January flavor of the month

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Idle time>>>>>>telematics>>>>>
Someone, maybe one of our esteemed mechanic members can enlighten me.
Is idle time, only if the car is in park and running? Or is it at red lights, stop signs?
I have the highest idle time in the building. So Im on the radar. When I had a ridelaong, my idle time was 81 minutes? Alone its 69. When my center manager asked me, I said "my boss was cold all day, maybe I let it run when he reviewed stuff with me all...... day....... long. My center manager got quiet, I thought I dropped the call...............then he said, REALLY? Then I remember the wise words Ive heard here, " I dont know I dont recall"
My center manager told me to write it up for the mechanic, I put it in my dvir as per center manager, check my idle time sensor, whatever. See center manager.
I know I dont idle, I go somewhere warm to eat lunch.
Also it is now mandatory to wear a diad holder? I used it with the last diad, but this new one is like wearing a golf bag. It gets stuck in my belt, my remote keys, etc, I use my pocket in my coat or my pants. I got followed today and then after that, he rexted me and wanted to know if I wa wearing one. Said no and told him why. The next guy he followed he ripped him for it, and told him it was mandatory. WTF?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So if you have an inner city rt with stop signs, and red lights, at every intersection, you would have higher idle time than country, correct? And thank you, I dont think they know.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well alrighty then. Thats not what the mgmt team told me....no wonder my mechanics eyes were glazed over, when I wrote it up. LOL. You cant make this crap up. Boy they got the mgmt jumping through hoops at every turn. I almost feel for them.

So if you have an inner city rt with stop signs, and red lights, at every intersection, you would have higher idle time than country, correct? And thank you, I dont think they know.
Yes. Lights stop signs adds up. You don't have to wear a diad holder. If your center manager pushes it call your ba and let him know. Labor has agreed that a diad pouch isn't a condition of employment. You don't have to wear one. It's up to you. Tell your ba this and have him contact labor.

Cementups

Box Monkey
It's really stupid but just shut off the ignition at every red light.Stop signs too if it's slow.
Who cares?

This is a no no. If you're vehicle is off while sitting at a stop light/sign, then you may not have time to react to any sudden situations that may occur. I've asked about this.

DS

Fenderbender
Tooner,it seems that everything that happens there happens here about a year later.
If it ain't one thing it's 8 other things.Just think of it this way.IE sets the pace,the sups
are given goals like in high school that they must complete.Try to go along with them,
most of them hate it as much as you do,they just can't show it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Our Flavor of the Month is that they started up on the Depth of Knowledge crap again. They ignored it during Peak, now thats its slowing down a little they have to start up on something else. First accident of the year? Safety Committee member got charged with an accident after he got hit while parked. Didn't fold his mirror in and somebody hit it. Same old.......

Yes. Lights stop signs adds up. You don't have to wear a diad holder. If your center manager pushes it call your ba and let him know. Labor has agreed that a diad pouch isn't a condition of employment. You don't have to wear one. It's up to you. Tell your ba this and have him contact labor.
Don't do this. Canada is different than the USA. That :censored2: don't fly here.

Our Flavor of the Month is that they started up on the Depth of Knowledge crap again. They ignored it during Peak, now thats its slowing down a little they have to start up on something else. First accident of the year? Safety Committee member got charged with an accident after he got hit while parked. Didn't fold his mirror in and somebody hit it. Same old.......
We don't have a flavor of the month right now. Must be a good local with bad ass business agents.