If 89 votes no again, pay attention!

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
So now I just want to be in management. Interesting. I just think that we make good money to do a job. And it's a good job. If that means that I "want to be management" that's fine. But based on how your previous theories have gone, I'd have to question your newest one also. Just because I don't get up and shout with the "We ain't got nothin' and they're taking that away too!" crowd, doesn't mean I dream of ever managing you babies.

A management job is not hard to get. They practically throw PT sup promotions at new hires until one of them takes it and quits 4 weeks down the road. I'm a top-10 loader at my hub, If I wanted to be management, all I'd have to do is raise my hand.
You feel you get paid well as a part-timer? Where do you live? Somolia?

Stonefish

So now I just want to be in management. Interesting. I just think that we make good money to do a job. And it's a good job. If that means that I "want to be management" that's fine. But based on how your previous theories have gone, I'd have to question your newest one also. Just because I don't get up and shout with the "We ain't got nothin' and they're taking that away too!" crowd, doesn't mean I dream of ever managing you babies.

A management job is not hard to get. They practically throw PT sup promotions at new hires until one of them takes it and quits 4 weeks down the road. I'm a top-10 loader at my hub, If I wanted to be management, all I'd have to do is raise my hand.
Do waste your time with these woe is me girls. If they got what they asked for they would still moan. They didn't show up at the proposal meetings and complain about the contract.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
You feel you get paid well as a part-timer? Where do you live? Somolia?
If hub rats worked full time, it'd be a damn good job. There aren't any other jobs that pay better without some kind of degree or trade school other than construction or landscaping, and I've done both. The hours are :censored2:, the work is seasonal and completely dependent on whether your employer can get work for you to do, and there's no union. When I worked in landscaping, I might work 1 day on a given week and 6 days the next week.

Rholly

Hoffa is a lame duck. Hall has a lot of loyalists and Sean O'brien is going to be an animal. Sean O ain't going away and his following is massive. Unlike pope and zuckerman Sean's people really vote. Don't take it to hard when it doesn't work out the way you hope.
In the back of the recent Teamster Mag. O'brian was brought up on changes for intimidating his members if they didn't vote the way he said to. Not sure why anyone would vote for a jerk like that.

Rholly

Are you trying to say that the 24 RTW states were put in place and FedEx was put in the railway labor act under this administration? Did the Taft-Hartley Act start under this administration? Did FedEx start their business under this administration? Are you saying the union didn't back the members in 804?
There is no way Fred is going to beat Ken.
What he is saying is that this administration has done nothing on either cause. And yes the number of right to work state has increased under this administration.

10 point

A. You really believe that a UPS driver is the hardest working profession in the country? You're a delivery boy with tough quotas. Lots of people have tough quotas and long hours. You should quit if it's killing you.

B. The public support was for a steward wrongly fired and those who had supported him. I doubt the public would be willing to support a steward fired for stealing time and those who clocked in before participating in an illegal strike, which is what the facts are, as admitted by the union.
To be specific, I never said that the UPS driver's job was the "hardest working profession in the country"... you did.
And as for who supports us in the general public all you've got to do is read the internet news (on location) and watch the videos to see the outrage against the company for screwing with "their drivers"...not just one so maybe twisting the stories and what I posted shows you have an anti driver/worker attitude portrayed in your own words on this forum.

Wake up. You can't lie out of your own posts and us drivers aren't going to let you babble on about things you obviously dont know or are willing to embellish to diminish our backing by the mass populous we service.

The company prospers by our close relationship with our customers and no amount of your :bsbullf: is going to bury that fact.

10 point

I don't even have to do this, but just because I am all about making an idiot look like an idiot...

41921907-86a0-4e9d-a68c-797342040a4d_zps6ff6824a.png

That's my most recent paycheck. Note the date. You might also note the phrase "UnionDue" included. Hmmm, a supervisor that pays union dues, that's just weird.
Sups may as well pay union dues. From Davis on down they owe Hoffa/ Hall on this TA.

brown_trousers

Yeah but I left government work for the ultra-lucrative union busting field. Just ask realbrown all about it, he's uncovered my plot. The secret is to infiltrate the union while not hating your job/life. They'll swear that you're a management goon sent to poison the union with your "Maybe this is an alright job and the company isn't Hitler." opinion. Management hand selected me because I have experience in jobs that are actually worse/harder than UPS.

dont take it too personal... some people here would have you believe that if you're not willing to sacrifice your firstborn, wife, and left nut for the union,then you are a scumbag who doesnt deserve to be in a union or even live...

and also have you believe that all management, with no exception, serve satan himself.

Some of our union brothers are just miserable in their jobs and cant stand the thought that you arent as miserable as they are.

So if you like your job, good for you, keep doin whatever you are doing. Because there is a lot more to life than the time we spend at work

Stonefish

What he is saying is that this administration has done nothing on either cause. And yes the number of right to work state has increased under this administration.
What did Carey or his predecessors do to stop RTW, change the NLRB or Taft Hartley or get FedEx out of the RLA?

Irishman Collins

We don't work for ford or G.M. we don't see a downward trend in U.P.S's profits. In fact every year internet commerce increases which would tend to make common sense thinkers think that the future trend will be more profit for U.P.S. You are right I believe that when ford and G.M. began to see negative trends maybe there should have been more concessions given by the U.A.W. but that simply isn't the case here and for anyone to suggest so is ridiculous.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

You should have worked for ford or gm in the 70's and 80's. You would have been a god.
We don't work for ford or G.M. we don't see a downward trend in U.P.S's profits. In fact every year internet commerce increases which would tend to make common sense thinkers think that the future trend will be more profit for U.P.S. You are right I believe that when ford and G.M. began to see negative trends maybe the U.A.W. should have given more concessions but that simply isn't the case here and for anyone to suggest so is ridiculous.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

We don't work for ford or G.M. we don't see a downward trend in U.P.S's profits. In fact every year internet commerce increases which would tend to make common sense thinkers think that the future trend will be more profit for U.P.S. You are right I believe that when ford and G.M. began to see negative trends maybe there should have been more concessions given by the U.A.W. but that simply isn't the case here and for anyone to suggest so is ridiculous.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yet

10 point

For the record, drivers aren't griping about their pay to the public.

The issues are abusive overtime and poor labor relations (& all that goes with that), etc.

I've never heard a customer be disrespectful to me due to the hourly wage I make because they know we earn it. If you don't believe that you are far removed from the UPS drivers world.

Stonefish

For the record, drivers aren't griping about their pay to the public.

The issues are abusive overtime and poor labor relations (& all that goes with that), etc.

I've never heard a customer be disrespectful to me due to the hourly wage I make because they know we earn it. If you don't believe that you are far removed from the UPS drivers world.
You must not have been around after the 97 strike because after UPS published pay rates in the news there were customers that would not help drivers and leave pallots on the other side of the dock.