Idea for a new thread....

If this is giving you second thoughts, DON'T GO DRIVING!!! This is the reality of driving for UPS these days. I wish I could go back to preloading. I would do it in a heartbeat.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Well, what say you Dragon? Oh....I forgot........Your center is in an alternate universe.
Setting me up to succeed once again!

My dock stops were up on shelf one and two. The 45-stop residential cut from an adjacent route that got eliminated is in the pile on the floor, although some of them are also scattered randomly on the different shelves due to the preloader not having time to cross the old PAL label off and write the new one on with a crayon. Those packages are therefore loaded on the same shelf that they were supposed to be on in the route that got cut out.

I guess I need to be a bit more patient. The building I work out of has only been operating for 25 years. They probably just need a little more time to work the bugs out. I am confident that, some day, every route will be loaded they way they do when the driver is getting an OJS.

View attachment 5479

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Wow....I thought we had the only human package blower in existence. Sounds like he has a twin. Right down to the race card.
was a regular day

That is due to one particular loader. I call him the human package blower. 20+ year employee who doesn't care and any time they try to reprimand him he pulls the race card.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Dragon...Can you spare Rebecca of Donneybrook farm? I'm sure IE can transport her to our universe.
99% of the time, the "bad preloader" is just another hard-working person like myself who has been intentionally set up to fail by their management team.

When 2 entire routes get eliminated 15 minutes before start time in order to comply with some idiotic corporate mandate..... and the belt is clogged with irregs...... and the few preloaders who are left are frantically running up and down the belt flinging packages into the nearest car while a preload sup chases them around and screams at them to get off of the clock....I dont see any point in blaming a 19 year old kid who is making $10 an hour for my crappy load. Like me, he has intentionally been given a task that is hopeless. Like me he is just the messenger of the bad news that the half-assed, crack pipe delusion of a "plan" that has been hatched up by management is going to fail once again. Why bother getting mad at a fellow cog in the wheel? He gets paid to fling the boxes into my car, I get paid to sheet them as missed and bring them back at 8:30 at night, and my "management" team gets paid to look good on the daily report. Who am I to argue with the superior wisdom of such a plan?