If 89 votes no again, pay attention!

Inthegame

I'm sure she appreciated the intelligent discussion of the issues our members are dealing with on a daily basis.
She's heard plenty and lets most of it go. She also has bigger stones than most of the "male" leaders she goes up against. She just never figured out how (or attempted) to integrate her positions with the existing leadership (Hoffa) so her influence is diminished. A shame really as she is bright, has much to offer and could be a major labor force.

Irishman Collins

Aren't you in Ohio? If that's the case, you don't continue to vote no since the rider passed last month.

I can't really get behind the "We don't got nothin and they're taking that away too!" from someone who makes $90k a year to throw boxes. If you aren't happy with your life, it ain't because of lack of pay. The company isn't responsible for any other reason you might have.

This argument comes up all the time. The general public, most of whom went to school for 4 years, became a professional in their field, make half what a UPS driver makes, and don't have the benefits a UPS driver has, are not going to rally around us like we're some neighborhood heroes over a $100 co-pay or a charge of harassment. They couldn't care less if their stuff comes in a brown truck, white truck, mail truck, package drone, etc.
Paycheck, so what your saying is that because we make so much money we should let the Company take more from us? I guess your one of the people who think professional athletes shouldn't make the money they make? If a Union is successful continuing good pay and benefits they shouldn't just stop trying because the general public thinks that their benefits and pay are excessive. Should we let non union workers or owners of companies dictate to us what our pay should be? Hell no and I don't care what the general public thinks about our pay. If they don't like their jobs then Unionize! You speak like you are management or someone that clearly doesn't understand what it means to be Union. If the company is doing well, then they should continue to pay fair wages and benefits.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Paycheck, so what your saying is that because we make so much money we should let the Company take more from us? I guess your one of the people who think professional athletes shouldn't make the money they make? If a Union is successful continuing good pay and benefits they shouldn't just stop trying because the general public thinks that their benefits and pay are excessive. Should we let non union workers or owners of companies dictate to us what our pay should be? Hell no and I don't care what the general public thinks about our pay. If they don't like their jobs then Unionize! You speak like you are management or someone that clearly doesn't understand what it means to be Union. If the company is doing well, then they should continue to pay fair wages and benefits.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You should have worked for ford or gm in the 70's and 80's. You would have been a god.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

She's heard plenty and lets most of it go. She also has bigger stones than most of the "male" leaders she goes up against. She just never figured out how (or attempted) to integrate her positions with the existing leadership (Hoffa) so her influence is diminished. A shame really as she is bright, has much to offer and could be a major labor force.

She lacks the business acumen to run a major union in today's business environment.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Sent using BrownCafe App
They don't dictate our wages. They don't try to. However, when you post drivel like "Our union should go to the media with this story!" or "The public will support us if we strike!" you are asking for them to make a judgement of your pay scale. And they will look at it and decide you can probably deal with it. You're the one bringing the public into the equation, not me. I have no problem with how much pro athletes make, but if professional athlete's threatened a strike over a $100 co-pay and asked for my support, I'd fall off my chair laughing.

10 point

Aren't you in Ohio? If that's the case, you don't continue to vote no since the rider passed last month.

I can't really get behind the "We don't got nothin and they're taking that away too!" from someone who makes $90k a year to throw boxes. If you aren't happy with your life, it ain't because of lack of pay. The company isn't responsible for any other reason you might have.

This argument comes up all the time. The general public, most of whom went to school for 4 years, became a professional in their field, make half what a UPS driver makes, and don't have the benefits a UPS driver has, are not going to rally around us like we're some neighborhood heroes over a $100 co-pay or a charge of harassment. They couldn't care less if their stuff comes in a brown truck, white truck, mail truck, package drone, etc.
A. The general public, degree or no degree, doesn't work near as hard as ups drivers.

B. New York City populous response on 804's firing of their drivers proves you dead wrong.

Johnny Paycheck

A. The general public, degree or no degree, doesn't work near as hard as ups drivers.

B. New York City populous response on 804's firing of their drivers proves you dead wrong.
A. You really believe that a UPS driver is the hardest working profession in the country? You're a delivery boy with tough quotas. Lots of people have tough quotas and long hours. You should quit if it's killing you.

B. The public support was for a steward wrongly fired and those who had supported him. I doubt the public would be willing to support a steward fired for stealing time and those who clocked in before participating in an illegal strike, which is what the facts are, as admitted by the union.

10 point

A. You really believe that a UPS driver is the hardest working profession in the country? You're a delivery boy with tough quotas. Lots of people have tough quotas and long hours. You should quit if it's killing you.

B. The public support was for a steward wrongly fired and those who had supported him. I doubt the public would be willing to support a steward fired for stealing time and those who clocked in before participating in an illegal strike, which is what the facts are, as admitted by the union.
Not only are you clueless but you twist and delete info to fit your degrading posts.
It's evident that you're a management troll.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You should have worked for ford or gm in the 70's and 80's. You would have been a god.
Ford and GM are not us. We didn't start making crappy cars and thought Americans should buy them because we made them.

Yes we are paid well. Yes we do have good benefits.

But some on here (Stink, 407, Mr. Bojangles) think that we should give a little back to guarantee that we still have jobs down the line.

UPS made over 4 billion in profits in 2013. I think they will do a little worse this year. Partly their own fault for allowing this contract mess to continue for so long over saving a few pennies.

You watch, UPS will have way more than 4 billion in profits in 2017, the last full year of our contract.

If Stink and the gang think that we should give back to UPS, it's funny how I never hear them making any sacrifices.

Johnny Paycheck

Not only are you clueless but you twist and delete info to fit your degrading posts.
It's evident that you're a management troll.
What info have I twisted? Sorry, just a hub rat who doesn't think the world owes me my every wish just because I throw boxes. I clock in at job #1 at 7 am and clock out of UPS at 10:30 PM, but the world doesn't owe me :censored2:. Try to keep that in mind.

10 point

To prove how stupid your response was you can answer why the public outrage wasn't directly after the first driver was fired but after 250 were.

Evidently, you were a 30 day wonder before you went full time management.

Johnny Paycheck

To prove how stupid your response was you can answer why the public outrage wasn't directly after the first driver was fired but after 250 were.

Evidently, you were a 30 day wonder before you went full time management.
You can keep calling me management all you want, it doesn't change a thing.

10 point

What info have I twisted? Sorry, just a hub rat who doesn't think the world owes me my every wish just because I throw boxes. I clock in at job #1 at 7 am and clock out of UPS at 10:30 PM, but the world doesn't owe me :censored2:. Try to keep that in mind.
Learn to read and comprehend.
You have an opinion but still don't have a clue. Troll.

Ford and GM are not us. We didn't start making crappy cars and thought Americans should buy them because we made them.

Yes we are paid well. Yes we do have good benefits.

But some on here (Stink, 407, Mr. Bojangles) think that we should give a little back to guarantee that we still have jobs down the line.

UPS made over 4 billion in profits in 2013. I think they will do a little worse this year. Partly their own fault for allowing this contract mess to continue for so long over saving a few pennies.

You watch, UPS will have way more than 4 billion in profits in 2017, the last full year of our contract.

If Stink and the gang think that we should give back to UPS, it's funny how I never hear them making any sacrifices.
I hope you are right realbrown1. I hope we have 6 to 8 billion in profits when the next negotiations start. A other 5 years of good wage benefits and pension.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My point is the way business is done today is not the same as the early '80s.

Sent using BrownCafe App
So we should tuck our tails between our legs and go along to get along?
At what point does society say, the pendulum has swung far enough toward big business and to far away from middle America?
History bears that what we give away, will likely never be recouped.

I say there was no reason to give concessions to UPS.