and watch it. It's nothing new about big corporation. Basically it's about big corps not pay taxes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
You were the one bragging that ground wasn't delaying raises. Now they are, to help make the appearance of more profit and you are still guzzling the kool aid. Both you and bb see that Fred will not simply take from Express but now he is starting to take from his cash cow, Ground. That is your evidence, CJ. It doesn't matter that we are different opco, it all goes into the same pot.
I got my raise in February.

DontThrowPackages

Hey DTP, at least be accurate. The oil subsidies go primarily to smaller oil firms, wildcatters, who need the breaks as exploration and development of sites is very expensive. Keep in mind too that when you pay those high prices at the pump the taxes you pay per gallon are higher than the profits the oil companies get. Yes they make alot of profit, but they also pay well. As for welfare, when will you realize that gov't assistance is more sustainable when we have enough revenue coming in from a healthy thriving economy? Just taking away from business, or worse yet greatly increasing the cost of business with programs like Obamacare, only increases the likelihood of economic collapse. Taken it it's totality, we end up with 17 trillion in debt and growing. Don't kid yourself that the spending can go on forever with no disastrous results. We need a social safety net. We don't need a President determined to spread the wealth around in ways that'll keep us all down. And yes there are unfortunately corporate examples of greed that reinforce stereotypes. But until you come up with a system that employs everyone willing to work in a sustainable, thriving environment that's better than what we have we're stuck with this one.
For one, I do believe Shell and the others are getting that tax break. Maybe these "wildcatters" are really the big old companies in sheeps clothing. Two, the biggest welfare i didn't mention...the military. China, Russia, the United Kingdom, Japan, France, Saudi Arabia, India, Germany, Italy and Brazil. Do you know if you total up the money they spend on their military and combine it, that number is still lower that what American spends on its military? Just think about that. American Spends more money on military than then next 11 countries combined. Thats sick. Thats the biggest welfare scam of all. Tyron is an ant compared to defense spending.
And to add, on corporations. If they continue to low ball its average working person, the economy will continue to struggle as well. But that's another topic really.

MAKAVELI

You included me in the post I quoted.
I didn't state your raise was delayed. But you have stated that Express is taking your drivers and not giving you enough to keep them from leaving. Sounds like Fred has decided that he is not going to pay anymore than what he is and is starting to take back little by little. Just like he has done at Express. They know they aren't going to reach that $1.6 billion they promised investors with Express by itself.

bbsam

Staff member
I didn't state your raise was delayed. But you have stated that Express is taking your drivers and not giving you enough to keep them from leaving. Sounds like Fred has decided that he is not going to pay anymore than what he is and is starting to take back little by little. Just like he has done at Express. They know they aren't going to reach that $1.6 billion they promised investors with Express by itself.
I think the reports from drivers leaving are beginning to filter back to the folks at Ground and not in favor of Express.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You might be surprised. Somebody taking home $630/week for 50 hours has some decisions to make about whether $14.50/hr for 30 hours is worth it

Hey, that's some big money there. $12.60 per hour with no benefits at Ground....Mercedes time.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey, that's some big money there. $12.60 per hour with no benefits at Ground....Mercedes time.
your math sucks. I specifically said "take home" as in after taxes. But to the broader point, each driver has to decide for him/herself.

MAKAVELI

You might be surprised. Somebody taking home $630/week for 50 hours has some decisions to make about whether $14.50/hr for 30 hours is worth it
50 hours at $14.50 would be about the same with 10 hours of ot. You're not helping yourself with that argument.

bbsam

Staff member
50 hours at $14.50 would be about the same with 10 hours of ot. You're not helping yourself with that argument.
Again, I'm not trying to help myself. It's up to each driver. Some would obviously jump at Express but for many others, $14.50/hour for 30 hours minus $50/week for crappy insurance? Might not be as lucrative as you think.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
your math sucks. I specifically said "take home" as in after taxes. But to the broader point, each driver has to decide for him/herself.

OK, Mr. Generous...what is gross pay? Flat rate scam or low hourly rate scam? You choose.

MAKAVELI

$850/wk. Do your magic, math wiz.
Works out to about $15.50 an hour with 10 hours ot. It's funny that now you are saying we have a crap ins plan when you have posted how we have such a great deal compared to the exchange. Why don't you offer the same crap plan to your drivers and you wouldn't have to worry about them leaving?