Is it too early to bring up the step raise?

Cheesypurpletees

What is a part time Sup?

How many hours do you average?
Is it possible to get extra hours like at express?
Part time sups just work different part time shifts.
Ups Full time on road sups are equivalent to FedEx express managers. They would be the ones getting the hours.
Ups managers are equivalent to express seniors.

btrlov

It's a part time supervisor.

I average fifty hours a week.

Fifty is more than enough, I don't have any idea what it's like at express.
Part time sups just work different part time shifts.
Ups Full time on road sups are equivalent to FedEx express managers. They would be the ones getting the hours.
Ups managers are equivalent to express seniors.
correct pt supervisors using a different Time and Attendance system called PTRS, they do their own time cards, which are reviewed by FT sups . they have to enter a break., even if they don't take it. which is basically makes them hourly, they ,might have updated that system to something better. they get the same pressure to donate to united way, but not like the mandatory donations like fulltime management ... they are guaranteed 27.5 a week they work package division which is the preload, and hub division which is twilight and overnight. Hub uses HFCS, and package uses a different pay system. Full sups have a diff system. Most PT sups at UPS can do what FedEx Op managers does , and are better at navigating different personalities from dealing with the teamsters.

btrlov

What is a part time Sup?

How many hours do you average?
Is it possible to get extra hours like at express?
part time sups are basically used to absorb some of the wrath of the teamsters and to help mange smaller areas where the building is too big for the FT super to be everywhere at once. there min is 27.5 a week and they usually range 30+ hrs a week. When UPS cuts back on hours pt sups are usually cut back to 27.5 as well

fedx

Extra Large Package
We should be finding out soon if we are getting a pay step. I noticed it was announced on Aug 6 in 2021 about the raise for that year. I'm sure this whole UPS pay raise has thrown a monkey wrench in their plans. It would look pretty bad when one shipping company is giving significant, guaranteed annual raises and FedEx either doesn't give any raise or only 2% or 3% again. It would be smart to give a pay step even if they're are going to close stations. If couriers have to worry about if their station is going to close next year and they don't get any raise or a minimal raise, then there's really no reason to stick around. I've heard people say they want couriers to leave, but if they leave too soon or too fast, this transition to Ground could implode. If you're going to lay them off eventually, you might as well give them a raise since it won't last all that long.

Attachments

• 2D635430-AF3F-4A7D-A942-93D57C792E32.jpeg
    2D635430-AF3F-4A7D-A942-93D57C792E32.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 32

Artee

It was announced in the last few days that there will be a pay action in October. How much has not been decided yet.

zeev

You will be given a stick with a carrot on it till you are let go. You can always trust FedEx to keep their word.

FedupExpress

"It's cold as :censored2: on this plane, I don't get paid enough"

Attachments

• 20230819_154315.jpg
    20230819_154315.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230819_154311.jpg
    20230819_154311.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 33

Aquaman

It
I don’t see why FedEx would give any pay increase. If people don’t like it and quit, reducing the workforce is exactly what the plan calls for.
The company (the express side in particular) HAS to try not to implode during this transition. You need to close down stations, systematically, and for the most part quietly. You need Express to continue operating as best it can, until the plug is pulled. With people posting severance sheets on the Facebook group and freaking out, I think a no raise October would do some serious damage to the systematic shutdown they’re attempting. So while no it doesn’t make much sense to give a good raise to employees you’re foreseeably going to lay off… they have to try to keep a glimmer of hope alive.

FedupExpress

It

The company (the express side in particular) HAS to try not to implode during this transition. You need to close down stations, systematically, and for the most part quietly. You need Express to continue operating as best it can, until the plug is pulled. With people posting severance sheets on the Facebook group and freaking out, I think a no raise October would do some serious damage to the systematic shutdown they’re attempting. So while no it doesn’t make much sense to give a good raise to employees you’re foreseeably going to lay off… they have to try to keep a glimmer of hope alive.
A lot of people are quitting at my station, it's like 50% think we are all going employee and 50% going contractor.

Aquaman

A lot of people are quitting at my station, it's like 50% think we are all going employee and 50% going contractor.
They are trying their best to avoid saying it. But Express is going to be moving freight for Ground. That’s it. In the United States, Ground is eventually going to be delivering everything. We will have a ramp operation and probably some RTD’s to shuttle that freight to the Ground facility. That’s going to be the extent of the express operation.

Gone fishin

They are trying their best to avoid saying it. But Express is going to be moving freight for Ground. That’s it. In the United States, Ground is eventually going to be delivering everything. We will have a ramp operation and probably some RTD’s to shuttle that freight to the Ground facility. That’s going to be the extent of the express operation.
I agree. I don’t think Fedex will offer 1030 express deliveries in the future. That said , Amazon is ramping up their 3rd party delivering and UPS will need freight to pay those hourly wages. Fedex will be a glorified mom and pops Red Express with Ground deliveries.

FedupExpress

So express will be deleted, what about the business that want early morning delivery?

Part timers? I'm sure companies will just go with UPS
FedEx will be out of business soon enough.

Post office and Amazon will take their business as well.

Gone fishin

So express will be deleted, what about the business that want early morning delivery?

Part timers? I'm sure companies will just go with UPS
FedEx will be out of business soon enough.

Post office and Amazon will take their business as well.
3 facts
Fred has generational money and he’s a fossil
Fred Jr couldn’t run a lemonade stand
Raj is here to take the business bullet , has no clue how to run a delivery company or any company. He’s a numbers geek.
We’re done

MassWineGuy

It

I think you’re being overly optimistic, but I hope you’re right. They don’t care if no raise drives people away. Looks better to Wall St., which is the guiding force.

Guitarman01

Lol if we could safely and easily transfer money, I would bet a wager we get full step raises. They know the plan, it's not going to matter to them one way or another.