Ken ... LOL Driver had his bulkhead door open

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This was clearly a photo-op and Ken is clearly not a driver. As Hoke said, the center knew well in advance and took the time to make sure the pkg car was spotless, the "driver" sharply dressed and briefed on what he was to do and what not to say. I chuckled at his "sense of urgency" and, yes, at the bulkhead door being open.

UPSER110

I can almost bet Ken doesn't even work for UPS haha.

-What is he doing in the beginning putting it in gear?
-I like how the reporter says he isn't used to having cargo in the passenger seat. That looks like a densely packed residential area and he should be used to having a helper.
-Plus the Today show is in the morning (and you can tell it is early by the way the sun is shining)and you can see through the windshield in the beginning of the video that is 1000 2000 and possibly the 5000 and 6000 shelves are empty.
-100 stops in an area like that he would be done and 2pm.

Marne Vet

I've seen a LOT of Dog and Pony Shows before, and that was definitely one of them. About ten years ago a local News station was doing a bit where their Sports guy was doing a tough job for a day. One of the drivers in our hub sent in a letter to see if he would come be a UPS driver for a day. He did, and it was so cheesy. I think they did 30 stops together for the camera to edit it down. What a sham. If this guy "Ken" is a real driver, he's the center's runner, or kiss-ass. How do you miss the bulkhead door? Dummy Ken. Fail.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've seen a LOT of Dog and Pony Shows before, and that was definitely one of them. About ten years ago a local News station was doing a bit where their Sports guy was doing a tough job for a day. One of the drivers in our hub sent in a letter to see if he would come be a UPS driver for a day. He did, and it was so cheesy. I think they did 30 stops together for the camera to edit it down. What a sham. If this guy "Ken" is a real driver, he's the center's runner, or kiss-ass. How do you miss the bulkhead door? Dummy Ken. Fail.
I feel I must point out the obvious.
This was not made for internal UPS consumption.
It is not a training video.
It was a co-produced photo op and UPS Communications (a department within UPS Brand) scored a hit with the public.
I can assure you that they don't care what we think of the skit.
It was good PR.

Marne Vet

It was a co-produced photo op and UPS Communications (a department within UPS Brand) scored a hit with the public.
It was good PR.

I know. We've had them [here] many times. It's a joke. "Ken" could've been a driver, but most likely not. They had an op to show off the brand during our "busy season" for the cameras.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I know. We've had them [here] many times. It's a joke. "Ken" could've been a driver, but most likely not. They had an op to show off the brand during our "busy season" for the cameras.
I know I've seen at least 50 of these type things being filmed over the years.
These shoots can be very disruptive if they are done in the workplace while people are working.
I've been shushed many times.

FilingBluesFL

ok, who has the hand truck strap that keeps it in place, installed on the 4000 shelf???

I do, I do!!

A lot of ours are stretched out, or broken, replaced by the good 'ole black rubber ones!

Boy, if you want to see a dog and pony show, you should see what happens when a congressional representative decides to drop by...

*barf*

Z

ZQXC

It was good PR.

They don't care what we think of (anything).

OPTION3

I bet Ken was a sup.
I know him (Ken)…not a sup….but probably shoulda been. I also know they paid a car washer 3 hrs of over time pay to DETAIL that car for this bit. Also funny was the supervisor "promising" to get the lady her package…and then laughing……that same same LIE and LAUGH they give you when the screw you over…..and she fell for it---LAUGHER