Important question: would you ship your package using UPS?

GenericUsername

I just skip the UPS Store and go to the customer counter. I'd trust our guys to deliver something that is an important item than the other idiots we see doing stupid stuff all day long.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
UPS delivered a package to me (the driver claimed) at 3:05 on a Saturday. My security cameras say otherwise. What happened to it? Did the driver steal it? One thing for sure, it never made it to my porch. My daughter sent me a package from 250 miles away. It never got here. During peak, a driver misdelivered 2 packages meant for me about 10 houses down on my street. Neighbor didn't know me. He took it to a UPS store to be RTS'd. One of the shippers refused to do business with me after that, since it claimed I "refused" their package. I use USPS now. on the average, it's 1-2 days slower, but it gets there. They have never lost one of my packages.

JustDeliverIt

When I was still PT my other job was at a small business that used UPS. I used their account all the time if I needed to ship stuff and never had a problem. It was also way cheaper than the customer counter. Was always surprised that as a UPS employee we didn’t get better rates to ship stuff.

HyperBrn

I would use UPS to ship just about anything. But whenever I see a 55"+ TV in my PC I half cringe and half laugh. I would rather pay $100 more and buy local than have a large TV shipped via ground shipping.

clean hairy

I would use UPS to ship just about anything. But whenever I see a 55"+ TV in my PC I half cringe and half laugh. I would rather pay $100 more and buy local than have a large TV shipped via ground shipping.
Plus the expense of returning it if there is an issue with it.
Buy locally, any issue, take it back and exchange it.
Even if a bit more expensive, less issues.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I just skip the UPS Store and go to the customer counter. I'd trust our guys to deliver something that is an important item than the other idiots we see doing stupid stuff all day long.

The Company has recently decided to get rid of its Customer Counters, and the Union positions associated with them. They been chasing our customers to these UPS Stores and outlets for over ten years now. I ship UPS if I could, they did lose a package and tried to file a claim once. Their new claims department is outsourced, I gave up trying to go through their menu, my time and mental health was simply not worth the value of the package.

Cowboy Mac

The Company has recently decided to get rid of its Customer Counters, and the Union positions associated with them. They been chasing our customers to these UPS Stores and outlets for over ten years now. I ship UPS if I could, they did lose a package and tried to file a claim once. Their new claims department is outsourced, I gave up trying to go through their menu, my time and mental health was simply not worth the value of the package.
The lady serving me my Chinese food said she worked for UPS for 3 years in Indonesia for customer service. At least I think that’s what she said. It explains a lot anyways.

Zowert

My wife and I have a FFL so I can get firearms shipped to my house (technically a business, I do a bit of gunsmith’ing on the weekends). It’s always UPS that delivers and picks them up. Never had an issue. It helps that we’ve had the same driver for almost a decade now. I’d never EVER trust FedEx when it comes to shipping firearms, especially the antiques that I typically work on.

clean hairy

Any word on when they will have all cust closed?
The ones around here are still running....

worldwide

If you need to ship something, use a company like Shippo or PirateShip. They get huge discounts from UPS and USPS and you will pay less than The UPS Store or Customer Center. Print your label and drop it off yourself and save.