Integrad Training?

Theichii

Driver drill is while you are riding down the road and you have to call out your eye lead time (8-12 seconds down the road) like a sign or a marker, your following distance (4-6 seconds if under 30 mph, 6-8 if over) then you look at your nearest right intersection (driveway, street, etc.) for any cars or pedestrians if you see one you say "right intersection dirty" if not it's "Clean." then you look to your right mirror and see if there are any cars or pedestrians behind you, if there are it is "right mirror dirty" or "Clean". then you look back to the front and call out your eye lead time, and following distance once again, then you go to your left side. Each side should take you 2 seconds and the front should take you 5-8 seconds hence the "look to the front every 2 seconds, look to the rear every 5-8" part of the ten point commentary. i had to do this for 5 minutes it's annoying as hell.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
no checklist, because it makes no difference. within the pretrip, the beginning step, is reviewing and signing off on the DVIR (vehicle report) stating that the vehicle is in proper order with no safety issues. this goes to the mechanic in the PM and they review the same and sign off. When you sign off the DVIR you awknowledge this.
This is not entirely accurate. The only time the mechanic will sign off on the DVIR is if there are any write-ups, otherwise the driver will sign off the following morning. The driver signing off is acknowledging one of two things: 1, that there were no write-ups or, 2, that any write ups were repaired and/or signed off by the mechanic.
h
100% right, I was in a rush when I posted that before going to work and misspoke or left out some info . The mechanic will obviously not go check out and sign off every truck that has no problems :D My experience is the mechanics sift through the signed off DVIRS and find problems, then check them out, and sign off the DVIR they addressed them/corrected problem or took the truck off the road. If there were no issues the day before, you're pretripping and signing off the vehicle is ready to go.

evilleace

Ok so it looks like I will be going to integrad soon, and I hear they are pretty strict on the footwear there. So I was wondering if anyone who has been could tell me if they think Danner boots will be acceptable and will function ok for the school.

Thanks for any help guys.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Ok so it looks like I will be going to integrad soon, and I hear they are pretty strict on the footwear there. So I was wondering if anyone who has been could tell me if they think Danner boots will be acceptable and will function ok for the school.

Thanks for any help guys.
$255 is kinda expensive for work boots. I'm sure you can find a similarly "good" pair for way cheaper. Don't forget, Mama needs money for diapers and milk.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Here's the DOT pretrip I put together a while ago. You will have to know pretty much 100% so get friendly. This is probably not 100% but close, maybe 95.

Entering vehicle: check door open/locked position, closes and opens.

inspect interior lights front and back (if appliciable),
verify bulkhead opens/closes and locks properly.
view hazmat pouch.
look for up to date/ year safety response book and registration.
fire ext and flares
sitting down
look through DVIR. review yesterday and sign off
fasten seatbelt. key in ignition. test seatbelt unfasten- refasten
test seat slide, horn, wipers, lights, highbeams, defrost.
turn on vehicle.
check gauges, gas .
test ebrake and reg brakes pulling forward. reverse and turn on rear camera, test reverse cam and reverse lights.
step outside vehicle holding hand rail, key in pinky, lights on

Outside driver side:
inspect side mirrors.
inspect drver side door open/close/ hold.
test steering wheel play
z-scan , look for DOT decal, vehicle #, reflectors.
inspect tires for tread, sidewall, hubs and valve stem.
look under vehicle for anything hanging /leaking :D

Outside: Front of vehicle -
clearance lights,
headlights
vehicle #,
inspection sticker,
plates, reg,
windshield OK,
underneath vehicle
no visible noteworthy damage

Outside passenger side :

Same as driver side.

Outside Rear of vehicle:
clearance lights working
reflective decals
plates/reg
plate light lit
vehicle /DOT # rear door open/close and locking
check door suspension wire, with key (not finger)

And they wonder why you're over 9.5 everyday! That's about 45 minutes AM time right there! :funny:

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Takes me about 1 minute 45 seconds, though you could probably milk it for 4-5 minutes.

One of these days when I am in a bad mood, I'm going to pre-trip the car, take it to the shop, and refuse to take the route on the road because the fire extinguisher is not certified. Never once in 10 years have I seen a "tagged" extinguisher, meaning it's been inspected and is OK for service.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of these days when I am in a bad mood, I'm going to pre-trip the car, take it to the shop, and refuse to take the route on the road because the fire extinguisher is not certified. Never once in 10 years have I seen a "tagged" extinguisher, meaning it's been inspected and is OK for service.

Let us know how that works out for you.

Mick32

When you do the integration station, leave the car in first gear except at the backing station. You don't ever have to go fast enough to go into second, and shifting becomes one less thing to worry about when they are marking you on everything. Memorize the course, the addresses, and whatnot and just take your time. You have way more time than you need to complete the five "stops".
On the on-road portion, point out everything - every driveway, every pedestrian, and especially every crosswalk. You don't need to lose points for dumb stuff.

evilleace

Just kidding Steve I can handle the cost of my shoes but thanks for the offer! lol

In all honesty what kinds of footwear would you guys suggest then because I have heard that they are pretty strict on the footwear policy at integrad.