Indeed job offer Ground 140.00 a day no benefits

vantexan

What is this drivel? This is America. If you want to earn good money, earn it. Not all jobs should provide you a life of luxury with no effort. There is nothing preventing anyone from learning a skilled trade. The amount of excuses you people are coming up with to justify sloth is pathetic. The soft bigotry of low expectations is not compassion.
What's glaring about your argument is Ground doesn't have advancement to a better life within a contractor's organization. It's just a placeholder until you leave to go elsewhere for a better life. Would seem for someone wanting to do this kind of work that they'd be infinitely better off getting on with UPS.

Meat

What is this drivel? This is America. If you want to earn good money, earn it. Not all jobs should provide you a life of luxury with no effort. There is nothing preventing anyone from learning a skilled trade. The amount of excuses you people are coming up with to justify sloth is pathetic. The soft bigotry of low expectations is not compassion.

You seem to be confusing expecting a life of luxury with expecting a living wage - two very different things.

Furthermore, what does working your ass off in a low paying job have to do with indolence?

You seem to be equating collecting a welfare check with being working-poor.

It will be fine

What's glaring about your argument is Ground doesn't have advancement to a better life within a contractor's organization. It's just a placeholder until you leave to go elsewhere for a better life. Would seem for someone wanting to do this kind of work that they'd be infinitely better off getting on with UPS.
That’s not really true anymore. The minimum scale a contractor would need in my building is about 15 trucks. That requires a management staff beyond the contractor. I have guys that were drivers for me and now are in charge of 7-8 drivers. They get paid well and often don’t have drive themselves at all. It’s true most drivers won’t advance, but saying there’s no path is incorrect.

Brownwind

If you say so, that doesn’t change the fact that they’ll get applicants. It’ll be a step up for someone or they wouldn’t take the job.
I say so. Delivering is not easy. Heavy boxes and aggressive schedules are the norm.

You are correct though that they are hiring because they can get away with it. Not sure if it’s a step anywhere though.

It will be fine

You seem to be confusing expecting a life of luxury with expecting a living wage - two very different things.

Furthermore, what does working your ass off in a low paying job have to do with indolence?

You seem to be equating collecting a welfare check with being working-poor.
Living wage is a nonsense term. I was able to live on a fraction of what my drivers make now. It wasn’t very comfortable. That’s why I kept working to better my situation.

Living wage is a nonsense term. I was able to live on a fraction of what my drivers make now. It wasn’t very comfortable. That’s why I kept working to better my situation.
NwpUc9BjPQGCQ.gif

vantexan

That’s not really true anymore. The minimum scale a contractor would need in my building is about 15 trucks. That requires a management staff beyond the contractor. I have guys that were drivers for me and now are in charge of 7-8 drivers. They get paid well and often don’t have drive themselves at all. It’s true most drivers won’t advance, but saying there’s no path is incorrect.
Fair enough. But not the case in many rural locations. The drivers are being held by the short hairs.

bacha29

My oldest son got hooked up with the Marcellus a year or so before Trump got in. He made $1000.00 a day. Made over a million in 5 years. Biden swore in. All good things must end.
I can't get him to do anything. I guess he doesn't have to.
March gas averaged $10.85 a thousand. Held it's own pretty good given the mild winter. If Sabine Pass (Cheniere) and Driftwood (Tellurian) hit full production it should sop up quite a bit of the huge gas inventory pretty quick.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
So you’re saying there’s a chance, infinitesimally small, but a chance. That makes all the difference. It’s job for suckers. And you’re facilitating a slave wage job. How’s the benefits? 🤣🤣🤣

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Speaking of management, I see many similarities with UPS management and you.
How you treat and what you think of drivers and the level you prop your own self up.

CookiePuss

Also the ad said overtime I think that means you will work overtime not be paid overtime. Also a 401k at 140.00 a day I’m sure the contributions will be huge . No word on how much you can make delivering egg rolls and pizza.
I made between $1000 and $1200 per week delivering pizzas in Athens, GA………. In 1998!
It’s murder on your vehicle but you can make decent money doing it.